InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Crowning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
“Are you coming Kagome?” her mother asked as the others went inside, only her mother and her mate remained outside with her.
 
“No. I want to sit in the garden awhile.”
 
“Alright,” Sesshoumaru said as he hugged her and her mother followed suit when he released her. “You want I should come call you for lunch?”
 
Kagome smiled and kissed her mate's striped cheek. “That would be wonderful,” she sighed and hugged him once more before waddling her way toward the eastern gardens.
 
The flowering bushes were loosing their luster as it grew colder outside. She looked up into the cerulean sky as she sat beneath a sakura tree. It wouldn't be long before she couldn't enjoy the hours she spent in the gardens around the castle. It would snow soon, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps in the next few weeks. It was November now and the temperatures were dancing between fair and cool as it was now, to needing warm cloaks whenever one stepped outside. She heard giggling and saw Rin and Shippou come bounding toward her as the two siblings jumped at and tumbled into each other as they played happily together.
 
Kagome smiled and opened her arms to them. They both smiled and slowed down until they were at a slow jog and stopped, one on either side of her. Sometimes she felt sad that she was too big to be able to run and play with them. But then she thought that it wouldn't be long until she had the baby. Then she would be able to move quickly again. She smiled as she hugged them both to her.
 
“What are my little angels up to?” she asked with a smile as they moved away from her and giggled.
 
“Rin wanted to pick flowers and I came with her,” Shippou explained as Rin plucked a sakura blossom from a low branch and put it in Kagome's hair.
 
Kagome smiled and thanked her daughter with a kiss to her cheek. Rin moved further into the garden as Shippou followed. Kagome shook her head at their youthful exuberance and closed her eyes as she listened to the sounds of their voices and laughter as they played together.
 
Unintentionally, she drifted off into a peaceful sleep, the indigestion she had been feeling since midday the day before had finally seemed to abate a bit, and the heavy pressure in her lower back grew a bit less bothersome.
 
“Mom's sleeping,” Shippou said his eyes smiling softly.
 
“She does that a lot,” Rin pouted and Shippou grinned.
 
“She's pregnant. I remember when my mother before Kagome was pregnant. She slept a lot too. Especially later in the pregnancy.”
 
“If she was pregnant then where's your brother or sister?” Rin asked curious.
 
Shippou's eyes grew sad. “My mom and brother died in birth. He was too big for mom to handle.”
 
Rin hugged her brother and kissed his cheek. “I'm sorry.” Kagome had finally gotten her to use the first person more often and was proud that the girl now said I instead of Rin.
 
“It's ok. It was a long time ago,” he said as he hugged her back. “C'mon,” he took her hand and led her away. “Let's let mom sleep, I know where there's a rabbit nest. We can go see em.”
 
“Yeah,” Rin said excitedly.
 
The two trotted off out of the garden and down near the forest, skipping as they held hands. The two were so close now that at times they had no need for words, knowing almost instinctually what the other thought. Kagome slept peacefully under the tree not a care in the world.
 
Nearly two hours later, Kagome woke alone in the garden to a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. Her eyes widened when she noticed that her kimono was soaked between her legs and a second pain nearly piggybacked the first.
 
“Oh no,” she breathed out as another pain hit her and she bent forward.
 
Kagome looked around to see if anyone was near, she knew without a doubt that she wouldn't be able to stand let alone walk anywhere with as fast as the contractions were coming. No one was there, she was completely alone. She cried out as another harder pain hit her, this one lasted nearly twice as long as the others and she felt a heavy pressure between her legs as though something were trying to push its way out of her.
 
She opened her mouth to call out for someone, but the words caught in her throat as another pain came. She hiked up the bottom of her kimono and spread her legs, bending her knees and planting her feet flat on the soft grass. She reached between her legs and when she went to pull off her panties she felt the distinct rounded lump between her legs. The baby was already crowned!
 
She ripped off her panties and cried out for help as another pain came and she instinctively pushed. No wonder her mother was reluctant to talk about the birth - it fucking hurt! She cried out again, tears of fear and pain streaming her cheeks as she pushed with the next contraction. All she knew to do was push, she didn't know how far out the baby was. Oh kami, this one hurt far worse, oh it hurt!
 
She reached down to feel between her legs and only just managed to catch the pup as it slid the rest of the way out of her. She laughed and cried at the same time as her little hanyou girl opened her golden eyes and cried. Kagome wiped the birth off the girl's face and looked at the precious child in her arms.
 
Bright golden eyes looked up at her, two little black ears flattened against her head, her thick black hair wet and shiny. Two tiny little hands with tiny little claws, and two tiny little feet with tiny little toes. Oh she was perfect! And beautiful, she was so beautiful. The pup's mouth opened again as she cried to be fed. Kagome heard footsteps come running toward her and suddenly her mate and her and her step father were in front of and beside her.
 
“Kagome!” Sesshoumaru's eyes were wide as he looked at the pup in her arms.
 
“Here, take her,” Kagome said as she handed the pup to her step father. “The next one's on its way out.”
 
She cried out with the next contraction as Sesshoumaru knelt between her legs and helped guide the pup into the world as she pushed him out. Her son was born a full youkai, his silver hair slicked back against his head, his pointed ears tiny on the sides of his head. He opened the stormy blue eyes he inherited from his mother and released his own cry to announce to the world that he was alive. Kagome held her son in her arms and then passed him to Tiyeko who held his sister as she birthed the after birth.
 
“Took you long enough,” she panted at Sesshoumaru and Tiyeko and then laughed as she looked at her twins. One hanyou one youkai, strange and unusual yes, but undeniably perfect.
 
“Are you alright?” Sesshoumaru asked as Tiyeko fussed over his grandchildren.
 
Kagome nodded and yawned. “I should feed them.”
 
“Once we get you inside and cleaned up.” Sesshoumaru ripped pieces of cloth from the sleeve of his haori and twisted each before tying them around the base of the umbilical cord at each child's abdomen and snipped the cord off with his claws. He quickly melted the afterbirth with his poison and then lifted his mate into his arms.
 
Cradling Kagome against his chest, he followed Tiyeko inside and they carried the pups and Kagome into Shinta to make certain that both mother and children were alright.