InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Rescuing breakfast ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“Come on bastard,” Inuyasha said as he watched his brother and Kagome walk out of their bedroom. “I've been sent to retrieve you two.”
 
“We were coming Inuyasha,” Kagome said as she hugged her friend. “What's the rush?”
 
“Your pups are making - and I use the term loosely and cautiously - breakfast for you. It looks like it would poison even Naraku. That'd be an interesting way to defeat the creep, let your pups cook for him,” the inu hanyou chuckled as he led them down the hall.
 
“I hear there is food being made,” Miroku's voice sounded behind them as he and his mate came jogging up to them and it was clear from the shredded ends of the sleeves of Sango's kimono that she was still unused to her new and permanent claws.
 
“Yup,” Kagome giggled. “Shippou and Rin are making breakfast.
 
“Oh, well when put that way,” Miroku said with a cautious look at Sango who warily nodded at him. “Sango and I can always wait until the midday meal.”
 
“Hey!” Kagome shouted and then giggled merrily. “Perhaps we should go - rescue - our food then,” she said and made her way into the kitchen.
 
“Kagome, are you better now?” Sango asked as she moved up to walk beside the yawning woman.
 
“Still a bit tired,” Kagome said as she smiled at the cook and lifted one child in either arm and carried them from the kitchen. “But yes, I'm better now. Or I will be once I get some more sleep and you get that look off your face,” Kagome said as she plopped the pups in Sesshoumaru's lap. “I'm tired yes, but I have no wish to return to bed so soon. Let me spend sometime with my children alright, and then I'll lay down again.”
 
“Promise?” the taiyoukai asked his mate as she leaned down to kiss him.
 
“Yes, I promise,” Kagome said and smiled a greeting up at Toga, her mother and step father and the visiting royals as they entered the dinning hall. “Good morning,” she said to them all as Toga came up and hugged her. “Good morning pappa,” Kagome said as she returned the hug.
 
“Hello baby girl,” Toga said to Kagome. “How are you my precious daughter?” he asked as he pulled back, his hands on her upper arms as he smiled softly at her.
 
“I'm ok pappa,” she said with a smile and then brought a hand up to cover her mouth as she yawned.
 
“Still in need of much rest though,” he said with a raised brow.
 
Kagome giggled and then turned to the lion youkai that stood behind her. Mintomaru looked down upon the woman and studied her, his sharp eyes taking in her form as his nose took in her scent. Yes, she was indeed on the road to a good and full recovery.
 
“My Lady,” he said regally as he bowed to her. “I do not believe we were given a proper introduction. I am Lord Mintomaru of the northern territories, taiyoukai of the golden lion clan.” He turned halfway and motioned to his mate and children as he introduced each to her in turn. “We offer our well wishes to you and our gratitude for your generous hospitality.”
 
Kagome blushed and Mintomaru found himself entranced by her shyness. “Thank you Lord Mintomaru, but please, I've no need for such formalities. Please just call me Kagome.”
 
“As you wish Kagome,” he said and returned to his seat as Kagome took hers.
 
Kagome smiled up at the servant as she placed a plate of food and a small bowl of rice in front of her along with a cup of water. Placing her hand on the servant's arm, Kagome smiled and gave her thanks for bringing her the food and also bid her to thank the cook for his wonderful creation, asking that the girl let the cook know she would like to speak with him after the meal. The servant nodded and bowed to the Lady of the Western Lands, smiling and blushing at the kindness and love this one simple woman shared with everyone she met. It had saddened all of the staff to hear that she had taken ill and the servant was so very pleased to see Kagome looking better than she had in good while.
 
“My dear,” Kagome said as the servant made to move away.
 
“Yes my lady,” the servant responded her voice low and keeping her eyes turned away so as to be respectful.
 
“No,” Kagome said and grasped the girl's chin gently in her hands, making the girl look at her, green eyes meeting stormy blue. “Don't do that; don't look away from me like you think yourself unworthy to look at me. I won't have it,” Kagome said her voice stern but gentle. “Thank you sweetie,” Kagome said as she tucked the squirrel youkai's hair behind her pointed ears. “You've been very kind to me this whole time, bringing me my meals when I was in my chambers.” Kagome embraced the girl's shoulders in a hug.
 
“It was my pleasure my lady,” the servant said blushing though smiling as she returned the hug neither woman seeing the surprised and warm soft eyes of Mintomaru and his family looking upon them.
 
“You have quite a treasure there don't you Lord Sesshoumaru?” the lion youkai said softly to the inuyoukai, keeping his voice low so as not to disturb the moment.
 
“Yes, I do,” Sesshoumaru said with pride, keeping his voice equally as low as he looked upon his mate.
 
“Call me Kagome sweetie,” Kagome said to her and then her brow furrowed in confusion. “What is your name?”
 
“My name?” the girl asked with stuttered words.
 
“Yes little one, your name,” Kagome said with a smile.
 
“I am called Shinsetsu my La- Kagome,” she said meekly.
 
Kindness, gentleness, Kagome thought. What a perfect name for this girl.
 
“Thank you Shinsetsu, for all you've done for me. Now go on,” she said with a wink. “I'm sure your father is wondering where you've gotten off to,” she said referring to the cook.
 
The girl giggled and nodded, on impulse embracing Kagome in a hug before turning and leaving the room. Kagome turned her attention back to the others at the table and saw that all eyes were on her and blushed.
 
“What?” she asked only to be answered with differing depths of kind and proud smiles.
 
 
 
Kanna shot up in the bed she shared with Kagura, her eyes wide and glowing a soft silverfish white as the smell of fear came from her in waves.
 
“Kagura,” Kanna said to her sister as the wind youkai emerged from the wardrobe, holding two kimonos, one for her and one for her sister in her arms as she returned to the bed.
 
“What is it Kanna?” she asked as she smelled her sister's fear and looked upon her.
 
“Naraku,” the abyss youkai said fearfully. “He is coming here. He is moving fast sister, and he is angry.”
 
 
 
 
 
A.N. I'm sorry I know this was terribly short but I'm working on the confrontation chappie so please bear with me.
 
MM.org - I am forming a mailing list to update those who read my fics on this site. Any who wish to be on it, please either send me an email entitled `Update' with your email in the body, or include your name and email in the review you post. Thank you and until next time, ja ne WhisperingWolf