InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What You Say ❯ Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected Guests ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Sixteen

A/N: I don't own Inuyasha. If I did, I would have rabid fans after me. So happy that you have showed up for the next installment, I'll try to make this chapter longer. I had a terrible headache the day I finished 15 and was ready to end it. Hard to think straight when your head is pounding. So, if everyone is ready, we will continue with the torture.

"Hold, child!" A hard voice called to her, bringing her up short. "I will NOT tolerate such antics from you! You are to marry soon!"

The elder and Nagura stood in the doorway. Both radiated disapproval of the scene they had just witnessed.

Kagome's face turned white, Sango glared at the speaker, and Inuyasha began growling low in the back of his throat. Miroku is still out cold.

"I'm sorry, Elder. I was just so happy to see him..."

"I thought we had cleared this up..."

"Nobody tells Kagome what to do! What gives you the right..."

"Enough!" roared the elder. "Kagome, I will overlook this incident this time, because of your happiness at your friend's recovery. However, it must not happen again! You will be married soon, and it is unseemly for you to be kissing someone other than your intended!"

"I've had about enough of you, old man! I don't care what Kagome promised for the cure to that poison, you have no right to order her around..." began Inuyasha.

"I have every right!" cut in the elder. "By her word, she promised to become a member of my clan and to marry someone of my choosing!"

"Are ye still up to that, Toshiro?" asked an elderly voice driely from the door. "I would have thought that ye would have given that up by now!"

The elder's eyes widened in shock as he spun around. "Kaeda?" he breathed, as he looked at the elderly miko standing in the door. "By the gods, is that you? Your here?"

The woman's single eye twinkled in amusement. "Indeed, Toshiro. Ye still have a way of stating the obvious."

Toshiro gave a small shout of joy and rushed to the miko, gathering her in for a hug and spinning her around.

Four jaws drop. Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango, and Nagura are all in a state of shock. Suddenly, a red fur ball hits Kagome in the chest, nearly knocking her over. "Kagome!" came the joyful shout. Kagome and the others come out of the daze that they were in as the happy kitsune hugs Kagome and begins babbling.

"Shippo!" exclaims Kagome. "Slow down! What are you and Kaeda doing here?"

"Dog boy over there tricked me and we went looking for him before he killed himself with his stubbourness!" Shippo explained, glaring at Inuyasha. Then his face fell a little. "I thought that he was beginning to like me and I let my guard down and he snuck off."

Kagome began to glare at Inuyasha for hurting the little kitsune's feelings and saw something she didn't expect to see.

Strangely, Inuyasha looked regretful as Shippo said the last part. He sighed and thought to himself, 'If I can tell Kagome how I feel, then I guess I might as well tell him, too.' "Shippo." Inuyasha said softly to get his attention.

The fox demon's eyes widened slightly at Inuyasha's tone of voice. He had expected yelling!

"Look. I'm not good at this, so don't expect too much. I'm sorry I tricked you. I had to follow Kagome so I lied to get you to leave. I didn't like it too much, but I felt that it was for the best." He reached out and rullfled the hair on Shippo's head. "Besides, since I followed them, I was able to get the antidote right away."

"So your cured! Great!" crowed Shippo. "It was sure nice of them to give it to you, Inuyasha!"

A change fell over Kagome, Inuyasha, and Sango. "What? What did I say?" asked the Shippo.

"They didn't give it to us, Shippo." said Sango. "They demanded a price and Kagome agreed to pay it."

"Not if I have any say in it!" growled Inuyasha.

Kagome sighed. "That's the problem, Inuyasha. You don't. I made the promise, and I'll keep it." 'Even if it breaks my heart.'

At this moment, they are disturbed by a groan from the floor. Miroku opened his eyes to see Kaeda still in the embrace of the elder. He sits up slowly and takes in the fact that Shippo is there, as well. Looking back at Toshiro and Kaeda, he raised an eyebrow. "It appears that somethings have happened during my ... nap." he states looking at Sango. "Could someone tell me what is going on?"

A/N : That's all for now. I'll get back with you soon.