InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Timing ❯ Chapter 2 : A Mother's Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
A Mother's Love
 
A/N: My thanks to Inufan625 for nominating the first chapter of this as best short. This is a follow-up to that section of this story. I have plans for other bad reincarnation stories. Well, on to this one. As usual, I don't own Inuyasha.
 
The young man sat under the Goshinboku looking at the sealed letter in his hands. His father had given it to him after they had returned home from the graveside.
 
“Your mother wanted me to give this to you.” His father had said.
 
The young man, Inuyasha's reincarnation and Kagome's son, had left his father's house to be alone while he read the words that his mother had written. His mind wasn't really on where he was going until he saw the limbs of the God tree rising above his grandmother's home. He knew that there was the perfect spot to read Kagome's last words to him.
 
`My dearest son, If you are reading this then I have passed on. I won't ask you not to grieve; I know you too well, even better than you think. I think back on the years that I watched you grow and there were times when you were so much trouble that I wished that I could say “Oswari!” again.' The young man dropped the letter.
 
`She knew?' Quickly, he picked the letter up from the ground and re-read those words before continuing past them.
 
`Yes, Inuyasha, I knew who you were from the moment you were born. At first, I was angry, not at you, but at the kami's for their treachery and cruelty. Then I realized what a gift I had been given. I had the chance to love you with all my heart and give you all the love that you had deserved when you had lived before. It didn't matter that I would never hold you in my arms as a lover; I got to hold you in my arms as so much more. I thought about telling you that I knew when I realized that you had gained the memories from your earlier life but decided that if you felt wrong about telling me, I would honor your silence. I know that you are probably mad at me right now but while I would have originally preferred to be your mate, I have no regrets being your mother. Our souls are bound together, Inuyasha. I know that we will see each other again and have another chance at love. Until then, I love you. Your mother, Kagome.'
 
Inuyasha re-read the letter with tears in his eyes as he thought about how much Kagome had loved him and how much he had loved her. “You're right, Kagome.” He said softly. “We will see each other again, I promise.” He looked up at the sky through the branches of the Goshinboku. “Good-bye, mother, and thank you for your love. I love you, too.”
 
A/N: I hope that you enjoyed this. See ya', Fyrloche.