InuYasha Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ My best friend is Naraku ❯ Funeral ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Last time~
“Let's go home,” I say quietly. “We have Miroku's and Inuyasha's funeral to plan. What's the punishment?”
“Well,” smirks Naraku. “The official story is Kikyo attack you. You transported with her and her accomplices away, but Miroku followed you. Yadda Yadda Yadda. Everyone thinks us as heroes. Miroku's funeral is Monday. We get the day off. Now, let's go home.”
~Now~
Monday seems to begin quickly. The whisper of gossip floats to my ears as I walk around school in my funeral attire. Some impart their sympathies for Miroku's death. Sure, Inuyasha's and Kikyo's death were also bad news, but generally everyone is relieved that they are gone. The funerals for Miroku, Kikyo, and Inuyasha will be held later today. April's body was escorted sent back to her adopted family's place by Kakashi. Lately, he and Kaze have been clashing over my mates and I and the death of April. Her funeral will be held on Wednesday. Gaara, Naraku and I will go to it with Kaze-sama so that the last chapter of my past will be closed and I can move on. Plus, we need to visit Suna. The day is a strained affair. My mates barely let anyone near me. They can feel my anxiety and depression so that's causing them to snap at people for little things. Kagome, Sango, and Rin are the only ones that can come near, but that's because they are females. Kaze says that this behavior is normal for demons and if I think this is bad wait until I'm sick or pregnant then I will see a very extreme form of protectiveness. We are sitting in Orochamaru's class.
“Anna!” Mr. Orochamaru shouts. “Will you please pay attention?”
“Sorry,” I murmur. “Can I just go to the nurse's office? I don't feel well.”
“Sure,” he says softly, not approaching because he caught the look in my mates's eyes. “Gaara and Naraku, will you take her?”
We get up and I send a quick small smile to my other friends so they don't worry. We'll wait for them at the office for the funerals.
~Funeral~
We all are standing around the coffin. It's sobering to see Miroku not up and trying to grope someone. It's going to be sad without him being our comic relief and good friend.
“You stupid pervert,” cries Sango as Neji rubs her back.
“I'm sorry,” I say softly. “Kikyo was trying to get me. Maybe I should have just taken the hit.”
“NO,” yelps Naraku as he tears me away from Sango and hugs me tightly. Gaara's whimper reaches my ear. “Then it'd be you in that coffin. We would have gone insane and only death would have stopped us.”
Sango's eyes are slightly wide as she stares at us. There is a small hint of jealousy. I just tilt my head at her. I feel sorrow for killing her lover, but maybe Neji will heal her broken heart. I know that Kagome, Naruto, and Koga have gotten closer, and so have Rin, Shippo, and Sasuke. I have no idea how Sakura and Lee are doing seeing that they left with Kakashi to go home. That girl is almost as cruel as Kikyo and April were. The jealousy I felt roll off her before she left will consume and destroy her if she's not careful. My thoughts are interrupted as my mates nuzzle the marks on my neck exposed by my kimono. The weather is very cloudy as if the heavens itself mourns the loss of a good man. The minister drones on about Miroku and we all give brief speeches about him. It is a somber event. Sango is sobbing loudly, Rin sits in Shippo's lap with Sasuke rubbing her back, and I'm in Naraku's lap with my legs resting on Gaara's lap. Kagome is crying on Koga's shoulder with Naruto rubbing her back in comfort. We watch Miroku's body go into the earth. My eyes are again filling with tears. My quiet sobs soak Naraku's shoulder. The funeral is finally over and we head to the cabin. We're holding a big sleepover for everyone. Kaze, Sesshomaru, and Itachi will sleep in one room and the rest of us are sleeping in another. Sleeping, not having sex so get your mind out the gutter. There is a little awkwardness with Naruto, Neji, and Sasuke because they never been in such a situation. Itachi is laughing at their shyness. I remind his that he was just as shy and thought that sex was involved, and I never seen Sesshomaru turn such a lovely shade of pink before. Itachi and Sesshomaru blush at the reminder as Kaze, Naraku, Rin, and I laugh. There are slight smiles on Koga's and Shippo's lips for they know that in a pack situation everyone gets really close. The closeness is just showing the bonds of trust and love between everyone. We separate from the older men and bed down for the night. I cuddle really close to my mates as the others choose positions close by cuddling with their prospective mates. `I think Naraku, Gaara, and I have been good influences in their lives. Aw, well goodnight. *Snore*'