InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Youkai (original) ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Battle of the Youkai Chapter 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
The next morning…
 
"Mmmm…Inuyasha." Kagome whimpered as she began to wake.
 
Inuyasha smirked, happy it was his name Kagome murmured, not the bastard, Kouga.
 
As if hearing the inu-hanyou's thoughts, Kagome whispered quietly, "Where is Kouga?"
 
Inuyasha growled at hearing his name, but the wolf-youkai in question ran over to Kagome and grasped her hands in his.
 
"Kagome, my love. Let us flee to your home, so that I may meet your parents. After all, it would be impolite if I didn't meet your family before we married."
 
"Ma-ma-marry?" Kagome squeaked, wide-eyed and staring at the male in front of her.
 
Inuyasha jumped down from where he was perched, and roughly pulled Kagome away from Kouga. He embraced her in his arms, making her eyes go even wider. "Kouga, what the hell did you think you were doing, commanding Kagome like that. I'm the only who goes to her home. I'm the only one her family likes. I certainly won't let Kagome go with you alone."
 
Kouga was growling, similar to Inuyasha. Suddenly, he smiled. "Oh really, dog-turd? I'm sure her family would love me even more. Besides, what do you think you always do? Ask her quietly to do something, like I, or snap at her impatiently to do something?"
 
At the moment, Inuyasha paused, thinking about an answer, Kouga reached and grabbed Kagome out his arms, but not fast enough so that Inuyasha didn't grab her back.
 
Having enough, Kagome almost lost her patience. "Stop. Kouga, get your arm off of my waste. Inuyasha, stop smothering me so that I can't breathe." The two immediately obeyed her, blushing slightly. "Now. I know you both want to go, but I have to somehow manage this. I mean, I can't walk around in broad daylight with two youkai."
 
The youkai didn't miss a beat, and both objected to what she said. "What?! You mean you're taking that bastard/jerk!"
 
Kagome, not meaning to offend them said, "Well…I didn't want to offend either of you. Besides, I can probably just buy you two some clothes…and hats." She added looking them up and down. She blushed, and decided to add something. "Um… I know you didn't know this, but the Sakura festival is tomorrow (A/N sorry if someone else had this, I thought it was sweet since you know, cherry blossoms-love…ok…maybe that's just me. Anyway…) so maybe we could go."
 
'Hmmm….' Inuyasha was thinking, wondering about this festival. He'd been to one before, but they seemed to each have a different meaning. "Kagome. What's the point of this festival? What is the significance?"
 
"Well," Kagome started to stutter, embarrassed, "W-well…it's the f-festival o-of, um, l-l-lovers." Kagome blushed deeply.
 
Both youkai smiled widely.
 
Kouga was the first to respond. "So, I guess this makes us lovers, right?"
 
Inuyasha snorted, "Yeah, right, lover-boy. I'm SO sure she'd wanna go with you when she could go with me. She just can't resist me."
 
Inuyasha flexed, making Kagome blush harder, and Kouga start to growl. "Heh! Yeah! Kagome's relationship with you hasn't exactly been sweet, so unlike mine and hers. Our love is ever blooming."
At this, Inuyasha fell to the ground laughing. "Yeah right, jerk! Hah!"
 
'Kagome, you better stop this,' she thought to herself.
 
"Um…Inuyasha, Kouga…can you stop. I don't know what's gotten into you two, but maybe we can go as just friends." 'Yeah, just friends,' she reassured herself, unable to believe what she was saying, nonetheless.
 
Both of the youkai thought differently, though. 'I'll be so good to her, she'll regret saying we're just friends,' Kouga thought triumphantly. Inuyasha thought similarly. 'At this festival, I'm gonna prove to her that we aren't "just friends".'
 
Both of them thought one thing after, though, 'What will she do if she finds out about the bet?'