InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Secret ❯ After Effects ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
After Effects
 
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed Words
 
 
4 Days Till the Tournament
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome growled as she ran a hand through her ice looking hair. Her eyes flashed with sudden anger as she watched the battle. Gohan was currently in the process of beating Shippo. She loved Gohan like a brother, but she couldn't help the feeling of rage. She felt like she was ready to run onto the field and kill him for hurting Shippo. Inuyasha stood next to her and could smell her anger. His amber eyes flashed in worry, he could smell her scent mixed with Vegeta's. He had a guess, but he wouldn't go making assumptions yet.
 
“Shippo and Gohan!” Inuyasha yelled out. “Go get cleaned up!”
 
They both stopped and went running off into the house. He could hear Kagome's sigh of relief and watched her become calmer. Krillin came around from the side of the Son house while wiping his face off with a towel. Yamcha was sporting extras bruises. Inuyasha let loose a low growl at him; he could smell another woman. Krillin merely raised an eyebrow in question before he sat next to Kagome. Kagome went to say something but her face turned a pure green. She ran behind a tree and let loose her breakfast.
 
“Are you all right?” Krillin asked when he heard her mild curses.
 
“Fine,” she assured as she wiped her mouth.
 
“What ya do? Get knocked up?” Yamcha joked.
 
Kagome growled at him as the air turned a bit frosty.
 
“Who wants to spar!?” Goku yelled out as he ran out of the house dodging a flying frying pan. Amazingly enough, Chichi wasn't yelling. She was keeping to her side of the bargain. She poked her head out the window and shook a frying pan at him in warning.
 
“Love ya too!” Goku called out as her face turned red in anger. He was mocking her.
 
“I'll give her the necklace if you don't behave,” Kagome warned as her eyes turned a darker blue.
 
Goku went to say something but noticed a change. He stared at Kagome and checked her ki. It seemed like she was radiating to different ki, it was faint but there. Inuyasha shook his head `no' at Goku. Krillin watched the exchange in silent confusion and Yamcha had snuck off. Goku knew of Kagome's and Vegeta's rendezvous, he could practically feel their ki miles away. The energy they had released had Gohan hyper and running around the house in boredom. Him and Chichi had escaped to a place a little more private; even then, she kept up the bargain.
 
“I'm going to get a water,” Krillin announced as he walked off.
 
Miroku and Sango walked out of the house with Kirara not to far behind. Miroku was talking about children and Sango was blushing. Sango had spotted Kagome and rushed over to her. Sango embraced Kagome and she happily embraced her back. Sango then watched as Miroku pulled her into a hug. They all watched her tense and begin to growl. She backhanded him across the training grounds as her eye began to bleed red. Inuyasha cursed, he now knew what was wrong.
 
Miroku only had a moment to roll out of her way. She brought her claws down and dug out three inches of earth in that swipe. Miroku blocked her next attack with his Shakujou. The gold of his staff was scratched away as he jumped backwards. Kirara transformed and picked him up. They took to the air out of her reach. Kagome prepared to jump up and attack again when she felt strong arms wrap around her and secure her. She immediately sensed it wasn't her male. She roared in anger and head butted the offender in the face.
 
She repeated this three more times before she broke the grasp. Goku's face trailed with blood from his bleeding nose. Kagome growled and began to glow a soft white. Inuyasha cursed, she was going to switch forms.
 
“Submit,” Vegeta growled as he pinned her to the ground. His tail wrapped around her neck.
 
She growled and bared her fangs at him. Her eyes began to turn back to a normal blue. She immediately relaxed and sighed. Vegeta held her at a comforting distance and she looked at him. Her eyes were filled with love and worry. His were filled with a sense of pride and slight worry. Kagome opened her mouth to talk but ended up losing the rest of her breakfast on him. Vegeta frowned and slightly growled at her and she shrugged her shoulders. Sango then led her inside the house to get cleaned up.
 
“What's wrong with Kagome?” Krillin asked as he came out of the house. Goku grinned and Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“It appears that Vegeta has some explaining to do,” Miroku stated as he came back to the ground.
 
“She is carrying the future heir of Vegeta-sai,” Vegeta calmly said with a hint of pride.
 
“She's pregnant,” Goku simplified as he hit Vegeta's back.
 
Vegeta growled and stalked off into the house to get a new set of clothes. He wasn't going to wear his mate's puke no matter how pregnant she was. He walked into the bathroom and quickly changed into a spare set he had brought in a capsule. He leaned against the wall and could faint whispers. It sounded like Kagome and her female friend.
 
 
 
 
Kagome groaned in disgust as she wiped her face off with a wet cloth. Sango leaned against the dresser and stared at her in concern. Kagome sighed and dropped her head into her waiting palms. She took calm and even breathes so she wouldn't get panicked. She looked up at Sango in slight helplessness. Sango sighed and sat on the bed next to Kagome. She pulled the woman into a hug and began to pat her hair down.
 
“I don't know what to do,” Kagome whispered.
 
“I think I know what's wrong,” Sango assured as she released her hug.
 
“It's not what's wrong…its what's right,” Kagome, sighed as she leaned her head on Sango's shoulder.
 
“I know you're pregnant, I could tell a mile away,” Sango claimed with a smile.
 
“I know…and it's wonderful and horrible at the same time,” Kagome whispered as her face turned to a pained look. Sango looked over at her in confusion.
 
“What do you mean?” Sango questioned in confusion.
 
“I'm from another world,” Kagome stated as if it explained everything.
 
“So?”
 
“I have to go back to my world at some point…I have responsibilities that can't be left behind,” Kagome cried.
 
Sango saddened as she remembered Naraku and what they had to do.
 
“You're still allowed a life,” Sango whispered
 
“This baby that I carry…I can feel its power,” Kagome calmly explained as she touched her stomach.
 
“You don't want to involve Vegeta with our quest,” Sango realized as she looked at Kagome.
 
“This baby is going to a dragon-saiyan hybrid…it won't be weak and I can't afford Naraku getting it,” Kagome softly whispered as she clutched onto her stomach.
 
“He won't harm the baby-”
 
“I know…that's why I have to do this,” Kagome seriously whispered.
 
“Do what?” Sango demanded in worry.
 
“I can't allow Vegeta to come with and I can't allow this baby into my time,” Kagome resolved.
 
“What are you planning?” Sango demanded.
 
Kagome reached out and touched Sango's forehead. She sent Sango her thoughts and plan. Sango's eyes began to water and she shook her head. Kagome dropped her hand away and softly smiled. Sango couldn't understand how Kagome could do this to herself, but she could understand wanting to protect her unborn child and mate. Sango could relate because she wanted to protect Miroku from that curse and Kohaku. But she had failed Kohaku and she knew Kagome wouldn't fail in her plan.
 
“How long do dragon's birth?” Sango suddenly asked.
 
“Three days and I'll lay an egg,” Kagome said.
 
Sango's mouth dropped open in shock as she thought of a chicken. Her face turned red and laughter filled the house. Kagome growled and lightly punched her in the arm. Sango's laughter turned to mild chuckles and eventually she calmed.
 
“Are you going to explain this to the other's?” Sango asked.
 
“No way! They'll laugh!” Kagome yelled in slight embarrassment.
 
 
 
 
Vegeta had fully changed and now he sat on the toilet with a dark look on his face. He could perceive her sorrow and determination through their link. He didn't know what she was exactly planning but he wouldn't allow her to go through with it. He leaned his head against the sink and that's when he heard it. He heard Sango ask the most important question.
 
“What's your true name?”
 
“Ryoko,” Kagome tired to softly answer.