InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Say ❯ Chapter Fourteen: To Die and Live Again ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Fourteen

A/N: I don't own Inuyasha. At this time, my head is still attached to my shoulders! (Though my 13 year old tried to remove it!) A good author leaves them hanging (or choking, in this case). "Evil grin" Just wait, I'm not done with this rollercoaster yet! Enjoy!

Nagura began snapping orders at his assistants, but before they could comply, Inuyasha's eyes snapped open. They were blood red! Purple stripes appeared on his cheeks and his claws elongated and he began to thrash about even more violently than before!

Nagura's eyes widened in shock and fear. "Get away from him!" he shouted. Nagura didn't know what had happened, but he wasn't going to risk his apprentices with this ... animal!

"What's wrong with you!?" Kagome screamed. "He's dying! Do something!"

Nagura looked at Kagome. He put his arms around her and pulled her away from the convulsing hanyou. "There is nothing we can do now. I can't risk my people. His fate is in the hands of the gods." Nagura told her softly, his voice full of compassion for her.

"NO!" screamed Kagome, struggling against him. " I can help him! Let me go!"

"No! You are not going to get yourself killed by that...that thing! I don't care if you do feel responsible for him, I'm not going to let that beast hurt you!" yelled Nagura.

"HE WON'T HURT ME!" bellowed Kagome.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!" Nagura bellowed back.

At this point, the strain on the chain holding Inuyasha's right arm became to much for it. It broke with a resounding CRACK. The force of the release was so great, that Inuyasha rolled to his left, off the table. He hit the floor with a loud thud. He convulsed one more time and lay still. His head rolled to the side, his eye's half open and lifeless. The red faded from his eyes, the stripes left his cheeks, and his claws retracted to their normal length.

"INUYASHA!" screamed Kagome. "Let me go! Please, I can still help him!"

"Child, he is gone!" said Nagura gently. "Come with me, my assistants will dispose..."

"NO! I will help him, and you can't stop me!" Kagome stomped on his instep and brought her elbow back hard.

Nagura gasped and let her go, not expecting the sudden attack. "Get her!"

At this time, the elder, Sango and Miroku rushed into the room.

________________________________________________________________ _____________________

Back in time, a few minutes

The elder, Sango, and Miroku were deep in conversation, discussing the revelations from earlier. Suddenly, the door flew open and one of Nagura's assistant's ran in. "Elder! Something has gone wrong! The demon has gone crazy!"

The three leaped to their feet. "Elder, we must get Inuyasha's sword to him immediately!" exclaimed Miroku. "It is the only thing that can control him!"

The elder looked at Miroku and noded. "Go to the armory and get the hanyou's sword! Meet us at the audience chamber!" the elder instructed the assistant. "Your friend had better not have injured my son or my other kinsman. If he has, I'll execute him myself!"

"Let's go and prevent that from happening, then!" called Sango from the door. Miroku and the elder were on her heels as she ran down the hall.

________________________________________________________________ _____________________

"Kagome! Inuyasha! Oh gods, no!" cried Sango, as she took in the scene. Miroku was struck dumb by the sight of his friend lying on the floor. 'Oh, Buddha! Accept his soul and give him peace.' was all he could think.

Kagome saw her friends and her heart leaped with hope. "Sango! Miroku! Keep these people off me! I can still save him!"

Kagome rushed to Inuyasha. Quickly, she straddled him and placed her hands under his ribs. 'Oh God! Please let this work!' Her first push wasn't hard enough, she was afraid of doing it wrong. Her second push came from desperation, it was harder and suddenly the piece of wood shot from Inuyasha's mouth and struck a surprised Yoshi in the chest. Scrambling off of the hanyou, she went to his head. It scared her that his eyes were so dull, she had to work fast! Desperately, she tried to remember everything that her health teacher had taught her about CPR. She tilted Inuyasha's head back and pressed her lips to his and blew into his mouth, watching his chest to see if it was rising. When it did, she quickly took another breath and did it again. Lifting her head, she took her two first fingers and felt for his pulse in his neck. There! His heart was still beating, very weakly, but it was there! All she had to do was concentrate on getting him to breath again. She tilted his head back again and began breathing for Inuyasha at a steady rate, once about every 5 seconds. Suddenly, Inuyasha gasped on his own! Kagome sat back and began crying with relief. It had worked! Inuyasha was still alive! Slowly, she became aware of the stares of the people around her. Even Sango and Miroku were looking at her strangely. She smiled weakly. "It's alright everyone. Inuyasha will be alright now. I told you I could help him." As she said this, the reaction set in, and she passed out, falling across the still living Inuyasha.

A/N: Are we having fun yet!? I love a good cliffhanger ( at least when I'm writing it)! More to come soon!

Oh yes, please review. I like to know what you think and if you think there is anything I need to do to improve. Thanks.