InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Cards of Fate ❯ Reminicing pt2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The young woman, now identified as ChiChi, stirred the rice making sure it wouldn't burn. The events consisting of her Uncle Ox and her friends from the very distant past had all happened about 17 years ago. She had come to call her uncle, father after he had adopted her making her Kagome ChiChari “ChiChi” Higurashi Kinguouchi. She then began going mainly by ChiChi. She kept up her training; her “father” was very surprised at her ability and strength. She had heard of a tournament of fighting coming up. The strongest fighters in the world were supposedly going to attend this thing. So she decided to sign up and show these guys what a girl could do. She made a plan to where a mask and not take it off until she either lost or won, simple as that. But she had inadvertently walked right into the trap of fate, once again. There, in the finals, she met her true love, and it seemed ironic to her. The handsome, young man was silly, goofy, open, kindhearted, a bit clumsy, and would eat just about anything and everything in sight. And what fazed her was that, there she thought she was in love with Inuyasha, whom she missed dearly along with the rest of the group, but here she was falling, and quite hard she might add, for a boy the exact opposite of him.
 
He had beaten her and just as she promised herself when they had come to shake hands, she removed her mask letting her hair fall to her back. Everyone in the crowd and those whom she had defeated gasped at the sight of her. She had wanted to smirk at the thoughts of those who were now wondering how a woman, a small one no less, beat them. The young man though didn't seem surprised at all. He just smiled a goofy grin and offered his hand to her.
 
“Gee, that was a close one your good. Maybe we can spar again sometime. By the way my name's Son, Goku, just call me Goku,” He replied with a loud chuckle at the end.
Chichi was for some slight reason was irritated by his attitude. But the grin he gave her and the loud chuckle he emitted at the end of his staments immediately made her irritation waver and caused her to let out a laugh too.
“Hehehe…um Well Goku my name's ChiChi and just call me ChiChi ok and you were a very tough opponent also,” she stated.
From then on things between the two seemed to just grow and before she knew it she was “ChiChi” Kagome ChiChari Higurashi Kinguouchi Son. Though she never told her husband of her past she believed it better for him not to know which she might now be regretting. It just seemed at the time not to important to mention. Plus the fact that said events had just occurred no more than a few months ago and it still pained her to think of them.
From then on things seemed to blur for Kagome, now Chichi, such as the birth of her first baby boy, Gohan. When she gave birth to him she swore to herself that she would always protect him and that she would not bring him into all the muck of the fights. She wanted to give him a somewhat normal life and allow him to use his intellect to help others instead of his brawns. She didn't know what she would do if she lost her son and husband to some evil being such as Naraku. Even though the only thing that she had to worry about at the time was if lunch was ready and if Goku had snuck Gohan out of the house, AGAIN, when he should be studying.
But of course something just HAD to happen, and that something happened to be that she finds out that she had a brother-in-law. And not the ass that you usually end up with for a brother-in-law, NO it just had to turn out the he was one of the few remaining members of a species that is bent on taking over and destroying the world. And of course that turned into the fact that both her husband and son were now also pieces of this confusing puzzle.
Now she had to have found out a little about her husbands past, which she did and when he starts telling a story he doesn't stop, and when she found out about the small appendage that Goku had once had and passed down to her son, lets say she was somewhat … uh surprised. Now she had dealt with weasels the size of semis and roaches that would make a T-rex run away with its tail in-between its legs. So a small monkey tail was NOT a turn-off for Chichi, heck she thought it was actually cute.
But, when Krillen came in through the door from the reunion instead of her family she immediately knew something was wrong. Of course her miko powers had been as sharp as ever and she had felt the spike in evil energy the moment it came into the stratosphere. But, she had prayed to Kami that it was something that could wait till that night when she could check it out.
She nearly died the moment he told her of the event that had taken place while she had been here. So she did the only logical thing the reincarnation of Midoriko and Kikyou, the most powerful priestess in the world and probably one of the last that can harness spiritual powers, protectress of the one and only Shikon no Tama feared by all surviving demons in hiding, wife of the strongest warrior in the world, besides herself of course, and mother to a half saiyan would do.
She fainted.
Well the ordeal had been a lot on her. She knew she couldn't do anything at the moment and waited the fight out. She had been so relived when her family came back to her. But these events only made her more protective of her son. She would be dammed if she let another one of her sons be killed by evil. (She is referring to Shippo as her son here k)
But that didn't stop evil from trying to take over the world. And she would have helped fight them all if her Goku hadn't made her promise not to interfere with any of his fights she would have been kicking some alien ass.
It became apparent to Chichi soon that there were just TOO many evil beings coming and going for her tastes, and it was a bit too much of a coincidence. It was when she had finally gotten her son calmed and sleeping after the battle with a brute named Cell, and she herself for the first time got to begin to mourn. It was when she looked down her neckline, past her over shirt, to look at the Shikon when it dawned on her that this stone might be one of the reasons for the attacks. Chichi, herself, knew of the draw that all demons had to its immense power, well maybe it was just the same for aliens. Now Chichi was not a stupid person she had found out about many things that came with the package of being guardian of the jewel. Of course it helped her control her ever-growing miko powers, she also found out a way in dire situations for some periods of time to immerse the Shikon back into her body. Which she found herself doing whenever a big battle was coming their way. It soon came to Chichi's attention that she was also growing at an ENOURMOUSLY slow pace. She hadn't aged much from her form of 21 and she had a son, a son on the way, and was under horrendous stress.
