InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Sent away ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“What are you doing?” Kagome asked as she stepped into the lavish chambers she shared with her mate only to find him packing her yellow back pack with several kimonos and wrapped parcels of food taken from the kitchen as well as her soaps and hair brush and ties.
 
“I'm packing,” he said simply as he finished filling the yellow pack and tested its weight after closing it.
 
“Yes I can see that. But why are you packing my bag with things for me?” Kagome asked as she moved to her mate's side.
 
Sesshoumaru sighed and swept his mate up into his arms, carrying her to the chair by the window and sitting down with her as he moved the rocker into a gentle easy rhythm. He held her there in his lap for a few moments in silence before speaking, his voice low and commanding of attention when he did finally speak.
 
“Naraku is getting closer. I can feel his approach; Kanna has seen him in her mind and shown him to me in a mirror given to her. My scouts have also confirmed that he is closing in on us.” He kissed Kagome lightly when she made move to speak. “Shush,” he whispered to her, “just listen. Miroku is also packing or having Sango pack her own bag. We are sending you two, along with the pups and your brother back to her village, to stay in the cave in which Midoriko resides. You two will be safe there, to wait out the battle.”
 
“Sessh I can -” her words of protest were cut off as he silenced her with a gentle kiss.
 
“You are pregnant, as is Sango. That is why we are sending you two away, to keep you protected.” He sighed and tucked his mate's head under his chin as he rocked them both in the solid maple wood chair. “This battle will be dangerous Kagome. Kagura will take you to the cave, but she will also return to us once you have arrived there safely. She and Kanna are the only ones who hold such intimate knowledge of that disgraceful hanyou. They will help us defeat him. But I need you safe.”
 
“But what about you?” she asked, pulling away to look into her mate's topaz gaze.
 
“I shall not stand alone. Mintomaru has sent for his army. Kouga and his and his mate's shared tribe and warriors will be arriving later today. Do you remember Kushini-sama?” Kagome nodded remembering the neko youkai princess that had finally caught Jaken and helped bring the devious toad to justice. “She and her best warriors and most gifted legion will be arriving today also. As well as the taiyoukai of the Eastern Bear tribe and his warriors, and believe it or not, the Southern White dragon youkai and their clan. I hold no treaty with the White Dragons, but it seems that they wish for Naraku's defeat as much as anyone. It was he who killed the last of their grown females, and they are still waiting for the eggs to hatch to see if their will be any females born.”
 
“Wow,” Kagome said amazed at the sheer number of armies, not to mention youkai that would be arriving.
 
“Yes, and my father and aunt will stand beside me, as well as Miroku and my brother. So you see my love, there is no reason for you to worry.”
 
“Reason or not I will worry, you know that right?” she asked as she tucked her head back under his chin and wrapped her arms around his waist.
 
Now that she was finally eating and resting properly again there was a little rounded bump that was beginning to show the life she held inside and as had become his habit at night when they would lay together, his hand rested on the bump, his thumb absently rubbing against it.
 
“I know,” he said and kissed her head. “But I'm simply telling you that you don't need to. I want you safe. I want our pups safe. I want Sango and your brother to be safe. Kirara will stay with you and Sango to protect you all and Ah-Un will go with you as well. Have Sango continue teaching your brother to track and hunt as father has been doing. Thanks to father and in great part Miroku, Souta has finally learned to calm and control his youkai and his newly highly attuned senses. Father says that Souta's headaches have finally gone away but I've had Shinta prepare her potion for him should they return.”
 
“I'm gonna miss you,” she said interrupting whatever he was going to say next.
 
“I know. I'll miss you as well my mate.”
 
“Can we just sit here for awhile?” she asked as he continued to rock them both in the chair slowly. “Just for a little while?”
 
“Yes,” he said and kissed her head as he held her in his arms, stroked her hair and life filled belly and rocked them.
 
 
 
 
“Miroku I'm a taijiya, I can fight,” Sango argued softly as he lay with her in their bed, the bag he had packed for her sitting in the chair near the window, Kirara in her kitten form curled up on top of Sango's distended middle. “What about the revenge I promised my dead village? What about my brother?”
 
