InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ The Pure of Heart ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay I'm updating again!! So my school is out, it has been since the end of May, but don't blame me for not updating!! There is this wonderful thing Mormons like to call EFY and youth conference so my life has been a living hell. Plus I am sick at the moment and the internet was down for a while. So enough of my excuses on with the story!
 
Disclaimer- If I owned either Inuyasha or Ouran do you think I would be writing fan fiction? If I owned them Kagome would leave Inuyasha and end up with Sesshomaru and Haruhi would end up with Tamaki!! So obviously I don't own.
 
PS - - - - - - - - - lines mean flashbacks ^.^
 
 
Dealing with Stress
 
 
 
Kagome wandered down the hallway rubbing her hand against the neck of her new uniform. Why Sesshomaru WHY? Why did you have to buy the girl's uniform! Quickly looking behind herself she sighed; at least there are no bodyguards this time.
 
Suddenly a large group of girls accosted her. She couldn't make out what they were saying all she could hear was “Haruhi” “you” and something about long walks on the beach. “Okay be quiet for a second!” Kagome suddenly shouted. The crowd silenced, “One at a time please!” A girl that she recognized from her class stepped forward, or was pushed forward by her peers Kagome couldn't tell.
 
“What were Haruhi and you doing these past few days? You were both `sick' at the same time!” the girl even did those air quotes to get her point across. There were shouts of agreement from the crowd.
 
“Wait what? I was with my patron Kurama-sama the whole time!” Kagome quickly said reverting to the story `Kurama-sama' had come up with. “Someone tried attacking his house and I got hit instead! Thus the new uniform the other one was damaged!” She inwardly smiled no one here would be able to see any fault in that story.
 
They did, however, or at least they wanted a scandal. They suddenly went back to attacking her verbally in most cases but there were some people who actually bit her! All we need is a camera and we got `Fan Girls Gone Wild' Kagome thought as the onslaught stopped abruptly. Coming up from her fetal position Kagome saw Haruhi standing there.
 
Suddenly running up to him, Kagome grabbed Haruhi's hands, quickly saying “Tell them where you were!! Make them believe me!!” Silence echoed through the hall.
 
“What?”
 
That was it. That was the only response she got. Taking a large breath Kagome repeated what she wanted, “Just tell them where you have been the past few days.”
 
“Oh I've been taking care of my father. He has been working himself hard lately and he caught a cold.” The once murderous crowd was now awing at Haruhi selflessness. They turned their attention to Haruhi completely ignoring Kagome.
 
Sighing in relief Kagome made her way to her classroom yet again, this time however she made it in the door without any trouble. She attempted to look someone decent, but after getting mauled by fan girls there isn't much you could do. After running fingers through her hair, she made her way to her seat.
 
People were whispering as she walked past, she glared at the people only to spark more whispering. Just what I want more gossips, she thought shaking her head slightly.
 
The Hittachin (AN- sorry if that is spelled wrong my internet is down so I couldn't check) twins ganged up on her. “Hey Higarashi-san,” they said in unison
 
“What do you two want?”
 
“Why would you think we want something,” Kaoru said
 
“We just wanted to welcome you back from your long absence,” Hikaru continued.
 
Kagome blinked in disbelief responding with a quick, “sure,” before trying to push her way around them to get to her seat. “We are curious to why you look like you just got ran over by a mob...” Kaoru said stopping just as Haruhi entered the room followed closely by Tamaki.
 
“Haruhi where has my lovely daughter been you had mother and I frightened,” Tamaki said trying to glomp his `daughter.' “Especially since that scary new girl was missing as well! You weren't with her and not invite Father right? Right?” Haruhi was ignoring the blonde host causing him to go into the corner of despair.
 
“There he goes again,” Hikaru says
 
Kagome made her way to the front of the room, “Since when have I been scary senpai?” She felt like she usually did when she was about to `sit' Inuyasha.
 
Cowering even more into his corner Tamaki sobbed into his hands, trying to make her feel sorry for him. Kagome stared at the mushroom growing blonde for a second then she turned around and started talking to Haruhi. “Sorry for leaving the mob to attack you,” she rubbed the back of her head.
 
Tamaki jumped up from his depression, “You are the reason Haruhi was attacked! How could you let my daughter be hurt,” finally being able to hug his daughter pushing her face deep into his chest.
 
“Fathers don't hug their daughters and or sons in your case like that,” Kagome looking straight into his eyes, “plus I was attacked first; Haruhi basically saved me without really knowing it. So your `daughter' was my knight in shining armor.”
 
Completely ignoring Kagome's first comment, his eyes went sparkly. He spun around Haruhi in his arms only managing to knock people down. “You might want to go to your classroom now, senpai, classes have started,” Kagome pointed at the teacher who was giving him a bad look.
 
Skipping off with his flowery self, Tamaki left the classroom. However, only after yelling to Haruhi, Kaoru, Hikaru, and Kagome that he would see them at club activities. Sighing Kagome and Haruhi made their way to their chairs.
 
 
During class, Kagome's brain wandered. She thought about her conversation with Sesshomaru, still not believing it actually happened.
-s-t-a-r-t- -f-l-a-s-h-b-a-c-k- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Kagome laughed, “Very funny Sesshomaru,” she rubbed a tear from her eye, “Seriously why?”
 
He gave her the `do I look like I'm joking look' not responding. They sat in that uncomfortable silence for a long moment.
 
“You're being serious aren't you?” with a slight nod of his head he confirmed the statement.
 
Kagome pinched her arm, looked around the room, then uttered a curse softly. “So you're being serious and I'm not dreaming,” another long silence. “Am I on candid camera?” The look on Sesshomaru's face was as impassive as usual. “I'll take that as a no, so do you have any ideas as to why this happened?”
 
