InuYasha Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Secret ❯ Frigid Origin ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Frigid Origin
 
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed Words
 
 
1 Day Left Until the Tournament
 
 
 
 
Bulma sighed as she sat in the office with Kagome and her own mother. Believe it or not her mother was a nurse that had been practicing in the other world or dimension. Kagome's stomach had slightly swelled and her skin on the stomach had turned a pure white. Kagome had reverted to her halfway form; she couldn't stand the frigid temperature as human. Her skin was ivory with the scales and her stomach was the same leaving her chest the dark blue. Bulma reached over and quickly touched Kagome's cheek.
 
She was as cold as death, and even colder. Sango and Inuyasha walked into the room. Miroku had not been asked to come because he volunteered to watch Shippo. Inuyasha sat at the head of Kagome and he pushed a dark blue lock of hair from her face. Sango clutched the table in worry; she couldn't bear to touch the frigidness of Kagome's skin. Vegeta had not been seen for the past three days. Kagome grunted in pain as her sweat froze to tiny ice bead. They bounced off the table and to the floor.
 
Bulma turned her head and watched as her mother put on cold resistant gloves. Kagome hissed in pain as she felt herself dilating. Bulma growled in anger wishing she could kill Vegeta for not being here. Inuyasha frowned in worry as he watched Kagome's expression become pained. She began to pant as she pushed. Bulma watched her mother's eyes widen in pure awe before she returned to her serious expression. Kagome began to push and the nurse reached and grabbed the egg. It was as big as a watermelon.
 
Kagome yelled in pain as she pushed once more. The egg slid out and the Kagome began to pant to catch her breath. Her form began to glow a pure white. Soon enough the dragon form was released. Bulma watched her mother wipe the egg off with a towel. It looked like a giant egg shaped icicle; the only difference was you couldn't see the inside. The egg was cleaned off and Kagome curled around it in content. Her eyes slid closed and she soon began to sleep.
 
“That was amazing,” Bulma's mother stated as she removed the gloves.
 
“I wonder how long until it hatches,” Inuyasha murmured as he touched it. He pulled his hand away and mouthed the word freezing.
 
“I'm going to get going,” Bulma's mother happily declared as she left the room.
 
“I wonder where Vegeta is,” Sango whispered as she glanced at Bulma.
 
Kagome's eyes opened as she shifted to her human form, she was almost healed. Her ice blue eyes locked on Bulma's blue eyes and she sighed. Sango knew what was about to happen. Sango led Inuyasha out of the room and he grudgingly didn't want to go. Kagome watched as they left and she turned back to Bulma. Her cousin had a look of confusion on her face. Kagome smiled reassuringly at Bulma.
 
“I need a favor,” Kagome weakly began.
 
“What is it?” Bulma worriedly asked.
 
“He'll be born in two days,” Kagome weakly whispered.
 
“Is he alright?” Bulma inquired.
 
“I can't…I can't take him with me,” Kagome quickly said as the tears formed. Bulma stared at her in worry as she watched her cousin.
 
“What?”
 
“It's to dangerous to take him to my world,” Kagome explained.
 
“Your world's perfectly safe,” Bulma tried to convince.
 
“Naraku…if he gets my baby he'll absorb him for his power,” Kagome tiredly clarified.
 
“But he'll be just a baby,” Bulma almost yelled, disgusted that Naraku would try such a thing.
 
“He's a dragon-saiyan hybrid, he can't access his power yet, but he is already powerful,” Kagome calmly stated as she looked at her egg.
 
“What do you want me to do?” Bulma asked in complete understanding.
 
“I want you to raise him here…with you…as your own,” Kagome declared as she bit back the tears.
 
“Oh Kagome,” Bulma whispered in pity.
 
“I just need to know he'll be safe,” Kagome cried.
 
“What about Vegeta?” Bulma asked.
 
“Just act like you to are married,” Kagome said as she bit her lip.
 
“What's his name?” Bulma asked.
 
“You name him, but I'll choose his true name…his dragon name,” Kagome stated.
 
“What about Trunks Vegeta?” Bulma questioned.
 
“Perfect,” Kagome mechanically said.
 
`But his true name will be Rosuto,' Kagome thought as she gazed at her egg.
 
 
 
 
Vegeta sat on top of the Capsule corp. building roof. He could feel Kagome's pain as she gave birth. He couldn't see her yet though. His mind was set about what to do about her planning. Her true name was Ryoko and he knew what he wanted. He stood and jumped off the tall building. The ground sped toward him and he lightly floated the rest of the way down. He was met with Goku who still had a bruised nose. Goku silently regarded him. Chichi had no qualms she walked over and slapped Vegeta across the face.
 
“What the hell was that for!” He growled out in anger.
 
“That's for not being with her right now!” Chichi yelled as she walked away.
 
Vegeta was stunned; she had broken her bargain. He wiped his cheek as if trying to wipe away the stinging. Goku crossed his arms and just continued to stare at Vegeta. Vegeta tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for something. He knew that Kakarot was not a naturally violent person. Goku dropped his arms and sighed in mild defeat. He glared at Vegeta before his look became a look of pity. Vegeta growled in annoyance as Goku gave him a pity smile.
 
“You're only going to push her away,” Goku simply said.
 
“Mind your own business,” Vegeta warned.
 
“She is my business…she's like a sister to me,” Goku growled.
 
“I know what I'm doing,” Vegeta defended.
 
“I'm glad one of us does,” Goku whispered before he flew off after his own wife.
 
“I do know,” Vegeta tried to assure his own mind.
 
 
 
 
Kagome hugged her egg knowing this would be the last time she would see it for now. Kagome walked out of the room and towards her own bedroom. She pulled on an outfit similar to Sango's Taijiya uniform, except she didn't have any armor on. She tied her hair back and glanced at her tired form in the mirror. All she saw was an image of regret as she smiled.
 
“There's something cold and blank…behind this smile,” Kagome softly sang before she left the room.
 
She closed the door and met everyone that would fight in the tournament. She gave them a smile that held sadness. Vegeta was once again nowhere in sight. Miroku held Sango's hand and Bulma had the time copter ready. Kagome gave her cousin a true smile, it would all work out for the better…it would have to. They all boarded the copter and Kagome sat up front with head against the cold glass.
 
The trip to the stadium was silent as her link with Vegeta. She closed her eyes and bit back the tears.
 
`It seems like tears are all I have left,' Kagome ironically thought.
 
 
 
Author's Note:
Sorry this chapter is so short…I promise the next one will be a lot longer.