Miroku kissed her temple and stroked her thick black hair. “And what about our pup that grows inside of you? Would you risk her life to avenge the dead?” he asked, his claws combing through her hair that hung over her shoulder.
 
“No,” she admitted and curled closer, tucking her head beneath his as she yawned softly. “But what about you? I don't want you to get hurt.”
 
He tipped her head up and kissed her lips before letting her go and feeling her tucked her head back beneath his as she yawned for a second time, the pregnancy as it progressed making her tire easily.
 
“I'm youkai now, just as you are. My senses and reflexes are heightened and I can move faster unlike you my pregnant mate,” he teased her.
 
“Hey now,” she slapped his arm lightly.
 
“I just want you safe. I want our pup safe. Naraku is still at least a good day's travel away.”
 
“How's that? I thought he was closer,” she said as she moved to look up into his beautiful golden eyes.
 
“Nope,” he said as he looked into her violet blue eyes. “Seems our devious little hanyou,” he said with no amount of affection at all, “has been getting side tracked by youkai rumoring of who all will be here for the final fight. He's not too happy, especially considering that Kagura and Kanna are fighting against him now.”
 
Her brows rose as she listened to his words and then she nodded. “I heard fighting earlier,” she said in question.
 
“Yes. Amazingly enough that was our favorite dog eared hanyou standing up in defense of Kagura as the wind youkai and Kouga came to terms.”
 
“Ah. So is the wolf still going to try and take revenge upon her?”
 
“I'm not certain.”
 
Sango yawned widely and Miroku smiled at her. Kami she was beautiful.
 
 
 
 
“But I don't want to go,” Souta said softly as he sat in one of the training dojos with his mother and the new father he had in Toga.
 
“I know pup,” Toga said as he enfolded the boy in his arms. “But its for the best.
 
“Will mamma be ok?” he asked as he looked up at the inuyoukai.
 
“Of course I will sweetheart,” Kashu said as she brought a hand to her son's silver hair, still marveling at the changes and stroked his silken locks.
 
“But why aren't you coming too?” he asked as he looked at his mother.
 
“I can't,” she said and truth she couldn't, but she was loathe to tell him why.
 
One week ago she had suffered from a bout of serious and painful abdominal cramping and had gone to see Shinta. The kind rabbit youkai had done all she could but the cramping had continued for three very long days. Shinta had told her sadly that she was suffering from a miscarriage and there was nothing she could do. Since then she had been weakened and had alternated between sleeping in Shinta's quarters and the ones she shared with her mate. After a few questions it became apparent that Kashu and her mate had enjoyed carnal pleasures a bit too soon after she had given birth, waiting two weeks instead of the recommended four. She had become pregnant again but her womb was still healing from giving birth and had rejected the new life, though not before letting them grow a bit and making it painful for her to lose the life.
 
“She will be fine here pup,” Toga soothed the child and cupped his face in his hands to be certain he had Souta's full attention. “I'll allow nothing to happen to her, you have my word.”
 
“Ok,” Souta said still sad to be leaving them. “Hey Toga,” he said as he exited the dojo with the adults. “How come my stripes are blue like yours but Sesshoumaru's are pink?”
 
Toga chuckled at that. “Don't ever let him hear you calling them pink, he'd have a fit,” he laughed. “Sesshoumaru inherited his color of crests from his mother as most male pups do, just as females inherit their coloring from their father. But since your mother is human and not youkai, you gained my color of crests.”
 
“Oh.” Souta thought that over his eyes drawn away as he saw the young female badger youkai again and his eyes watched as she walked down the hall carrying a tray laden with broken dishes that looked to be stacked rather precariously. “Ok,” he said and jogged off to help her and talk to her.
 
Toga shook his head and laughed as he watched the boy go after the girl, taking the tray from her as she blushed and going where she directed him as he talked with her. Ah, young love.
 
“Perhaps I should send Tokumori with them.”
 
Kashu laughed at that as she watched her son talking with the badger youkai as he walked beside her. “Let's just hope that Kagome can keep him in line.”
 
“Ah, yes. That girl certainly can be forceful when need be.”
 
“Yes, she does have quite the temper, stubborn as a mule too.”
 
