InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Say ❯ Chapter 10 : The Healing Begins ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter ten

A/N: I don't own Inuyasha. But my daughters bought the game! Sorry for the delay, but life has been strange lately. This chapter is a little short but I will try to get another up soon. Thanks for all the great reviews! Remember, I don't mind criticism. It is the only way to improve!

Time passed slowly. After what seemed an eternity, the elder returned with the antidote to the poison. "This works in two parts," explained the elder. "The first is to drink to remove the poison from the blood. The second part is more difficult. The wound must be scrubbed out and the neutreulizing agent applied to remove the poisonous sap. With a wound such as this, it will be agonizing as well as dangerous. Because of this, I have ordered chains brought to secure the hanyou's arms while we work on his wound. It will be safer for us in case he gives in to the pain and attacks."

Kagome's face had turned pale during the elders explaination, until he mentioned the chains. "No chains!" both she and Inuyasha exclaimed.

The elder looked at them both with an exasperated look on his face. "There is no reason for this dissent. I have spoken on the matter. You," he looked at Kagome, "need to remember, that as a member of my clan, my word is law. And you," looking at Inuyasha," need to think, Hanyou. This will be a painful process. You could lose control of your instincts and kill someone here!"

Kagome's expression said that she had more she wanted to say, but she held her tongue. Inuyasha didn't. "I will not be bound up like some kind of animal! I can deal with the pain!" he said, through clenched teeth.

The elder looked at him again and said, "Hanyou, this is not open to debate! You will wear the chains! And, as you are too weak to fight us, you have no choice."

At this time, the men arrived with the chains. "Bind him." ordered the elder. "But, be mindful of his wound. Do not make him more uncomfortable than he has to be."

Inuyasha looked at the elder with surprise in his eyes. The elder returned his look. "I am not an unfeeling person." explained the elder. "The chains are for our safety only, not to add an extra burden to you, Hanyou."

"Now to begin. First, here is the draught that you must drink." The elder held a cup of liquid to Inuyasha's lips. "You must drink it all."

Knowing how medicine tasted, Inuyasha stiffened and took a cautious sip. His eyes widened in surprise, and he drank the rest quickily. The elder, watching his face, chuckled and said, "Expecting something vile, eh. We always put medicine in a mixture of honey and sweet wine. It helps our healers to get the medicine into reluctant patients. There is a pain killer in there as well, to take the edge off the next phase of this."

"I do not have the skills to do this next procedure, but our healer does. Nagura, come forward." called the elder.

A middle aged man stepped forward, and bowed to Kagome, Sango, and Miroku. "I am Nagura, the senior healer and teacher of healing at this compound. I will do whatever is in my small skill to heal your companion."

The elder smiled at the healer. "Don't let his humble comments fool you! My son is the best healer in a generation. He has brought several of our people back from the edge of death! Now, we must leave so that he can work, undisturbed."

Kagome stepped forward. "Nagura-sama, can I stay with you? I have treated wounds and can stand the sight of blood. And ... I want to be here, for him, in case you can't help him." the last was said in a low whisper.

The healer looked at her and smiled with compassion. "You may stay, child. But you must obey me at all times. If I tell you to leave, you will leave."

"Now, everyone but my assisstants and Kagome, OUT! We have work to do."