InuYasha Fan Fiction / Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Can't Bring Me Down ❯ Can't Bring Me Down ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Herro! Tis Lingling here! I hope you like this little one-shot. Just to tell you, I’m going to take a brief break from my other story ‘Male of Female’. Too much going on right now. Stupid teachers assigning goddamn projects and test… Grrr… Well I hope you like this! Please review!!!

Lingling

*~*

Eiji gulped. They were training now… Don’t get him wrong… He does love practicing tennis but, with Inui’s new creation… He shuddered. The sloshing purple, nearly black liquid had made him want to retch. ‘I can’t lose this! If I do then I’m going to be out like a light for the whole afternoon!’ He thought to himself.

There were three pylons. Each with a different colored tape on the middle of it. Red, blue, and yellow. Eiji grinned like a Cheshire cat. He ain’t gonna drink that. Even if he does have five weights on him. Inui started to hit the balls at him. “Red!” It hit the red pylon. “Blue, yellow, yellow, red, blue, blue, red, yellow, blue, red , red, blue-” When he hit the ball back, someone flipped in the way and sliced it back at Eiji.

“Ne ne, Eiji-chan! That’s a yellow ball isn’t it?” The ball had bounced in front of Eiji and stopped. What do you know… It was a yellow ball. Eiji turned to the girl. She had long black hair, blue eyes, and pale skin that held a bit of an unhealthy tone to it. The girl dropped the racket and bombarded him with a jump hug.

“I missed you Eiji!!! You haven’t visited me in a month!” The girl exclaimed. Eiji looked at her face. He nearly dropped the girl. “Kagome?” He said in a confused tone. The girl known as, Kagome, nodded. “What are you doing here?” Kagome put her hands to her hips once Eiji placed her down.

“I don’t want to answer that… And what about you? What are YOU doing HERE?” Kagome asked. Eiji sighed. “This is the tennis club Kagome…” He looked back at Kagome just to find her gone. He turned around to see Kagome running onto the courts. “Sugoi! These courts are so HUGE!!!” Kagome giggled. She twirled around.

“I miss the tennis courts…” Kagome said while sighing. Eiji took her wrist. “Kagome… You need to go back…” Eiji said in a serious tone. Kagome frowned. “Well you gotta get better in tennis!” Kagome said. She got out of Eiji’s grip and appeared in front of Inui.

She took a look inside the cup he was holding. “Whoa… Isn’t that lethal?” Kagome asked. Eiji was about to grab her again, when Kagome stole the cup from Inui. “Here you go Eiji!” Kagome said as she shoved the cup to Eiji’s lips and poured it in his mouth.

The rest of the regulars prayed for Eiji, that he would survive Inui’s new creation. There was a suspenseful silence and then…

“Oh dear Kami!!! What the hell is in that!!!” Was all he could say before running to the fountains. Kagome just stood there, laughing her ass off. “That has GOT to be illegal!” Kagome said as she clutched her stomach. It hurt from laughing too much.

Kagome looked at the other cup of Inui juice in his hand. “What is in that?” She dipped her finger in it and licked it. “Holy… What the hell is in that?” Kagome said as she stuck her tongue out. “Now I feel sorry for Eiji-chan…” Kagome said.

“Who are you?” Oishi asked. Kagome turned to him. “Well you don’t know me but I know you!” Kagome said. The rest looked confused. Kagome giggled a little. “Ryoma Echizen, Kunimitsu Tezuka, Shuichiro Oishi, Shusuke Fuji, Takashi Kawamura, Sadaharu Inui, Takeshi Momoshiro, and Kaoru Kaidoh… Ne?” Kagome named them all.

Kagome laughed at their semi-shocked expressions. “Well, it’s only fair that you know me too… Watashi wa Higurashi Kagome! But just call me Kago-chan.” Kagome giggled again. “I haven’t been to a tennis court this big for a loooooooong time…” Kagome laughed. She stole a ball from Fuji’s hand.

