InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Timing ❯ Bad Timing ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Bad Timing

A/N: I know I said that I was doing a ‘Reunion’ chapter next, but this idea came to me out of the blue and I couldn’t resist. Don’t worry, it’s short, but not sweet. As usual, I don’t own Inuyasha.

The young man stood looking at the freshly turned earth that composed a filled grave. Grief controlled his thoughts. ’I promised that I would find you, Kagome. Before that damn jewel took you away from me, I promised that if I lived, I would find you. And that if I died, my reincarnation would.’ He threw back his head and wailed his grief. “Damn it, it’s not fair!” he screamed to the heavens.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to look into the eyes of a middle aged man who was there to mourn the untimely death of his wife. “I know.” the man said, through his grief. “I miss her, too.” He put his arm around the young man’s shoulders. “Come on son. Let’s let your mother rest in peace.”

As the young man allowed himself to be led away by his father, he looked back at the grave. ‘I could never tell you that I had found you, Kagome. A son is not supposed to love his mother that way.’

A/N: Told you it was short. I had thought of a much longer piece, but decided that this was enough. Hope you enjoyed it. Fyrloche