“Is the pain finally gone?” he asked as he walked with her and saw her place a hand on her stomach.
 
“Yes, it finally is. I hate to say it, but I'm almost glad I miscarried. I don't think I could handle it. My daughter has more strength then I do I think, raising five pups with another close on the way. I have infant triplets. I don't think I could handle anymore quite so soon.”
 
“It's quite alright. Not many are able to. I'm just glad that Kagome's finally asking for help and taking care of herself as she needs to.”
 
“Yes, I was really worried about her. My poor little girl. Life hasn't been easy on her but she's never complained. Not once. She's braver than I am, stronger than I am too.”
 
“I've learned over time that our children will often times amaze us. Lady Kashu,” Toga said as he left her at the door to her rooms. “Be sure to stay either in here or with Shinta once the battle begins. There will be guards near but not inside the castle and I don't want you or anyone else for that matter getting hurt. If the fighting gets terribly bad, gather the servants, your pups and any pups they may have and go to the ballroom in the southern wing. Stay there until someone comes for you.”
 
“Ok,” Kashu said with a nod before moving forward and kissing his cheek. “Thank you for taking such good care of both my children.”
 
Toga smiled softly, so much like her daughter. “It has been and will continue to be a pleasure.”
 
 
 
 
“What's your name?” Souta asked as he set the tray down and helped the youkai girl unload it into the large barrel where the porcelain would be crushed into a fine powder and then made into clay to be remade into other things.
 
“Me Lord Souta,” she said shyly, her face kept turned away.
 
“Yes you,” he teased lightly. “There isn't anyone else here with us.
 
The girl gasped softly as she realized what he said was true.
 
“I - I am Tokumori my lord.”
 
“Tokumori,” he said thoughtfully, virtuous forest, he liked it. “Why won't you look at me?” he asked as she seemed to refuse to meet his gaze.
 
“Sir it is, it is not proper for one of my unworthy standing to look upon one so high my lord,” she said stumbling over her words.
 
Souta took in a deep breath and nearly giggled with glee. She was as affected by him as he was by her. This was so much easier than that time when his sister had tried to help him with that crush he'd had in school.
 
“Cut it with the `my lord' stuff ok?” he asked lightly though his voice holding a bit of frustration. It was wickedly cool to be royalty, but frustrating as hell when the girl he held interest in wouldn't talk to him because of it.
 
“I didn't mean to offend you sir,” she said her head bowed low.
 
“You haven't offended me Tokumori,” he said as he tipped her head up with two fingers beneath her chin. “And call me Souta.”
 
“S-Souta?” she asked.
 
“Yes, Souta,” he said and sighed when her eyes wouldn't meet his. “Please look at me Tokumori.”
 
The girl bit her bottom lip between her teeth as she hesitantly did so.
 
“You're so beautiful,” he said as he took in her rose quartz shaded eyes, the two dark strips upon her cheeks, the beautiful dark hair.
 
Her face was pale, a light almond and he let the backs of his fingers brush over her cheek, hearing her gasp and watching as she blushed. He smiled softly at her. They were both young, he only fifteen and she - how old was she?
 
“How old are you Tokumori,” he asked, her name a breathy whisper.
 
“Fif-Fifteen my lo-Souta,” she said catching herself. “Badger youkai age at the same rate that humans do, but once we reach maturity we age just like-”
 
Her words ere cut off as he kissed her softly. Just a small soft touch of his lips against hers. His lips massaging hers before he pulled back.
 
“Just like what?” he asked as he continued to hold her cheek in his palm.
 
She blushed darkly as she looked upon him, her eyes sparkling.
 
“That was my first kiss,” she whispered and when he smiled at her, her eyes widened as she realized that she'd spoken aloud.
 
“Really?” he asked amused by her shyness.
 
“Yes,” she said her voice barely audible.
 
“Do I make you nervous?” he asked concerned that perhaps he had overstepped himself.
 
“Yes,” she said softly. Oh but it was a sweet nervousness, she thought.
 
“I'm sorry, forgive me my forwardness,” he said as he released her face from his gentle hold and stepped back.
 
