InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou's Thoughts ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before:
 
Kanna looked up at the hanyou and said, “What would you have us do, Master Naraku?”
 
Now:
 
“Nothing,” the hanyou Naraku said. “We must wait until the time is right. I do not want to…surprise…them to much. Half the fun will be for them to know that we are going to attack. The other half? It shall be in not knowing when or where.”
 
“Yes, Master,” Kanna said, looking back ahead again.
 
“Naraku,” came the voice of Kagura. “What are you up to? Just attack and get it over with, they'll be dead in no time if…” suddenly she had a horrible pain in her chest, right where her heart would have been.
 
“Are you questioning me?” asked Naraku, smiling at the look of pain on Kagura's face. “It is not up to you to decide what I do. You came from my flesh and I can turn you back if I must.” He released Kagura and walked out of the room.
 
“Kagura?” Kanna asked, slowly walking over to the fallen women. “Master Naraku wants us to…”
 
“I know what he wants us to do, Kanna.” She said, her voice sore. “Nothing. Just sit here and wait.”
 
Kanna watched the women as she got up and rubbed her chest. “No,” she said finally. “He wants us to go and spy on them.”
 
Kagura eyed Kanna. Though she looked like a child, she wasn't. Well, at least her mind wasn't. She was smart, smarted than Kagura and she knew it. She also was able to converse with Naraku through their minds.
 
“Why spy on them?” Kagura asked her. “If they see us they'll know something's up and want to fight, which is a wasn't of my time.”
 
Kanna shook her head slowly. “That is what Naraku wants, though he does not want us to fight. He wants us to be seen so that they will know we are about to attack.”
 
Kagura, surprised at how much she had spoken in the last few minutes, said, “Fine, but don't blame me if we get killed.”
 
Kanna just nodded slowly and walked from the room as well. Kagura watched her go, wondering what she was going to do. If she refused to go because she thought it was a stupid idea, Naraku would kill her. But if she went, there was the chance that she would be killed by that damned hanyou Inuyasha and would never have a chance of freedom.
 
Sighing, Kagura left as well, to get ready for their long trip to find Inuyasha and the rest of his idiot friends.
 
=============In Kagura's room=============
 
As Kagura donned a new kimono, one that would turn and bend with her better, Kanna entered the room, holding her mirror up.
 
“Kagura…” she said, turning the mirror slightly so it caught more light. “…look.”
 
Kagura turned, tying the last piece into place.
 
“What is it?” she asked, taking a step forward to see the mirror better. “Inuyasha and his idiots?” she asked.
 
Kanna, though, just shook her head and held the mirror a little higher. Kagura saw it then. It wasn't Inuyasha, well, not just Inuyasha anyways. He, and the rest of his friends, were outside some cave, a waterfall by its side. Inuyasha, standing in front of the girl Kagome, was yelling at some demon, a wolf demon.
 
“Kouga…” Kagura said, smiling. “So he's there to? Never mind what I said before, this is going to be fun.”
 
Kanna nodded as Kagura waved a dismissing hand and left the room, waiting outside for Kagura to finish.
 
A moment later she walked out of the room, fan in one hand, a feather in the other.
 
“Come on,” she said, walking the short distance to the entrance and out into the brilliant sunlight. It was a perfect day, one that she would have enjoyed immensely if she had had a heart and was free. She sighed and dropped the feather, watching as it grew bigger. Climbing on she noticed that Kanna wasn't behind her and climbed back off, walking back into the building.
 
“Do not forget,” she heard Naraku saying. “I want her alive. If not now then when we attack, but I want her!”
 
She stopped, not wanting to get any closer, and leaned against a wall, waiting for the white girl to come out. When she did Kagura just nodded and headed for the door again, this time Kanna right behind her.
 
Finally they were on their way to look for, as Kagura liked to call them, The Bastard and his bitches group. She smiled…it was a bad name but it was funny to her.
 
=============Later that day=============
 
“Kanna,” she pointed ahead. “I see them, they are up there, near that water fall.” Said girl came forward and looked as well, spotting the group right away. “I wonder why they are there?” Kagura went on, knowing that she was better off thinking this to herself as she received no answer.
 
“Get closer.” Kanna said, still looking ahead. “Naraku wants them to…”
 
“…know that there's going to be an attack, I know, you said before.” Kagura interrupted. Kanna said nothing but just nodded.
 
“Fine,” Kagura said. But what if they just think we're here to harass them or spy? Then what? Are we going have to spell it out for them?” But she thought she knew the answer before it was said.
 
“Yes,” Kanna replied. “It is Naraku command that they know.”
 
Kagura just nodded and rested her head in her hand. It was going to be a long day and she knew it. If no fighting then trying to explain what a an is to Inuyasha and is lackeys.
 
As they drew closer Kagura saw as one by one they all turned to look at her and Kanna in the feather. “They've noticed us.” She said to Kanna, who she knew had already known. “Now what? Throw a gift basket at them?” Kanna shook her head and jumped from the feather. Taking her time, and sighing about stupid white girls, Kagura made a slower decent.
 
When she did land, Inuyasha and Kouga were arguing about something, Kagome was shaking her head, and the others all looked ready for a fight. To get this over with Kagura said loudly to Kanna, “Why is Naraku sending us to war against these idiots? They're not worthy.” Kanna, taking the hint, nodded. `Big help you are.' Kagura thought.
 
“War?” the girl Kagome whispered. “We're going to war?”
 
“What the Hell?” Inuyasha said. “Who the Hell said anything about us going to war with Naraku?”
 
Kagura laughed. These people really were dumb!! “Naraku, fool, he says it. Though, I'm not saying when, it'll be fun to watch your pathetic faces when we attack you later.”
 
Inuyasha and Kouga growled and Kagura just laughed.
 
“Is that all?” she whispered to Kanna a second later. “I want to get out of here, this is wasting my time.”
 
Kanna, though, shook her head and walked forward a step before saying, as they all raised their weapons, “The terms of the war: It shall not happen under two conditions: one, you hand over the jewel shards, two, you hand over the miko Kagome.” She paused as Inuyasha gave an outburst of rage, which was silenced by Kagome. “Other terms: If war does commence it shall not end until: one, the shards are handed over and two, the miko Kagome is handed over. The war shall go on until these terms are fulfilled or until one side has one. There is no chance of a truce.” She stepped back next to the stunned Kagura. The white girl could talk, and talk a lot, when she needed to!
 
“Feh,” said the hanyou Inuyasha. “Like that'll ever happen. Go tell Naraku to…” Kagome put her hands over Shippou's ears as Inuyasha told Kagura what Naraku could do with a tree and a gun. Kagura smiled and said, “Fine,” she looked at Kouga who growled. “You'll be joining your kin soon, by my hand!!”
 
She whipped her fan around and a moment later she and Kanna were once again soaring through the open sky's back to Naraku.