InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Do ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two

A/N: I don't own Inuyasha.

Inuyasha waited by the well, impatiently. "Damn it, Shippou! Where are you?" he muttered. He had told the kitsune to be at the well 2 hours after lunch. It was past that time. If the kitsune didn't hurry up, he was going to leave without him. After a couple more minutes, Inuyasha decided that he had given Shippou enough time and slung his leg over the side of the well, preparing to drop in. Suddenly, he heard a voice call out behind him.

"Inuyasha! Wait!"

He turned to see Shippou running as hard as he could to catch him. When he got to Inuyasha, he bent over to catch his breath. "Sorry for being late, Inuyasha." he panted.

"About time you got here." Inuyasha growled. "I was about to leave without you."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to look good for Kagome's mother and I thought that her little brother might like to see me in my ninja suit." He turned to model it. "See! I got everything." Shippou had put on his entire ninja suit, even his practice sword was strapped to his back.

"Fine, runt. So now you look good for Kagome's family. Let's go!" This said, he picked up Shipou by the scruff of his neck and placed him on his shoulder. "Now, hang on!" he ordered as he dropped to the bottom of the well. Blue light flared as they neared the bottom, and after a mmoment of feeling like time standing still, Inuyasha landed lightly on the bottom of the well in Kagome's time. "See, runt. Nothin' to it."

Shippou looked up and saw the roof over the top of the well, instead of open sky. "Wwooaahhh!" he said, slowly. "Are we in mama-Kagome's time?"

"Of course, baka!" Inuyasha reached up and rapped him on the head, lightly. "Where else would we be."

"Well, then, let's go surprise mama-Kagome!"

Inuyasha grinned and gathered himself to leap out of the well. "Yeah, let's do that." he said as he jumped. As he landed, though, his instincts kicked into overdrive. Something didn't feel right. He sniffed. There were several strange scents in the air of the well house. He growled and put his hand on Tessaiga.

"What's wrong, Inuyasha?" asked Shippou, from his shoulder.

"Quiet, runt! Something's wrong here. There are some scents that don't belong." He scanned the well house and noticed a shadow that seemed deeper than it should have been. He let his gaze pass over it, without giving any reaction and suddenly leaped straight at the shadow. He felt his hand connect with the front of an outfit. He closed his fist on it and dragged a struggling man out into the open. Inuyasha picked him up by the throat and growled in his face. "All right! Who are you?"

The man's eyes widened behind the mask he was wearing as he got a good look at Inuyasha. "A youkai!" he exclaimed. "You really are a youkai!"

"A hanyou." Inuyasha corrected. "Not that it makes any difference to you! Now, answer me! Who are you and what are you doing in this well house?" Suddenly, a thought ran through his head. HIs eyes narrowed, "How did you get in here? Kagome's family doesn't allow people in here." He shook the man. "Have you done something to them? Answer me!"

In his rising anger, Inuyasha wasn't paying close attention to his surroundings. Another shadow detached itself from the wall behind him and leveled a gun shaped object at the hanyou's back. He pulled the trigger and two thin wires shot out of the gun to embed in Inuyasha's firerat hakama. "Wha.." was all he had time to say before the electricity hit him. "Aaarhh!" he and Shippou screamed as they convulsed from the power that hit them. Inuyasha fell to his knees when the tazer finished its discharge. Shippou fell off his shoulder to the ground in front of him.

"Ooohhh!" Shippou groaned, as he sat up. "That was like getting hit by lightning."

Inuyasha looked at the man who had shot him with the tazer. Slowly, he climbed back to his feet. "I don't know what type of sorcerer you are," he panted, "but you are going to pay for that." He took an unsteady step toward the man, who was growing alarmed when another ninja came out of the shadows and leveled another tazer at Inuyasha. Inuyasha howled in rage and pain as another jolt of electricity hit him, forcing him down to his hands and knees. After the weapon finished with it's charge, he began climbing to his feet again. The man that he had dropped pulled a tazer from his clothing and was about to shoot Inuyasha with it.

"Amazing!" he marveled. "He's still trying to stand." He looked down at the tazer he was holding. "But this should put him down. Get ready to tie him up." he ordered the other two. As he was about to pull the trigger though, he was interupted by a cry of "Oh, no you don't! Kitsune-bi!" He cried out in pain as a shuriken, bathed in flame, embedded itself in his tazer and burned his hands. He looked to see what appeared to be a small child in ninja clothing, holding another shuriken. "Get him!" he yelled.

"AAhh!" Shippou yelled as he began dodging the men who were trying to catch him. He reached into his suit and pulled out a handful of leaves and caltrops and threw them into the air. The leaves became copies of him and the caltrops landed on the floor. The copies began running around and as the two ninjas chased them in confusion, they stepped on the caltrops. They both fell to the floor with screams of pain that went silent as the sleeping potion that coated the points of the caltrops took effect.