Well Chichi, always being prepared would hide the jewel when Goku told her of the newest enemy's arrival. They always seemed to babble on and on about a strange power they must have or triumph over. Since she hid the jewel it was only logical to think the next most powerful thing is what they felt, her husband.
At this newly discovered information on her part she had ripped the necklace away from her neck and chucked it at the nearest thing, the gravity room. (Just for yawls info she is at Bulma s house and is outside mourning the death of her husband) Taking a few deep breaths she went and retrieved the small object. It seemed so strange this damned marble was the cause of all this death and turmoil. It held in its small area the blood of her family, all her Feudal friends, her husband's death not once but twice, and the suffering and heartache of countless others.
She could have given it up and been done with it but she knew that it was her weight to carry and decided to be strong, not only for herself but for her son, her friends, and everyone on the earth and all other peaceable life on other planets.
For what allot of people did not know was that after the first death of her husband she had gotten training form her son in all he had learned from Piccolo and from his father, he being so young doesn't QUITE remember it himself.
Well soon enough she was once again large with child. But, Chichi knew from almost 4 months of age that her child was going to be special. Now while pregnant with Gohan she knew he had a power in him. It was wild, and ferial while the power that was slowly growing into her child was quite familiar, it was wild yet soothing and warming. Her next child would be the main inheritor of her powers. Not that Gohan hadn't gotten any just that it was very innate and over powered by his Sayin heritage, Gohan had the ability to harness it he just did not have the right training. This next child would have to be trained, of course its powers would not involuntarily show themselves till it's mid teens.
Chichi was strewn from her thoughts when the buzzer on the over alarmed her that her lunch needed to be checked. As she removed the dish carefully as she could so not to burn herself and to not ruin all her hard work. She carefully placed it on the counter in line with the rest of the food then went to tend to the last course of the obese meal. Chichi began to slowly stir the pots contents then scraped the sticky substance onto a prepared layout, on the counter laid a heap of sticky rice. Chichi set to work and started rolling the rice into ball shapes and placing them in napkins.
Now Chichi was ashamed and sad that she did not tell her husband of her past, its not like he wouldn't understand or believe her. The main reason for the sudden change of heart was the fact that she was beginning to feel evil vibes, terribly evil vibes that could only belong to one PERSON. And even worse her suspensions were proven true when a woman attacked her suddenly during one of her shopping trips. She was quite familiar looking she had green hair that was put up in two chopsticks that looked more like sticks you pick up off the ground. And her eyes were an all to familiar crimson. She had demanded that the “Little Miko” surrender herself immediately. She was able to ward her off but she didn't want to harm any of the pedestrians and she was unarmed to boot.
When Chichi got home from the incident she had no choice but to tell Goku in great detail not only because it was on the news with a clear shot of her or because she felt she owed it to him as his wife, but also because her youngest son had been in one of the crowds and undoubtedly arrived home before she had. It was after telling him of the encounter was when her naivety caught up to her once more. It had been almost two years since the dragon balls had last been used. And since they were used with dragon energy a form of Dark energy it would just add to his strength if she tried to use it against him. And she herself had a wish in mind that she had been longing desperately for, for a long, long time.
Chichi looked down to see the last of the rice in her hands as she reached over to place the rice ball with the others when she felt two very muscular arms around her waste and pull her close into an equally muscular chest.
A head adorned with extremely messy hair bent forward and whispered into her ear, “Hey Hon, got the last one, and lunch smells delicious,” in a husky tone.
This simple gesture caused shivers to run up her spine. She squeezed and turned around till she was facing the love of her life. A true smile spread across her face as she nearly let out a squeal, and in a swift move placed a quick yet passionate kiss on his lips. As she lowered to her regular height she saw a rare glint fill Goku's eyes as a playful smirk was imbedded on his mouth. Chichi felt herself being magnetically drawn upward as he lowered his head. In an instant they were locked in a passionate kiss. Chichi moved her hands to her husbands neck when…..CRASH and a surround sound of EWWWWWWWWWW GROSS was heard in both tenor and falsetto voices.
With an annoyed sigh Chichi looked over Goku's shoulder to see her two sons. Rolling her eyes she unraveled herself from Goku's embrace, with a bit of reluctance on both their parts, and began to place the many dishes on the dining room table.
Before she could count to “whoo” her three men were stuffing the food down their throats. (Any one ever seen Ron White will get that) It was when they were satisfied that Gohan asked the question she had been dreading.
“Hey, Mom we've been gathering DBs(DragonBalls) for like three days now and I still haven't heard you say one time what you were wishin for. So.. what is it?”
With a heave and a plastered smile she had learned form Shippo she replied, “Well you'll just have ta wait a little while, I haven't even told your father yet. But I can assure you it is a wish of utmost importance,” she finished with a secret smile.
It wasn't long after a couple of showers, phone calls, and clothes changes they were on their way to Kami's Tower. And Chichi, or at the moment Kagome, couldn't stop squirming form excitement and was about to bust with joy. She just hoped it wasn't a dream, she hoped, prayed, and begged to any kami, deity, or whatever else was out there that this was not a dream.
~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~
Kinguouchi - King OX
Miko - Shrine priestess
Kami - god
SORRY its been so long hope ya like it