“No, no please,” she said and grasped his hand in both of her own. “I-” he turned back to her. “I like you too Souta. I'm just…I've never done this before.”
 
“I don't want to mate you,” he assured her gently, his voice serious so she would know that his intentions were not dishonorable.
 
“I know. I'm a servant,” she said looking away. “I know you wouldn't it wouldn't be proper. I didn't think you would make me your mate it's just that-”
 
“No,” he started laughing. “Toku,” he said shorting shortening her name as he pulled her into his arms to hug her and hold her. “I didn't mean that, I meant that…Oh man of all the times I could use Kag's help,” he chuckled. “I wasn't raised around all of this. I couldn't care less if you were a chambermaid. I like you because I like you. But I meant that I didn't want to - how is said in this time? Ah yes, I don't want to bed you. We're both too young, don't you think? And besides what kind of a person would I be to do that without even knowing you? I'm not a player.”
 
“A…player?” she asked in confusion.
 
“You know a playboy,” he said as he looked down at her, the top of her head reaching his shoulder.
 
“Playboy?” she asked what was he talking about.
 
“I'm not loose,” he said at a loss of how else to explain it.
 
Tokumori giggled in his hold at hearing him referring to himself with a term generally only used for women.
 
“I just, I want to get to know you. Kiss you a bit more, cause hey that was nice,” he chuckled lightly when she giggled and blushed. “Can I do that? Will you let me?”
 
She nodded silently as she looked up at him and he smiled.
 
“Thank you,” he said and kissed her cheek. “I'm gonna go see my sister, you want to come?”
 
“Your sister?” she asked not really knowing to whom he was related other than Toga.
 
“Yeah, she wanted to thank you anyway for everything you did.”
 
“Thank me?” she asked in confusion as he led her out of the room.
 
“Yeah…wait,” he said as he continued to lead her down the halls. “You don't know who my sister is do you?” she shook her head no. “My sister is Kagome.”
 
“Lady Kagome?” she asked her eyes wide as he nodded.
 
“Yup. Kag's my sister. I haven't seen her much but I - hey you're the man that brought me here,” Souta said as he spotted Kouga.
 
“Who are you?” Kouga asked the inuyoukai leading the badger youkai around, their hands joined.
 
“I'm Souta. The boy from the well, I was human when you met me before.”
 
“You're the kid,” Kouga said and then looked at him in confusion. “How'd you turn youkai?”
 
“Still not sure of that myself. Something Toga did to wake me up.”
 
“Wake you up?” the wolf asked.
 
“Yeah, I was trapped inside my own mind for a bit. He said some words and then cut both our hands and put em together.”
 
“He adopted you as a blood child?” Kouga asked astonished.
 
“I…guess,” Souta said his eyes wide.
 
“Damn kid,” the wolf said in wonder. “You know where your sister is?”
 
“Yeah I'm headed there now, you wanna come along?”
 
“Sure,” Kouga said and started following them. “So who's the girl?” he asked and Tokumori blushed.
 
“My friend,” Souta said simply. “Tokumori.”
 
“You and your sister have a way of collecting youkai friends don't you?” Kouga asked with an amused chuckle as he followed the boy to Kagome's room and Souta blushed.
 
 
 
“Your brother and the wolf are outside our room,” Sesshoumaru said to his mate as he sat in the rocker with her still in his lap and wrapped in his arms.
 
“Hmm,” she moaned and yawned as she curled up against his chest. “Really?”
 
“Mmhmm,” he answered her. “Would you have me send them away?” he asked his mate, he didn't want to move too comfortable where he was with her in his arms.
 
“Mmm, no.”
 
“Then I shall have to get up,” he said with a pout.
 
“Or we could just come in,” Souta said as he opened the door and came in. “What?” he asked at Sesshoumaru's disgruntled look. “Of all the times I'd have to get Kagome up for school, this is by far the easiest.”
 
“Oh shut up,” Kagome growled at her brother playfully. “Hey it's you,” Kagome said as she looked upon Tokumori, her mate groaning as she got up from his lap and she absently slapped his arm as she stepped toward the girl. “I wanted to thank you,” Kagome said as she wrapped the girl up in her arms. “The rooms looked wonderful and all the visitors have sent their compliments but I hadn't been able to find you before to tell you sweetie,” she said as she released the girl and tucked her hair behind her pointed ears.
 
