InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wish I May ❯ Refreshed ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Yes, I know, super-long hiatus. I promise to keep updating, no more college!!
Chapter 12
Kurama had left hours ago but Kagome couldn't quite get herself to sleep. This was her first night since she had returned home that she didn't have Shippo curled against her. She inwardly hoped that Sesshomaru would send him back soon. The kit needed the training, but she missed the hyperactive child. The thought occurred to her that her mother must have felt something similar each time she disappeared into the well, only her mother didn't know that she would be coming back.
Now filled with guilt she gave up on sleeping and tiptoed her way downstairs, careful not to wake anyone up. She went to the kitchen and extracted a box of cookies from the cabinet. As she ate she reflected on all of the changes that occurred over the span of just a few days. A whole new world at home had opened up to her, she wasn't a lone miko in a dull, magic-less ningen society. She was once again a miko amongst youkai, a wonderful, vast world beyond the superficial human town and boring everyday life. She smiled to herself as she ate another cookie, savoring the chocolatey goodness and she smiled.
She felt truly positive for the first time since her return. She had been grieving, grateful, exhausted, frustrated and so many more emotions than she thought possible, but now she felt a true lightening of her spirit. With the feeling, her power seemed to ease within her, resting serenely about her frame. It was a wonderful feeling.
_______________________
She was awakened by her mother the next morning, when she came downstairs to prepare breakfast. Kagome's head flew up, scattering cookies across the table.
“Kagome, are you alright?” Her mother asked, concern in her voice for her daughter, who had seemed so weighted down lately.
“Hai, okaa-san. Actually, I feel wonderful.” Kagome stated happily, a smile spreading across her lips that reached up and sparkled in her eyes. Then she winced. “Well, except for my sore neck from falling asleep at the table!”
Her mother laughed at her. “Oh, I am glad to hear you are feeling better, you've been through a lot and have pulled through so well and shouldered your burden admirably. It is a hard thing to do, to go through what you have and still smile.”
“You have to smile, mama. Eventually things get better.”
“Yes they do.” Kagome's mother smiled upon her not-so-young anymore daughter.
“I do miss Shippo though.” Kagome frowned. “I hope Sesshoumaru sends him back soon.”
“You'll learn to enjoy your quiet time soon enough.” Kagome's mom said, laughing.
Kagome shook her head as she popped another cookie into her mouth before rising to get ready for another day.
A/N: I know it was short, but I wanted to get something out to get myself going again!!
Hopefully it wasnt too boring. I read through the thing again and Kagome needed a chapter for herself to start feeling better. Next chapter she gets to share the good feelings! :-)