InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wish I May ❯ Just Who Do You Think You ARE?! ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY!!!! My classes have started up again and I found a new book author that I am just in love with (anyone read any Susan Krinard books? Shes awesome) and I just forgot about this. I know this chapter is kind of crappy, suggestions and criticism welcome. New chapter coming soon! It will b better than this, I promise!!

Was that last chapter OK? I had some trouble getting it all out!

FluffyLady- funny you should mention that, I've been looking for a way to bring him in... I LOVE Sesshoumaru. Ah, Kurama and Sesshoumaru in one fic? can one fic handle that? haha.

Thanks to all others who reviewed! You guys keep this story going!

Chapter 5


Kagome made her way toward the WacDonald’s after admitting to Kai that he was most likely correct, a brief meditation, and a promise to return tomorrow with Shippo. She laughed at the monk, she could see a playful shine in his eyes sometimes, and expected that once he got used to “The Legendary Miko” being near him it would start to show.

“Kagome!” Keiko shouted her name. Her feet had taken her to WacDonald’s without her even realizing it.

“Keiko.” She greeted the girl, smiling.

“Kagome, I hope its okay, I brought my boyfriend Yusuke, and his two friends you saw the other day, Suichi and Kuwabara.” Keiko introduced them again.

“That’s fine, it will be good to actually talk to them, I am sure they are great, Keiko if they are friends with you.” Keiko shook her head at the comment.

“I’m afraid that Suichi is the only ‘geat’ one, I don’t know how much hope there is for Yusuke and Kuwabara!” She sighed in exhasperation, glaring pointedly, mostly at Yusuke.

“Hey, whaddya mean by that?!”

“I mean you have to start going to school and staying there the whole day!”

“Feh.”

They looked at Kagome as she started laughing. The poor girl was trying to hold it in, but it built up and escaped in a sputtering laugh.

“I’m sorry, you two just remind me of myself and someone I used to know.” She frowned, thinking of the hanyou, but shook the memory and smiled at them again.

“Anyways, my point was, he needs to follow Suichi here’s example and get good marks in school. So he can get a better job some day.”

“Ain’t that the truth.” Yusuke grumbled from the corner of the booth.

“You may call me Kurama.” It was the first time she had heard the redhead speak, and her attention was fully riveted to him. Something about his voice was so captivating to her.

‘Yeah, well, same with every other beautiful youkai back in Sengoku Jidai.’ She thought to herself and shook off her sudden fascination of him.

“A nickname?”

“Another name.”

Kagome arched her eyebrow at him and looked to Keiko, who seemed somewhat
surprised with Kurama. Yusuke was eyeballing his red-headed friend suspiciously.

“What do you know that we don’t?” He asked Kurama.

“Where is your mischievous kit tonight, Kagome?” Kurama asked her, ignoring Yusuke.

“Oh, I left Shippo at home with momm...” her voice trailed off as she realized exactly what he had asked her.

“I believe that Keiko’s friend here and her adopted son are who you are looking for, Yusuke.”

“What?! No one is taking Kagome or Shippo anywhere. I finally find a girl to hang out with and you want to cart her off to Koenma. No.” Keiko glared daggers at Yusuke and crossed her arms with a huff.

“Keiko, come on. I gotta do my job.”

“Um, can someone let me know what’s going on here?” A very confused Kagome cautiously piped up.

“You have an unauthorized youkai and your miko powers have not been brought to Koenma’s attention yet.” Kurama summarized for her.

“What?”

“Shippo, he’s a youkai. You are a miko.”

“Hai.” Kagome agreed.

“Koenma doesn’t know about either of you.”

“Who’s Koenma?”

The spirit detectives glanced at each other quickly.

“Whaddya mean, who’s Koenma? You’ve got a youkai with you, you gotta know about Reikai.” Yusuke accused.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about. I-”

“How about we move to a more private place to continue this... discussion” Kurama suggested, notice the looks that were coming their way due to their raised voices.

The group moved their “discussion” to Yusuke’s apartment.

“Look, can I at least go talk to Kai first, I need to figure all this stuff out, I promised to be there tomorrow morning with Shippo.”

“Who’s Kai?” Yusuke demanded.

“Be nice!” Keiko rammed her elbow into his stomach.

“A friend. He’s going to help me with Shippo.”

“Help you?” Kurama asked

“Hai. Shippo is a bit... hyper.”

“He’s a kitsune. That’s how they are.” A new voice joined the group.

“Gah! Stop doing that, shorty!” Yusuke shouted.

Kurama glared at the short, dark haired demon that had seemed to appear in their midst, gold appearing to fleck the green of his eyes.

‘I’m not hyper, I grow bored easily.’ Youko retorted.

‘Hn.’

"This is Hiei." Keiko introduced the new youkai.

"What's going on?" Kagome demanded.

"How do you know about youkai?" Kurama beat Yusuke to the question.

"I met a few a few years back."

Yusuke looked at Kurama.

"We have to take her to see Koenma at least." Yusuke said.

'He can't have her.' Youko growled.

'Possessive?' The shorter demon chided his kitsune friend.

'She's ours. He can't take her from us.'

'Does she know this yet?'

'She will.' The kitsune mentally turned his attention from Hiei.

"Look, I appreciate your... um... concern, but I have no idea what you are talking about." Kagome stood up and nervously smoothed out her skirt. She looked at her friend. "I will call you tomorrow Kieko. I need to go talk to Kai and I will be in touch later." She spun on her heel and left for home.

Keiko turned angrily to face Yusuke.

"What is wrong with you?! I have ONE friend, is that too much for you to handle? You want to go cart her off to Koenma now!" Keiko let out a loud "Hmmph!" and also spun to leave.

The four men all stared at the door, the angry women's departure still fresh in their minds.

'Yum.' Youko thought to himself.