InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Day ❯ rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

_____Rain__________

"… but I will only, bring on the rain…"

"Gawd, it's raining again." She held out her hand to touch the rain, the other one holding a cell phone to her ear. The roof of the theater branched out from the main building a little bit and it provided She held her hand out for a few seconds before shaking off the excess water then wiping it down her side. "Look, I'll have to call you later. Bye." She opened her purse and dropped the phone into it.

There were a few other people around her. Not as many as when the movie first let out, those with cars had left and those with umbrellas soon followed, heading to the subways. If it was a drizzle she wouldn't have minded walking through it, but it was a downpour and the subway was a fifteen-minute walk from here.

She leaned against the wall to the theater. She couldn't call her mom. She wasn't suppose to be out this late…and her mom was out of town anyway…which was why she was here in the first place…

She looked at her watch. It read 11:30. She glanced back at the theater entrance. The bars were already down and locked with only a set of doors to act as an exit for the late shows.

She sighed and slid down the wall to sit, knees pulled up to her chest. Maybe she should just walk through the rain…tomorrow was Sunday, no school to worry about being sick from…she wouldn't have to be worried if she had just acted like the good little girl she was suppose to and stayed home. But…she didn't want that. She didn't want to look like she didn't have a life, her friends at school made it a point to tell her where her social status lied…"friends", right…

She didn't know anyone who had a license, or who's parents would come to pick her up in the middle of the night, what good was having a cell phone when she didn't have anyone to call?

She stood up, and started to walk. Before she stepped out into the rain she held out her hand again. The drops were heavy and cold. She shivered and leaned forward, about to step into the rain-

"Kagome?!"

Kagome stopped and turned her head towards the voice.

"Kagome? Is that you?"

A boy was walking out of the movie theater, ahead of the rush apparently. He walked towards her.

"Ho…Hojo?"

"Oh, it is you. Hi Kagome."

"Hi Hojo." She droned.

He smiled. "Where's your umbrella? It's pouring out there."

"Oh, I left it at home. It was sunny when I left…"

He looked concerned. There was silence for a few moments before he said, blushing, "Um, well here, take mine." He held the umbrella out to her.

Kagome blushed and silently fumed. Why? Wasn't it enough she'd get in trouble?

"But, Hojo, don't you have to walk home too?"

"Yeah, well, girls shouldn't walk soaking through the rain…"

"No, I couldn't take it, its yours-"

"Please?"

"No, no, it's alright, see, look its starting to let up, it's not that far from my house." She said, trying to be casual.

"Well, if you won't have it by yourself, would you mind if…" he blushed, "…we…both…"

`Why me' she thought.

"Well, I'll see you later." She said, stepping out into the rain. It was cold, and she'd be soaked in a few more seconds, but anything to get rid of-

"Wait," He said, opening his umbrella, half jogging to catch up with her. "Here." He said, the umbrella over both their heads. He smiled, blushing too.

"Um, okay…" If only she had left sooner…

Hojo was something of a social discomfort for her. He was nice, sure, popular and decent looking but he just couldn't take a hint…nice, popular, and decent looking just didn't mask over annoying.

A few minutes (Kagome was counting down, unfortunately he was walking rather slow…) passed in silence before Hojo made a pathetic attempt at conversation.

"So, uh, what movie did you go see?"

"Me? Well, actually, I didn't go see a movie…I got caught in the storm…yeah, and went there for cover."

"Oh."

More minutes passed in silence. Maybe the awkwardness would get him over his crush; make him realize they just weren't compatible…she could always hope.

The subway station came into view, and the rain really was letting up.

"Thanks Hojo," she walked away from Hojo and the shelter of the umbrella to meet the drizzle. "I'll see you later."

"Oh, bye!" He called after her.

`I guess I should be grateful,' Kagome thought, going down the steps, `After all-'

"ACK!" She screamed, slipping down the steps. "Ow," she said reaching the bottom her eyes closed, "That hurt"

"Hello, are you alright?"

She opened her eyes to see an outreached hand. She looked up further to see a man with black hair tied back into a rat tail smiling at her.

"Oh," she said, grabbing the hand, "Thank you."

"No problem," he said, helping her up. "Be more careful next time."

"I will, and thank you again." She said, standing now.

He smiled, "You're welcome."

She turned to walk to the subway when she felt something squeeze her butt.

"What the…?" She turned around again to see the man halfway up the stairs talking to another man with a rat- no, ponytail, it was a bit thicker, and white…must have bleached it, and he was…staring at her…weird, not in disgust, amusement or anything she could place a finger on, just…weird.

The black haired man turned to follow his friend's gaze to her, where he smiled again.

She turned sharply and headed to the turnstiles, having bought her return ticket earlier.

`Rude bastard, him and his friend.' She had never been groped before, thank God, and she never wanted it to happen again. And the way that guy stared at her…bastards. They were just the icing on a miserable day. Hojo, then them, all cause she didn't want to be the stupid little goody-goody anymore. Sure, going to the movies when she wasn't suppose to wasn't all that big of a step, but it was a start, and after that se could have gone on to other things and then start to…what? What was she aiming for anyway…? It wasn't as if she knew that her classmates were going to be at the movies, and even if they were how would they know she was rebelling, or why should they care? Was getting in trouble for something so stupid worth it…? Maybe this was just part of being a teen, adults were always going on about that, about "mixed emotions" and "confused feelings".

Oh well, she had a whole Sunday to worry about that.

________________

I realize how cliché this is going to turnout, but that hasn't stopped hundreds of other writers from posting now has it? Send questions and childhood issues to wired_syirm@yahoo.com.

Disclaimer: At least I don't THINK I own it…