InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ The Pure of Heart ❯ Through the Door ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

YAY I'm updating again and so fast compared to my last update….. maybe it is the chocolate Jamocha, or Pockys I'm eating. So I know it was evil to leave you all at the door but you have to admit it was a good place to end >.< So on to the next chapter.
 
Disclaimer- I do not own OHSHC, Inuyasha, or anything that seems like you've seen before not on this fan fiction but I do have these…..crap I just ate all my Pockys! T.T
 
PS guess what? You are all going to find out who Kurama-sama is! No cliffies….. well maybe but not about this!
 
PPS People are really out of character I know but think about it 500 years! How much do you change in just 2 years? I rest my case! ^_^
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
Through the door
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Kagome stood outside the mahogany door taking deep breathe. How scary is this Kurama-sama? He's probably harmless don't worry Kagome. She turned the doorknob and pushed the door open causing it to creak.
 
Inside the room was brightly lit much to Kagome's surprise. It looked like any other study. The walls were covered with bookcases; on the desk…… it finally hit her she was in Kurama-sama's office she looked at the chair behind the desk. In that seat sat Kurama-sama.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Shippo was so anxious he started to pace back and forth until Miroku stopped him. “Kagome will be fine Shippo. Kurama-sama will not harm her. He wouldn't have gone through all that trouble to get her into that school if he did neh?”
 
That made him feel slightly better but something was still gnawing at his stomach. “But how is going to explain everything to her? I can barely believe it and I was there for it all! It's just so complicated. It may devastate her!”
 
“Kagome is a strong girl,” Kouga said calmly, “I think it will take more than this to break her.”
 
Shippo just continued to pace back and forth and neither Miroku nor Kouga wanted to stop him. `At this point nothing is going to make him calm down except for asking Kagome herself' was what they were both thinking at the time.
 
So both of them just relaxed and watched Shippo pace, waiting for Kagome to come out of Sesshomaru's office.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Kagome was shocked to say the least. “You're alive?” was all she could sputter out. There sitting at the desk was Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's half-brother.
 
“Of course, am I not sitting here right now?” Sesshomaru said. Kagome gaped for a while until he interrupted her. “Would you like to take a seat?” he said referring to the soft leather chair in front of his desk. She nodded and quietly sat down, the shock yet gone.
 
A few awkward minutes later Kagome finally got the courage to ask a question. “Uh so where is Inuyasha? I mean if you made it Inuyasha probably did too right?”
 
Sesshomaru gave her a look and responded with his stoic voice, “No I am afraid Inuyasha is not currently with the land of the living.” That put Kagome into shock until Sesshomaru continued talking. “I believe it was right after the battle with Naraku.”
 
Kagome interrupted him, “Wait Naraku is dead?”
 
“Did I not say that already? As I was saying I believe Inuyasha got pulled down into hell with Kikyo hours after the battle. You can now make your response.” Kagome wondered how he could say all this with such a straight face.
 
It must have taken him forever to learn to keep it so…. what's the word I'm looking for……. ah, yes pitiless.
 
She decided to ask the questions that she needed to ask. “Why are you doing all of this Sesshomaru? You did not like me in the past; in fact you tried to kill me. Why are you trying to help me? You could have lived your entire life without me in it at all!”
 
Sesshomaru sat there for a moment as if to contemplate what to say next. At last it seemed he came to a conclusion. “It was his final request.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Kagome blinked, “whose request?”
 
“Inuyasha's,' his stony face replied. “We had teamed up for the final battle, with everyone else as well who had been wronged by him. After he had made his decision to follow Kikyo down to hell he pulled me aside telling Kikyo he needed to `tie up some loose ends with his brother.'”
 
“Even knowing she didn't have demonic hearing Inuyasha lead me far into the forest. He said `Sesshomaru I have to tell you something important that you can tell no one else.' I agreed. `You know that other miko that traveled with me a while ago?' I did in fact remember you so I merely nodded. `She is from the future. She was born 500 years into the future, and I need to ask you a favor.'
 
“At this point I was intrigued Inuyasha would never ask for a favor even if he was in dire trouble. So I nodded my head to get him to continue. `I want to you to make sure she is well taken care of in the future. This battle was not really hers to fight. She may have broken the jewel but it was Kikyo and I did, that was what brought her here in the first place.'”
 
At this point Kagome was bawling her eyes out. He really did care for me. Her face started to go blotchy. He may have treated me as a weak girl but he really cared for me. Sesshomaru silently handed her a handkerchief, and continued his story.
 
“He then told me how while helping him collect the shards, you had given up much. You were away from your family for weeks at a time, you and your friends grew farther and farther apart, and you would miss your school. I was stunned who knew my Inuyasha put so much thought into things?”
 
“I agreed, thinking of it as my one brotherly deed. To make amends in a way, if not just to honor my father's memory. We headed back to camp shortly after that not ever again talking about it. I collected Jaken, Rin, and AhUhn (sp?) and never saw Inuyasha again.”
 
The two of them sat there in silence while Kagome wept for her friend's death. After a short while she brushed the last of the tears from her eyes, and looked back at Sesshomaru. “What happened to the Shikon Jewel?”
 
Sesshomaru stood up and reached for a box on one of his shelves. He sat back down on his giant, black leather chair and handed her the box. Silently she opened the box. Inside, the jewel glowed a slight grayish, pink color.
 
“The dead priestess attempted to purify it, but seems as she was living only of dead souls and a part of your own that is all she could do.” Kagome slowly reached the front of her uniform and pulled out the small glass bottle filled with bright pink shards.
 
She reached down to pick up the jewel and the second it touched her finger tips the jewel lit up with light. After a few seconds the light dimmed and the jewel was a dazzling florescent pink. She took the shards out of the bottle and melded it with the other part.
 
The room lit up with light and suddenly Kagome felt lighter than air.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
So? What do you think? Are you happy? Do you hate who I put as Kurama-sama? Because that is who he was going to be the entire time. It was the one thing I actually had from the beginning set out. So anyway half-way through this my sugar high died on me so I am half-asleep. So maybe you should review saying how much you love this fan fiction, or even how you hate it. I don't care but just so you know you hate on me I hate on you back ^_^ I COMMAND YOU TO REVIEW!!!!!