Tokumori smiled shyly and blushed, Sesshoumaru's eyes smiling softly at the way his mate affected all those around her.
 
“I heard you were ill Lady,” the girl said in concern as she looked at Kagome and then seemed to remember herself and quickly dropped her gaze to the floor.
 
“Don't do that,” Kagome said and put a hand beneath the girl's chin, raising her face to look into her eyes. “I don't buy in to all that difference between classes stuff that goes around. Look at me when we talk, ok? And I want you to know that you can come to me whenever something bothers you, and feel comfortable doing so, ok?” she said and the girl nodded. “Good,” Kagome smiled.
 
“Yes, I was ill. I tried doing something that was too much for me to handle and didn't ask for help. My lesson has been learned and I am quite well now,” she said with a soft laugh. “My mate however is sending me, well a lot of us away due to the upcoming fight and I talked with Pappa a little bit ago, so…would you like to come with us?” she asked sending her bother a wink and watching as her once human turned youkai brother blushed.
 
“Yes ma'am,” Tokumori said shyly. “Is there anything you'd have me do?”
 
“Sweetheart,” Kagome said and cupped the girl's face in her hands, leaning closer and kissing her forehead. “You're coming with us as a friend. Not a servant.”
 
“Oh,” she said and then blushed.
 
“Yes, so Souta, why don't you walk her back to her rooms so she can pack a bag and gather some food from the cook.”
 
“Ok,” Souta said. “Come on Toku,” he said and took her hand leading the girl away and out of the room after she hugged Kagome one last time.
 
“One hour Souta,” Kagome said and watched as her brother nodded before closing the door as he left.
 
“You were ill?” Kouga asked a concerned frown on his face.
 
“Kouga,” Kagome greeted and hugged her friend, her mate narrowing his eyes at the wolf as he stood from his seat in the rocking chair.
 
“You were ill?” the wolf asked again as they broke the hug and Sesshoumaru wrapped his arms around his mate from behind, his hands resting on the small mound of her stomach as he silently stated his claim.
 
“Yes. I was a bit stupid,” she said with a sigh and a giggle. “I tried to prove that I could take care of all of my pups, Makia included, on my own and take care of my duties as Lady of the lands. In doing so I kind of wore myself out,” she said and heard her mate snort at her `kind of'. `What?” she asked Sesshoumaru as she turned her head to look at him.
 
“Collapsing into the Northern Lion taiyoukai's arms is not what I would call `kind of' wearing yourself out,” Sesshoumaru chastised with a disgruntled look.
 
“You collapsed?” Kouga asked worriedly and Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“Will you two stop?” she asked as she turned to look out the window and then gasped and smiled before fleeing the room.
 
“Kagome!” both her mate and her wolf friend called after her as they hurried out of the room after her.
 
They found Kagome as she ran out of the castle into the snow looking up in happy wonder at a great white dragon. It stood on all fours, its tail as long as a fallen tree she had seen. His body was a stone white, his eyes a brilliant sapphire blue, his wings hung relaxed at his sides like a blanket as he watched as the smiling human woman ran up to him.
 
“You're a dragon,” she said in wonder and stroked his soft leathery snout softly when he lowered his head to her and sniffed at her belly. “Yup I've got a baby in there,” she said with a giggle and moved closer, hugging his leg. She giggled, dwarfed by the dragon whose body was as big as her mate's when he was in his true form.
 
“I should have known,” Sesshoumaru chuckled softly as a few other dragon youkai landed and turned into their humanoid forms, but Kagome's attention was too wrapped up in the dragon she was embracing to notice.
 
“Who is the woman?” one of the dragon youkai asked Sesshoumaru as he stepped closer to the inu taiyoukai.
 
“My mate,” he said with a chuckle as he watched Kagome embracing the dragon only to be enfolded by the great beast's wings as the dragon hugged her back.
 
“I think she's enchanted our Lord,” the youkai said to Sesshoumaru. “I've not seen him take to anyone like that, especially not since his mate was killed and most definitely not in his true form. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a human approach him as your mate has done. Is she always like that?” he asked in wonder as they both watched Kagome cover her mouth as she yawned.
 
