InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends: The Covered Bridge ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Misuteri: Ok I finally talked Icey into writing chapter two, it only took me all nite. Ok so last time it was a cliffhanger, right? Thanks to Icey, of course. Well now this chapter is from Liluye's POV. And yes the story of the creepy bridge will be told so keep your socks on.
IcedFireRose: *grumbles* my readers know I only update twice a week….if that. This whole business of updating on a regular basis is just crazy talk. Hope you're enjoying the fic and we'll see if my pal, Misuteri, is up to the challenge of being at the helm. Read, review and I promise to update my other stories this week.
Misuteri: Well my readers know (though I don't have many) that I update as much as possible, just cause it will be a while before anything new comes out. And yes captain, I am prepared to take the helm.
IcedFireRose:*shakes her head and walks away* saying “Oh my god”.
 
 
Disclaimer: Neither Misuteri nor I own Urban Legends, YuYu Hakusho, The Alph Alphas, Inuyasha, TRL, or The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland (also not ours!), so no suing, flaming or maiming! (If we receive any flames, they will be used to light the ovens that make our evil pocky [which will be sent to the flamers!]) Now that that's out of the way…..
 
[ Sitara's POV]
 
I suddenly remembered sitting around the bonfire with all the other sorority candidates, being put through the first round of the “trials for initiation”. This meant that were listening to stories of the gore of this area's past, but especially the story of the covered bridge.
Britney's right-hand girl, another snob named Rebecca Norsen, complete with flashlight under her chin. “Fifty years ago, a group of nine students were walking in the woods to find specimens for their science class. The group had gathered most of their required objects, but still hadn't found any rosemary and none could be seen anywhere around them. It was then that they decided to steer off of the well-worn path and into the underbrush. They all traveled close together, so as not to lose anyone, but this did not stop the girls from repeatedly pointing out the fact that they were lost and of the impending sunset. It was dusk when they came upon an old, decaying covered bridge, long since abandoned. The girls were relieved, as the bridge was built over the creek that ran into the campus, and so reasoned that they couldn't be too far from campus. Then, one of the students, a young man named Edward Windsor noticed the rosemary that they had all been looking for. The only problem was that it was growing in a small corner of the bridge. After a few minutes of childish dares and a little bit of worrying, seven of the nine students headed to get the rosemary, leaving Eddie Windsor and a girl named Samantha Parker waiting for them. The group walked slowly towards it, keeping an eye on their surroundings, and had gotten about five feet from the herb when a small orb appeared in front of them. As they watched, suspended between terror and curiosity, the orb expanded. Eddie and Samantha, who could not see the orb, were yelling at them to hurry up so they could go back, and as he began to call a third time, when a flash of light engulfed the interior of the bridge and the sounds of the woods were overrun by a loud pop and screams. When the pair outside the bridge regained their night vision, they saw, to their horror that every one of their classmates had disappeared into thin air. Not knowing what else to do, Eddie grabbed Samantha's arm and ran. No one who has ever gone into that bridge since has ever been seen again. Eddie and Samantha never fully recovered from their trauma; Edward has never spoken of the incident and is deathly afraid of bridges and Samantha, who lost her twin sister in the bridge incident, was committed to an asylum three years later.”
Now thoroughly weirded-out by my own memory of the legend, I looked at Liluye and tried to put on a brave face, for her sake.
 
[Liluye's POV]
 
Sitara gave me a reassuring glance and we moved forward towards my doom. We were now standing right front of the decrepit old mass of rotten wood.
“I can't believe we have to do this. It's all that stupid Britney's fault. Remind me when we get back to put rotten fish in her bed and dead mice in her shower.” I said with a menacing chuckle.
“You are so not right.”
“Let's just get this over with. It's getting darker and freaky things come out of the dark.” I said with pathetically fake courage. It was autumn and not only that but October to boot. For some reason scary things are scarier at this time of year. The old bridge was as scary as things could get.
“Remind me one more time, why are we doing this?” I managed to get out as my as my mind and body battled for control (run, stay, run, stay, RUN!!!!).
“Please don't tell me you've forgotten what `the pom-pom princess' said already?”
 
^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^ ~^~^~^
Flashback
 
We stood in line with several other girls, waiting for our initiation assignments. Out of the door ahead of us, walked a blond, blue eyed, stereotypical cheerleader with a tan, of course this could only be Britney Worthington. The most popular girl on campus, she had it all: cars, money, and the hottest guys. She was also of course president of Alph Alphas. It was her who chose of who got in and how they did it. We hated her and the feeling was all too mutual. We knew she would pick the most horrible task for me and Sitara, especially after the incident where Sitara tripped me and I accidentally spilled spaghetti with marinara sauce all over Britney's brand-new Donna Karen silk blouse. Our fears took shape as Britney stopped in front of the both of us and curtly said, “You two, step forward,”
 
I gulped, feeling my stomach hit rock bottom as Sitara and I did as we were told. Britney moved to confer with her cohorts, and then returned to the two of us, grinning like the Cheshire cat. “You two will have to go on a little mission for me, I always wanted a picture of that TRL worthy herb stuff that grows in that groddy old bridge. Bring me the picture and I'll consider letting you two join the Alph Alphas. Now get going.” She was giggling through her words which irritated me but the fact that we had to go the bridge where people disappear, fre-kay.
 
End Flashback
^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^ ~^~^~^
 
Sitara pulled out her trusty digital camera with a rose and flames painted on it, she never goes anywhere with out it. I began to feel a mischievous and wanting a little revenge for the chicken jokes I snuck up behind her and said boo. Of course being the graceful dancer she always is, she jumped and tripped over a rock sending her sprawling to the floor of the bridge. I didn't realize she was that close to the bridge, she stood up and began to brush her self off not paying any attention to where she was or what was happening around her.
 
“Um Sit…SSSS…. SIta..Sitara….lo. loo….looooook” I said shaking as I watched in horror as an orb began to grow behind her.
 
“What” Sitara ask as she looked up at me. All I could do was feebly point and make whimpering noises at the orb that was now very close behind my best friend. She turned and immediately got in her signature defense pose, one leg in the air ready to kick anything close by but she couldn't move from the terror she was now feeling. The orb then flew at Sitara, I jumped towards her to push her out of the way but it was too late and we both got hit by the psycho ball.
 
 
And that's the last thing I remember.”