While Shippou distracted the ninja's, Inuyasha had a chance to recover. "Ya' know what?" he growled, drawing the attention of the first ninja. "You have seriously pissed me off." He punched the unfortunate ninja in the face hard enough to throw him across the well house and onto some of Shippou's caltrops. Several of them embedded themselves into his back. He didn't feel them though since he was already unconcious.

The copies of Shippou vanished with a popping sound and the real Shippou leaped to Inuyasha's shoulder. "Inuyasha! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, Shippou. I'm fine. Like these guys could really hurt me." He looked at the kitsune on his shouder out of the corner of his eye. "Ya' know, you did pretty good..... for a runt."

Shippou swelled with indignation. "I did better than pretty good."

Inuyasha laughed at the kitsune. "Yeah, you did." He sobered. "We need to see if Kagome and her family are all right. Let's go!" 'Kagome! If they have hurt you, I'll kill every one of them.' he thought, as he rushed out the well house door towards the house.

8888888888888888888888888888888

The leader of the squad of ninjas that were guarding the inside of the house listened as the sounds of fighting in the well house faded away. He expected to see one of his kinsmen come to the door and wave for them to come help with the unconcious husband of the young woman that they had come to get. What he saw was a very irate hanyou moving towards the back door of the house at top speed. He had barely started to turn to warn his men when the back door came crashing open and he was sent flying into the wall to be knocked unconcious.

Inuyasha's mind registered the presence of the unconcious ninja in Kagome's kitchen. 'Damn!' he thought. 'More of them!' "Kagome!" he yelled. "Where are you?"

His shout drew the attention of the other ninjas. Two drew their swords and charged out of the living room to the kitchen. When Inuyasha saw them, he drew Tessaiga. He growled in frustration as Tessaiga wouldn't transform. 'It won't transform when I'm fighting humans!' he thought. 'I'll just use it as a regular sword then.' The Tessaiga may have looked like a battered old katana but it was still a strong blade. It held no edge in its untransformed state, but it was more than capable of incapacitating an opponent with a well placed strike. Inuyasha used his strength and speed to knock the swords from the hands of his opponents with the Tessaiga. He used the momentum of his blow to leap into the air with a roundhouse kick that knocked both ninja through a wall and into unconciousness. When he saw the damage he had done, he cringed. 'Oh, man! Kagome's mom is going to kill me!' Further thoughts along this line became secondary when a pair of shuriken thudded into his hakama. The ninja at the head of the stairs looked on in shock as his shuriken bounced off Inuyasha's firerat hakama. He turned to run only to be hit between the eyes with Shippou's boken.

Inuyasha had tossed Shippou up to Kagome's window, just in case there had been more of the ninjas inside the house. He had wanted to keep his mate's adopted son out of the fighting. Shippou had heard the fighting downstairs and had snuck into the hallway. He had crept up behind the ninja at the head of the stairs and had leapt up to hit him in the back of the head when the ninja had turned around and caught the shot right between the eyes. He dropped like a sack of rocks. Shippou went to the top stair and looked down at Inuyasha with a grin of triumph on his face.

Inuyasha just shook his head and said, "Come on, runt! You can gloat later. We gotta find Kagome!"

Shippou leapt down the stairs to follow Inuyasha into the living room. Inuyasha had stopped when he entered the room, so Shippou peered around his legs to get a look at what was in the room. There was a couch on the far side of the room and three people were seated on it, a pretty lady, an old man, and a young boy. There were also two ninja in the room. They were behind the three people on the couch and had weapons drawn. Inuyasha was obviously wanting to attack but didn't want to hurt the people on the couch.

'Inuyasha needs a distraction.' Shippou thought. Suddenly, he yelled, "Grandma!" and ran toward the woman on the couch, jumping up for her to catch him. As he jumped into the air, he threw one of his sleep potion coated shuriken at the ninja directly behind the woman.

Shippou's yell distracted the ninja just enough that Inuyasha was able to cross the room before the remaining ninja could react. Inuyasha felt the man's jaw break under the force of his punch and watched with satisfaction as the man hit the floor, not to move again. He turned to Kagome's mother, who was holding Shippou with a look of shock on her face. "Higurasi-sama, are you alright? Are there any more ninja? Is Kagome alright? Where is she?"

Mrs. Higurashi gulped air for a moment and then spoke. "Oh, Inuyasha! They took Kagome with them!"

Inuyasha growled. "They? Who is they?"

"The man in charge of these ninja." Mrs. Higurashi gestured to the unconcious men. "He said that he was taking her to see the elder, whoever that is." She looked at Inuyasha with wide eyes. "Inuyasha, he knew!"

"Knew what?" asked the confused hanyou.

"He knew about the well! And he knew about you, too!"

A/N: I hope that you enjoyed that. Next installment will be in a couple of weeks. See ya'.