InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Youkai (original) ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey! Some of you guys might remember me from fanfiction.net as Inuyashachic515. Anyway, this is my story and I hope you enjoy it. There are some problems with it, I know, but I would appreciate it if you would review and give me some suggestions. I've already completed the fic, but I'm willing to make some changes. Let me know which pairing you like best. Please r + r!
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Battle of the Youkai Prologue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"Get your damn claws off o' her!"
 
"I wouldn't be talkin', dog-turd."
 
A certain raven-haired beauty watched helplessly as the two men she cared about fought over her.
 
"Inuyasha," she yelled, scared for his life, yet her heart was torn, as she cared for Kouga, also. Kouga had the advantage, with Inuyasha still badly wounded after fighting with his half brother, Sesshoumaru. Though, Kouga was in danger, as Inuyasha would not give up easily.
 
"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, realizing for the first time since the battle began that she was still there. "Get the hell out of here, stupid wench! Take Shippo and go to Miroku and Sango!"
 
Nodding, Kagome plucked Shippo off of the ground and quickly ran off to where she her other companions, Sango and Miroku, had set up camp.
 
Kouga stared after the girl's retreating back, waiting to make sure she was safe, giving Inuyasha the chance to attack.
 
"Don't look at Kagome that way!" Inuyasha yelled, misinterpreting Kouga's look.
 
Inuyasha gripped Tetsusaiga tightly and prepared his famous attack, to knock down his sole rival in love.
 
"Stop, Inuyasha…." Kouga's gaze turned away from Kagome and turned towards Inuyasha as he addressed him. Walking forward, Kouga continued. "I challenge you to a contest."
 
The dog youkai stared at his opponent, confused and shocked that his opponent was trying to talk his way out of battle. "Why the hell should I listen to you?"
 
"Think carefully, dog-turd, though it must be difficult for a pea-brain like you." Kouga spit in disgust. "I can easily dodge your wimpy attacks, with you limping and whimpering like a newborn puppy. You don't stand a chance."
 
Growling at the insults he just received, Inuyasha weighed his options. 'He does have an advantage, with those jewel shards boosting his power.' Swearing, Inuyasha looked down at his haori soaked in scarlet liquid. 'I've lost blood, too, giving me a very bad disadvantage.'
 
Admitting defeat to himself, Inuyasha decided to hear what Kouga had to say. "I'm listenin'." He said cautiously.
 
Smirking, Kouga's ego inflated as his opponent practically surrendered. "I say, let us see who she cares for more. At the end of two weeks, we ask her who she wants to mate with. Winner gets her, loser backs away, never interrupting again." 'She'll pick me for sure, once she sees what the mutt is really like.'
 
Inuyasha thought carefully about this proposal. 'Hmmm. This could work… but what if Kagome,' Inuyasha thought with alarm. 'No! Kagome would never go for that pathetic wolf. And… if he's out of the picture…' Inuyasha smirked at his next thought. 'Then she's all mine.'
 
"Ok. Deal," Inuyasha said, sticking out his hand.
 
Shaking the offered hand, Kouga thought of his future with Kagome, his love.
 
'May the best demon win.'