The huge white dragon youkai nudged Kagome gently away as she yawned again, the pregnancy and short excited run tiring her. He curled up on the ground, using his left wing to curl around her and draw her closer, Kagome curling up at his shoulder and resting her head against his body for a short nap as the dragon's white wing covered her like a blanket.
 
“Yes,” Sesshoumaru answered the youkai's question. “She is always like that.”
 
A small happy gasp sounded from behind Sesshoumaru and both he and the dragon youkai gathered near him turned to see Rin, her eyes alight on the dragon her mother was curled up and napping against. The girl gave a happy shout and ran toward the dragon, giggling as she did so, the great white beast raising his head to look at the small hanyou child that was racing toward him.
 
“Her pup I take it?” the youkai who had been speaking with Sesshoumaru said.
 
“Yes. Our pup, Rin.”
 
“Like mother, like daughter.”
 
“Hmm, quite,” Sesshoumaru agreed.
 
“I should've known that's what stole her attention away from me,” Toga said with a chuckle as he looked to see Rin exploring the dragon happily.
 
Dragon youkai by far held the longest life span of all the youkai breeds, white dragons the longest of them all. Where most dragon youkai lived for a millennium at the very least, a white dragon lived for at least three, and because of it bore hate from all other dragon youkai. The white dragons were by far the kindest dragons alive, be they youkai or simply mononoke like Kirara.
 
“A dragon,” Sango said in surprise as she stepped out into the snow her mate behind her, and Kagura with the infants in her arms. “A white dragon,” she said in awe. “I thought Naraku had killed all of your clan,” she said turning to the youkai that had been speaking with Sesshoumaru.
 
“No milady, only the females of our clan. The eggs still have yet to hatch, so we're hopeful that there will be females among them.”
 
“I'm so sorry,” Sango said sadly. “He destroyed my village too. I wish I could stay here and fight him,” she said and grunted when her pup kicked her hard. “But with my condition I guess it isn't the best option.”
 
“No it most certainly isn't,” the youkai said to Sango and heard her groan softly again. “May I?” he asked and Sango nodded as he stepped closer, taking his hand and putting it where the pup was most active. “Wow,” he said in wonder. “I've never felt one move before. Our young are born in eggs and we have to wait nearly a hundred years for them to hatch.” He smiled, his hand following the flutters and he chuckled when he felt a slight thump against his palm. “I must say, you youkai who birth live pups and humans are lucky. You're able to feel the life growing inside of you. We dragons don't have the same pleasure.”
 
“Hmm,” Sango giggled a moment and then took a breath before speaking. “It's about a month I think before I get to enjoy the pleasure of seeing my little one,” she said and grunted as her daughter kicked her hard. “She is definitely going to be a taijiya I can feel it.”
 
“A taijiya?” the dragon said as he looked up at Sango. “I heard the entire village of them was destroyed.”
 
“They were,” she said sadly. “I was the only one to survive. Miroku and I,” she began at the youkai's confused look. “We wanted to be mated in the youkai way instead of married in the human one. It seemed to fit more especially with the way our lives had gone. The healer gave us a potion that turned us youkai and we mated. Our pup was conceived when we were still youkai. We reverted back to human during a fight and then when I was about four months along the pup changed us back.”
 
“A legend for ages,” the dragon said and Sango smiled.
 
“Yes,” she smiled and looked at her mate. “Be careful ok,” she said to Miroku and kissed him. “If there are any of those poisonous insects or miasma then don't you dare release the wind tunnel,” she growled at him before stepping away as Kirara leapt up onto her shoulder.
 
“So you're the monk with the hole in his hand,” Sango heard the youkai say to her mate as she turned away and walked to Kagura, lifting Inuyasha's pup into her arms.
 
“She's so tiny still,” Sango said sadly. “I hope she grows quickly.”
 
“Was something wrong with the birth?” Kagura asked as Inuyasha stepped out behind them and made his way toward them, neither woman taking notice.
 