She threw it up into the air and hit it in the general direction of the fountains. They was a loud thunk and a moan of pain produced by Eiji. “Lucky!!!” Kagome said while laughing. “How do you know us and how do you know Eiji-senpai?” Ryoma asked. Kagome put her index finger on her chin to make it look like she was thinking.

“Well… I know you from Eiji… And Eiji…” She gave them a devilish smirk. “I’m his lover…” The others felt their jaws drop to the ground. She laughed at their expression.

Then Eiji came walking in. He looked like he hadn’t slept in ages. Kagome giggled and jumped into his arms. He caught her. “Just kidding!” Kagome said as she kissed Eiji on the cheek. Eiji just frowned. “Uh… I need to talk to Kagome for a minute. I’ll be back soon.” Kagome pouted. “But I like talking to your friends.” She whined. Eiji rolled his eyes.

They both walked until they were at the furthest ends of school property. This are was shaded by trees behind them. Eiji set Kagome down on the grass. She laid there, enjoying the feeling of the cool grass around her. Eiji sat down next to her. “Kago-chan, why are you here?” Eiji said. He didn’t have that usual grin on his face. He was serious. Kagome frowned. “You look better when you smile… You know that?” Kagome poked his cheek.

“You didn’t answer my question…” Kagome sighed. She looked up to the sky. It was a beautiful day. “You know what Eiji? I’m scared… When I said nothing can bring me down… I didn’t really think it would come to this.” Kagome said. Here eyes were blank right now. Eiji’s expression softened.

He laid beside her. “I’m getting weaker and weaker everyday now… The doctor said that it’s spreading rapidly… Their going to have to operate soon.” Eiji held her hand. “You’ll make it Kagome… But aren’t you suppose to be resting right now? In the hospital?” Kagome laughed slightly. “Do you really think that they could keep me cooped up in a small little room? I snuck out.”

Eiji chuckled. He felt her hand tighten the grip on his. “I’m really scared Eiji… What if I don’t make it? What if I can never see you again?” Kagome said. She could feel the tears fall from her eyes. Eiji rolled to his side so he was facing Kagome. “Don’t say that… I know you’ll fight it off.” Kagome turned to him. “But what if… What if I just can’t? This isn’t for me to decide if I live or not… I mean… This is cancer!” Kagome said. Eiji wrapped his arms around Kagome. “You’ll make it through… I know you will.” Eiji said. Kagme cried into his shirt.

“They want to operate on Friday… That’s just three days away.” Kagome said. Eiji stroked her hair. “I’ll come by. I’ll wait for you to come out. The first thing you’ll see when you wake up is me.” Eiji said. Kagome smiled. “I love you Eiji… Aishiteru” Kagome said. Eiji smiled softly. “Aishiteru Kagome…”

Eiji swooped down for a kiss. Kagome just returned it. They held each other for a few more minutes, savoring the silence. “I need to go now Eiji.” Kagme said as she got up. She smiled at him. She smiled her brightest smile ever. Eiji gladly returned it. “I’ll see you on Friday…” Eiji said. Kagome pecked his cheek and walked back to the direction of the hospital. Eiji smiled. She could fight anything off. She turned around one last time. “Can’t bring me down Eiji! Nothing can bring me down!” Kagome shouted. Eiji just laughed.

*~* Tennis courts *~*

Eiji made it back to the tennis courts. The rest looked at him. “Where’s Kagome?” Momo asked. “She left. Went back home.” Eiji said simply. “How do you know Kagome?” Oishi asked. He gave him a devilish look. Just like Kagome’s. “She’s my lover.” He said simply. But unlike Kagome, he didn’t say he was joking. He just laughed and walked away to practice.

*~* Friday *~*

Eiji waited in front of the operating room. Three hours had already passed since Kagome went in there. Then the door opened. The doctor came out. “How’s my daughter?” Asked Mrs. Higurashi. The doctor smiled. “She’s fine. She did lose quite a bit of blood though. The cancer had been successfully removed from her lungs. Eiji sighed. She was going to be fine. He smiled. She was right. Nothing could bring her down.

*~*

And there you have it folks… Hope you enjoyed this cheesy little one-shot. Next time I’ll do a Momo/Kagome, kay?

Lingling