“The best in which I could guess is that this is Inuyasha's way of saying he is sorry. He did not have any time to say he was sorry after the incident. He was sorry about that you know, yes he did tell me about it.”
 
There was yet again another silence, not as uncomfortable this time. Miroku with his impeccable timing came in just at that moment.
 
“I have that paperwork you needed however I couldn't find the environmental release form….” He looked up from the papers to see that Kurama-sama was in a meeting with some demoness. Noting he had not met her before he introduced himself, “Hello there, my name is Miroku would you like to bare me my children.
 
Inwardly laughing at Miroku, Kagome put on a `Sesshy face' as she had dubbed it. “Foolish mortal. Why would I want to associate myself with someone as weak as you, let alone bare your children? Especially, when I am in the presence of one of the strongest demons, Kurama-sama.” She lifted an eyebrow for effect.
 
Dumbfounded Miroku stood there for a moment, “I am sorry for the offense Lady?”
 
Kagome smirked evilly and said, “Kagome”
 
Miroku smiled and started to ramble a little, “That is truly a beautiful name. In fact, I have a friend named Kagome.” Realization hit Miroku like a hammer. “Kagome?”
 
She shed the `Sesshy face' and smiled, “ `allo there chap, `ave a nice day?” she said with a clearly fake British accent. She glanced back at Sesshomaru for a moment seeing a smile so small it was only a slight tilt on one side of his mouth. “WOW you can actually smile Sesshomaru? It must be the apocalypse.” Kagome looked around a little, “Funny I thought there would be more locusts.”
 
-E-n-d- -F-l-a-s-h-b-a-c-k- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“Miss. Higarashi!” the teacher was right in front of her desk.
 
“I didn't do it,” Kagome yelled in English. The class, not surprisingly, laughed at her humiliation. The teacher, who was the English teacher luckily, praised her for the pronunciation but scolded her for daydreaming.
 
The classes blurred together until it was finally lunch. Kagome wandered the hallway in search of a place away from everyone, especially away from the `host club' people. And then there is the Haruhi fan girls, wow wasn't that fun. Kagome chuckled softly to herself, only to run into someone.
 
She was face to face with a creepy cat puppet. She looked up to see who the owner of the puppet was. To her surprise she saw a person in a purple-black cloak. She bowed quickly, “Um, I'm sorry. I was distracted I didn't see you coming.”
 
The figure stayed silent, causing Kagome to freak out a little on the inside. “Um again I'm sorry,” she bowed again. With her bad luck of course when she started to walk off she accidentally stepped on the hem of the strange man's cloak, causing it to rip. The rip didn't seem major but the man acted as if she had ripped off his arm.
 
He let out a yell then fainted. Kagome partially from not knowing how to react and the other from shock just stared. She stood like this for about a minute when Haruhi started to walk up the hallway.
 
“Haruhi! Do you have any clue what is going on?” Kagome ran up to him.
 
“Oh, that is Nekozawa-sempai. He abhors light, thus the funny looking cloak.” Haruhi walked toward the unconscious figure, only to be stopped by what seemed to be his servants.
 
The maid quickly brought out a cloak exactly the same as the one Kagome had just ripped. Coming up with a way to apologize as she went a long, Kagome ran up to the maid bowing quickly. “I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to rip that cloak. I would apologize to him but he seems to be out like a light.”
 
The maid gave her a look that would almost compare to Fluffy's old glare, and it was only helped by her cat like eyes. “There is no reason to act like it was an accident, dog,” she spat out the last word like a bad taste in her mouth. The two servants quickly turned around and led Nekozawa-sempai down the hallway.
 
“What was that about?” Haruhi asked her.
 
“I have no idea,” she said still staring after them.
 
 
For the remainder or lunch Kagome avoided any fan girls that would attack her. As well as maids who were disgusted by her. All in all nothing the most eventful thing that happened after the mishap with Nekozawa-sempai, was that she realized that she hadn't brought a lunch. Luckily enough she had a little money on her so she bought what she could from vending machines (AN-I really doubt they have vending machines at Ouran but I would think they might……. maybe) hoping she could make it until the end of the day.
 
She sighed and made her way back to the classroom, only to arrive there with plenty of time to spare. Sighing yet again she sat at her desk and pulled out a poptart. When she started to munch on the sugar filled snack she noticed everyone was staring at her.
 
“Do I have something on my face?” she asked the class. Everyone followed the unwritten law and looked away quickly. Except, of course, the Hittachin twins.
 
“What is it that you are eating Kagome-chan?” the twins said simultaneously.
 
“You are kidding right?” Kagome looked at them skeptically.
 
When she got no response she sighed for the third time that day, maybe forth. “This,” she lifted up the poptart, “Is a poptart. I guess it kind-of is a pastry except it is not as good as a regular one. However, this package of two can usually keep you going at least for one class, which is exactly what I need right now.”
 
“Isn't that what lunch is for?” who she thought was Hikaru said.
 
“Yes, but seeing as I have no lunch with me at the moment, my little bag of snacks is going to have to keep me going,” Kagome waved dismissively toward her bag where she had stored all of the snacks.
 
In a flash the twins were looking around at the small collection of sweets followed closely by the rest of the class. There goes my lunch I guess. Kagome rested her hand against her head looking away at the crowd gathering around her bag, and continued eating her poptart.
 
 
Sorry for a long wait for a chapter……….. again. I would like to dedicate this chapter to all of you who are reading this on mediaminer. Because I forgot I was putting this story on both fanfiction and mediaminer, I just updated on fanfiction. So all of you who are on mediaminer only got chapter 7 earlier today…….. or yesterday I'm not sure at the moment, my computer clock is messed up. So please forgive me *gets on knees and bows deeply.*
 
PLEASE REVIEW!!! ^.^