InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ War of the Three Worlds ❯ Chapter 2 of Day1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha, Ranma and Yuu Yuu Hakusho don't belong to me.

Authors Note: I'm posting this story in the hopes that once it's out of my system I'll be able to continue K: TJC.

Kagome - 20

Ranma - 18

Yusuke - 15

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The desperate fear, the adrenalin, and the anguish that she wasn't going to make it in time forced it to react.

'It' was the Shikon no Tama, the concentrated soul and power of the great priestess Midoriko.

Feeling these emotions from its protector, the Shikon Jewel, as it had done in the past in times of danger to its host, spread its power through her. But upon sensing the threat was human it did a complete 180. Instead of empowering Kagome's inherent Miko powers, it awoke the minute traces of Inuyasha's blood, altering it to fit her DNA and brought it to the surface, changing Kagome forever.

All this was done in a split second.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The scream distracted Shampoo from her task of ridding the earth of the demon possessed child and she turned her head in time to see the woman lunging at her. That was a big mistake, because it might be her last.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl, making the next three seconds the longest in her life. The woman had lunged and as her legs opened into a large stride to gain power and momentum for her desperate jump, her brown eyes flared the colour of blood and her pupils grew into vertical slits. From the trimmed nails on her thrust out hands grew long, wicked looking claws; her open mouth revealed enlarged fang-like canines. And to top it all off, literally, large, black dog ears erupted from her newly broadened skull before immediately flattening against her head making sure her full maternal fury was known.

Far too late Shampoo remembered that the most dangerous thing in the world was a parent protecting their offspring.

Time suddenly resumed its normal pace and Shampoo screamed as the demon slammed into her and she felt fangs and claws rip into the tender flesh of her body and inhumanly powerful blows raining upon her ribs and face.

"AAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" She wailed as a clawed hand covered in her blood came down for the slash across her throat that would kill her.

The weight that had been pinning her was abruptly removed and she felt her half-conscious body swept up into the strong arms of her airen. With the last of her strength she saw another demon holding the enraged and howling-for-blood mother in a full nelson.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ranma was a very unhappy teenage world class martial artist as he jumped from roof to roof at his full speed in his effort to get to the hospital 10 blocks away from the Higurashi shrine.

This one time, the Kami took pity on the Jusenkyo cursed martial artists; withholding the cold water that usually soaked them at the most inopportune times until Shampoo was at the hospital.

As he ran, Ranma knew he couldn't tell them what had really happened; but he also knew that, unlike his father, he couldn't lie to save his life. He was sure Nabiki could think of something on the spot, however he wasn't as adept as she was at telling half truths and omitting details, which was exactly what he needed to do right now during his dash to immediate medical attention for Shampoo.

As he ran, Ranma could feel her lifeblood flowing from the numerous and deep lacerations that she gained from her own foolishness in attacking Kagome's only child; but the real surprise of that incident was Kagome's unexpected transformation from human to . . . well he wasn't sure if she was yokai or hanyou, but he was sure of one thing . . . his cousin had just got a hell of a lot more powerful!

Seeing the hospital rapidly approaching, Ranma slowed down just enough for him to jump to the sidewalk and land without jarring his unconscious passenger too badly.

The motion sensors on the automated sliding doors opened as soon as he landed, as if sensing his urgency. Without breaking his stride, Ranma blew through them into an atmosphere sterilized with ammonia and disinfectant in the effort to cover up the smell of illness and death.

Patients who had been waiting for even hours before his arrival screamed in shock as he passed, none objecting to the sudden cut in line as the severity of Shampoo's injuries were burned into their minds.

"I need a doctor! NOW!" He hollered to the on-duty nurse behind the reception desk.

The bored nurse who had been filing her nails looked up sharply and was about to berate the young man for yelling when she saw all the blood covering Ranma and Shampoo. Panicked, she slapped the button on the desk that summoned the Emergency Trauma Team when something like this came in. Ten seconds later they ran in with a stretcher and Ranma laid her on it while shaking his head in negation to the 'Are you hurt?' look the trauma doctor shot him as they wheeled Shampoo into the operating room calling out instructions all the way down the hall.

"Put pressure on those subclavian arteries!"

"We've got a torn iliac artery here!"

"There's massive internal haemorrhaging doctor! The abdominal aorta is punctured!"

With each diagnosis, Ranma felt his heart sink even further into his stomach. He may not have understood the actual terms, but he knew it wasn't looking good for Shampoo.

"Sir? I need to know what happened to your friend there . . . "

So deep in his mental conflict and anguish he didn't notice the nurse creep up to him, so when she spoke the question he was so startled he blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"A demon attacked her."

Sighing, the nurse rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"I thought stuff like this only happened in Nerima . . . "

Ranma shut his mouth and kept it shut as the stressed, tight-lipped nurse walked back to the desk and pulled out a form labeled 'Nerima'.

"I'll need you to fill this out sir . . . "

"Oi! I'm not related in any way to her! I was gonna' call her great-grandmother."

Meryl-chan: You'll find out why Shampoo was about to do it in a later chapter, and Ranma's not living with his cousin Yusuke, he took the 'Mallet express'. Nor is he living with Kagome, again he's just visiting. Thanks for reviewing!

PurpleMoon3: Well, why shouldn't Shippo be a lord? And no, the woman he's admiring isn't Ranma-chan, it's my OC and you'll meet her in a later chapter. Thanks for reviewing!

a: Thanks for giving it a chance at least.

RaZiel1: I know the chapters are short to you, but each chapter is two pages of work for me! So if you'd rather have long chapters and several months between updates ... Thanks for reviewing!

WaMat DeBly: Actually I'm several chapters ahead of what I've posted, but that's just to make sure that when I hit writers block I'll still have something to post. Thanks for reviewing!