“She was born two weeks early,” Inuyasha said startling both and taking his tiny pup from Sango. “You'll take care of her?” he asked Sango as he cuddled and cradled his pup in his arms.
 
“Like she was my own,” Sango promised.
 
Inuyasha nodded and smiled gently as he looked down upon his pup. “Where's Kagome?” he asked and followed Sango's hand when she pointed at the white dragon. Inuyasha snorted and chuckled. “Just like her to curl up against dragon,” he grumbled before chuckling. “One of these days that girl is gonna bring home a youkai or mononoke and ask if she can keep it.”
 
“Like she did with all of us?” Sango asked with a laugh.
 
Inuyasha `humphed' and chuckled as he nodded. He watched as Souta and Tokumori came from the direction of the stables leading a saddled and bridled Ah-Un behind them by his reigns.
 
“Let me go wake up Kagome,” Inuyasha said as he passed his pup back to Sango. “Then you all should be on your way.”
 
Inuyasha walked toward the dragon and saw that Rin had settled down, curled up between the front legs of the great dragon that were folded together to make a nest for the pup. The hanyou shook his head as he walked closer, the dragon raising his giant long snouted slim head to look at the hanyou with a measuring stare.
 
“I'm not here to hurt them or you,” he said to the dragon. “but we have to send the pregnant women and the pups away to keep them safe.”
 
The dragon nodded and fluttered his wing lightly over Kagome, the soft flutters waking her from her soft sleep. Inuyasha and the dragon watched as she stirred and yawned, bringing a fist up to rub at her eye as she woke gently.
 
“Oh hey Inuyasha,” she greeted and then looked up with a wide smile. “So you weren't a dream,” she giggled and hugged the dragon as much as her tiny arms could. “Inuyasha come meet my friend.”
 
Inuyasha sighed and the chuckled. “Ever thought of not adopting every youkai you meet Kagome?” the hanyou asked as Rin awoke and leapt excitedly into his arms.
 
“He's my friend,” Kagome said and smiled up at the youkai whose sapphire eyes she could swear were smiling gently back at her.
 
“Yeah, well maybe he'll still be here when you get back,” Inuyasha said and watched Kagome pout at having to leave her new friend so soon.
 
Kagome eeped and giggled as a stone white leathery tail wrapped around her gently and lifted her up to sit just behind the dragon's shoulders above his wings. She giggled and balanced herself with her hands as the dragon stood and walked slowly over to where Sesshoumaru stood his tail swishing slowly as he walked. The dragon youkai standing next to Sesshoumaru spoke to his lord in the dragon language. He smiled at the girl sitting upon his lord's gigantic body and laughed softly.
 
“We'll await your return my lord,” the youkai said to the dragon and turned to Sesshoumaru. “Our lord has spoken. He will take your mate and the others to their safe haven if one of the guardians you have assigned them will lead him there.”
 
“Ah-Un and Kirara will lead him,” he said and turned to look up at his mate. “Did you hear any of that?” he asked and was answered with a happy giggle and brilliant smile. “Kagura,” he said turning to the wind witch. “Shippou and Rin will ride with Kagome; you will take the infants upon your feather.”
 
“I should keep Makia with me,” Kagome called down. “She needs to be fed more often than the other two. I'm actually thinking of weaning them soon.”
 
“Alright,” Sesshoumaru said as he rose upon his youki cloud and carried Makia up to her. “Be careful my mate.”
 
“I will be,” she said and kissed Sesshoumaru as Shippou and Rin hopped up the dragon's tail to sit next to her. “Thank you my friend,” she said to the dragon as Sango mounted Kirara and the large feline and Ah-Un, carrying Souta and Tokumori, took to the air.
 
Kagura took a feather from her hair and sat inside of it once it grew large enough, the growing infants in her arms. She rose to be in between the feline and the two headed youkai dragon as they all watched the large white dragon, heard him grunt at Kagome, the woman opening her kimono a bit at the legs so that she could gain a better purchase and held onto the children, nodding as the dragon turned and jogged away. He stopped his slow jog once he was far away from the others and beat his giant wings as he lifted himself and his riders into the air. Those on the ground below watched as they all disappeared into the horizon, their destination - the empty village hidden high in the mountains that once held the taijiya village.