InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles from a Crossover Fangirl ❯ Kagome/Ayame ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Drabbles from A Crossover Fangirl

Author: inuyashagirl5

Rating: T

Genre: Romance/General

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or Fruits Basket. InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Fruits Basket is owned by Natsuki Takaya. I only borrow their characters for my own amusement and for the amusement of my readers.
#07: Simply Irresistible

Pairing: Kagome/Ayame (Let's pretend she's 19 and he's 27 )

Word Count: 907
Kagome had this thing with believing she was just a below average, not really pretty girl. She had always thought she was average, and then Inuyasha had told her she wasn't even that. That when it came to her, and in comparison to Kikyo, she was just a below average everything. He complained about her slowness. True, she was human and he a half demon, but Kikyo had never been slow. He complained about her weight when he carried her. Kikyo had never been heavy.

So, it had taken her completely by surprise when she was approached by a very handsome, albeit flamboyant, older man and asked if she would be willing to pose for some pictures for his clothing line. He had shown her the previous catalog full of different style uniforms and dresses. Many of the items caught her eye and she murmured softly about how pretty they were before agreeing. He had asked her for her name and given her his business card, asking her to stop by the following morning. She nodded in agreement and he kissed her hand before quickly departing.

She arrived at the man's shop at the time he designated. Ayame looked up from behind the counter when she entered and blatantly stared at her. She blushed and fidgeted under his gaze, unconsciously tugging on the hem of her simple white sun dress. She could have sworn he whispered the word angel before stepping from behind the counter and ushering her into the back room. She was surprised to see three others there. One female, dressed in a cute, pink maid's outfit and two males. One was standing and setting up his camera, the other sat quietly on the couch sipping a cup of tea, his eyes on her and the man next to her.

She was thrust into the woman's care immediately, her name being Mine. Mine's eyes took on a very evil glint as she led her into a changing room. She was instructed to strip and change into a light blue, low cut dress, flowing dress. She did as she was told while Mine fussed with a few added accessories and pinning Kagome's hair up, leaving a few raven tendrils to hang down. The last item she was told to put on was a soft, feathery mask of the same color as the dress. Mine gushed at the finished product and stepped out of the dressing room, giving her boss a quick wink before pulling Kagome out.

There was a collective gasp from all males present and Kagome's cheeks lit up with a bright blush. She averted her eyes to the floor missing the smirks passed between the owner and his friend. Mine nudged her forward and led her to where she was supposed to pose. She took a seat on the plush, red chaise lounge. Ayame knelt before her, his long fingers grasping her chin lightly and tilting her head to the left and then to the right. His own cheeks held a faint blush, making Kagome feel more nervous. She mentally smacked herself just as he spoke.

"Mine, come here." He looked over his shoulder as his assistant came over. "She doesn't need much make up. Just a little black to accent her beautiful blue eyes and only a light red for her lips. They're really already pretty enough so maybe lip gloss instead of lipstick."

He stepped back, allowing Mine to apply the makeup to Kagome's face. He rejoined his cousin on the sofa, giving him a look that clearly stated he wanted the young woman and the novelist snickered.

Once finished, Mine stepped back and allowed the photographer to do his job. Eight hours and fifty outfits later, the photographer snapped his last photo and began cleaning up. Ayame was the only other person there, Shigure having left hours earlier and Mine having left after helping Kagome with the last outfit. Kagome felt more confident than she had earlier. Conversations with the others had helped things greatly and she found that Ayame was really expressive and passionate about his work. He had no quarrels with speaking his mind.

As she slipped off the cute, short, frilly dress she heard Ayame saying goodbye to the photographer and that he was eager to see the finished results. She redressed into her white sun dress, which really seemed plain now that she had tried on much prettier things, and stepped back into the main room. She was greeted by Ayame, who was putting on a long red coat and buttoning it up.

"Won't you be too warm with that?" She asked curiously and he smirked.

"Not at all, my dear. Shall we go?" He offered his arm and she paused in confusion.

"Go? Go where, Ayame?"

"Out to dinner of course! You cannot refuse me! We are meant to go out!"

She covered her mouth with her hand and a small giggle escaped. He certainly was amusing and sweet. Kagome knew she was giving in, not that she had put up a fight. She was attracted to Ayame, and he really wasn't too much older than her. Besides, what could one date hurt? It could be the much needed change she was looking for in life.

"Alright then." She smiled and hooked her arm around his offered one. Ayame was taken aback slightly when she accepted, but pushed it well out of the way and began to lead her out of the shop.

"Kagome, my dear. You are simply irresistible!"