InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Hands of Fate ❯ Questions, Answers, and More Questions ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, Naruto, or any of the characters mentioned.
 
Italics means a thought.
 
Thank your for your reviews!
I hope I have answered all of your questions in this chapter. If not, leave me a message or review and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.
 
 
Previously:
 
Kagome threw her arms around Itachi's waist and tucked her head under his neck.
“I was so worried! You didn't answer me and I called you so many times!”
 
“Sorry. I was thinking about something.”
 
“Right.”
 
“Kagome.”
 
“Fine, fine. By the way how's Sasuke doing?”
 
Itachi shrugged.
“Fine I guess.”
 
“He's your brother Tachi!”
 
“Don't you remember I killed my entire clan but spared him?”
 
“Oh. Oh yeah. Hah hah…”
 
Now:
 
“Tsunade-sama!”
 
A blond woman turned at the sound of two ninja running into her office.
 
“Neji, Sasuke. What a surprise. What-”
 
“Stone ninja are attacking Konoha!”
 
Tsunade literally leaped up from her chair and began interrogating the two boys. She soon learned that the ninja attacked Sasuke and Neji in the woods. Pushing down the numerous questions she wanted to ask them, she began talking to her assistant, Shizune.
 
“Shizune!”
 
“Yes Tsunade-sama?”
 
“Tell all the Anbu (assassins) and the jounin (high level ninja) that we have a high probablilty of being attacked. Get them ready for battle as soon as possible!”
 
“Yes Tsunade-sama.”
Shizune bowed and left the room in a hurry.
 
“You two!”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Gather up all the able-bodied chuunin (middle rank ninja) and genin (low level ninja) you can find. You will assist the villagers who need help.
 
Sasuke frowned.
“Can't we fight the stone nin Tsunade-sama? Neji and I defeated three earlier today.”
 
Tsunade shook her head.
“I'm sorry Sasuke. But if we allowed you to fight in the battle, the other genin and chuunin would want to fight too. Not all of them are as strong as you are. I'm willing to believe a lot of them would get hurt if they fought.”
 
Sasuke nodded his head and left the room.
 
“Tsunade-sama?”
 
Tsunade sighed softly.
“You're going to ask me about Kagome, aren't you?”
 
Neji's eyes widened slightly.
“How did you know?”
 
“I know you two are lovers, but the fact is that Kagome is in the Bingo Book. She is marked for assassination and will be killed anyways. Wouldn't it be better for you to make her happy before she dies?”
 
Neji bit his lip as thoughts raced through his head. My duty is to kill her, but my heart tells me otherwise. I have always picked duty over my heart. Duty can save a thousand lives, while your heart may save only one life. Is Kagome's life that precious to me that I would pick her over duty? Yes. Yes she is. Kagome is the most special person I have ever met. She makes everyone around her happy, and she can gain anyone's trust in an instant. Kagome is by far the most important thing in my life.
 
“Tsunade-sama, I can't kill Kagome. She's to important to me.”
 
“You know that this is your duty and your mission?”
 
“Kagome is an innocent and pure person. She is a miko (priestess) after all. If I kill her, I will taint her purity. I cannot allow anyone, including myself, to do that.”
 
Tsunade was quiet for a moment then glanced at Konoha from her room.
“Fine then. I'll give the mission to someone else.”
 
“Tell me why Kagome's in the Bingo Book.”
 
“As Hokage, I'm not obligated to tell you any-”
 
Neji held a kunai to Tsunade's neck and gave her the darkest glare he could manage.
“Tell me. Now.”
 
“What are you thinking Neji? This could get you killed.”
 
“I don't care. Kagome has never stepped foot in Konoha until recently. She has been with me almost every minute of every day.”
 
“That's where you're wrong. Kagome has been in Konoha before.”
 
“Wha-what? She would have told me if she had. Kagome arrived in Konoha confused and lost. She didn't know where she was or how she got here.”
 
“Her memories were erased by Uchiha Itachi.”
 
“That bastard. What is his connection with Kagome anyway?”
 
“They were childhood friends. One could have called them young lovers. Itachi and Kagome were always close together. Kagome thought of Uchiha Sasuke as her younger brother. Everyone believed that Kagome and Itachi were to wed, and Sasuke would become Kagome's brother-in-law. Even Itachi's parents wished that. They thought of Kagome as their daughter and wished she would become part of the family.”
Tsunade took a deep breath and continued on.
“Itachi's two weaknesses when he was younger were Sasuke and Kagome. He would do anything to make them happy. If they were kidnapped, he would save them, no matter the danger.”
 
“I see. But why did none of us ever meet Kagome?”
 
“Kagome was rarely allowed out of the Uchiha district. She did ot want to go out either. Her heart belonged to the Uchihas, one in particular.”
 
“Itachi.”
 
Tsunade nodded in affirmation.
 
“But how do you know all of this?”
 
“The Uchiha clan's log was found soon after they were devastated. It told everything except why Itachi murdered the clan. By then, it was too late for them to write the reason. It is not know if the clan knew the reason. Did Itachi go on a killing spree? Or was he just simply unsatisfied with his life? The only thing known was that Itachi would allow no harm to come to Kagome or Sasuke.
“Kagome was the only one not in the clan who was allowed to wear the Uchiha clan crest. It was a symbol of her status, that she was fully accepted into the Uchiha clan.
“When Sasuke was learning how to do the Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu (fireball technique), Kagome stayed with Sasuke until he was ready to return home. Kagome gave Sasuke the push he needed to fully understand how to do it and be recognized by his father.”
 
“But how was this recorded in the log?”
 
“I'll tell you later. Let me continue, okay?”
 
Neji frowned slightly but nodded. He was entranced and was curious to learn about Kagome's life with the Uchihas.
 
“Kagome was the one who asked Itachi to grow his hair long. Kagome always used to braid it and play around with it. Kagome also loved it when his eyes took the form of a Sharingan. She thought it made him look more `dashing', as the log said. Before Itachi killed the Uchiha clan, he grew slightly cold towards Sasuke. His manner of acting didn't change towards Kagome though. He still was the same caring person as he always was.”
 
“Kagome can melt the heart of anyone, even a cold-blooded killer.”
 
“Neji, you have to remember Itachi was just a normal person before he started killing. Granted, he was a prodigy like you and Sasuke, but he was still a resident of Konoha.”
 
“Were he and Kagome…going out?”
 
“The author of the Uchiha log thought that, but there was no real evidence to show that they were. It was said that they were usually seen at the ramen shop.”
 
“May I be excused, Tsunade-sama?”
 
“Hai (yes).”
 
“Thank you.”
Neji left Tsunade's office and took off to Naruto's favorite place, the ramen shop.
Do I want to know the full extent of Kagome and Itachi's relationship?