InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beauty and the Beast, Inuyasha Style!! ❯ Yura, part 2 ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 11

*~*~*~*~*

(Kagome and Inuyasha are making their way down a dark, windowless hall, with many large metal doors on either side. Inuyasha carries a torch and Kagome shivers involuntarily as she realises this is the old prison.)

Kagome (timidly): Inuyasha...you're not thinking of hiding me down here are you?

Inuyasha: Huh? What's wrong with it?

(Kagome jumps slightly as she realises he does mean to hide her here.)

Kagome (protesting): Wh..what's wrong with it? Are you nuts. It's dark, and eerie, and probably full of bugs and mice and other creepy things!

(Inuyasha stops before one of the heavy doors with a small barred window in it. all around the entrance it is free of hairs.)

Inuyasha: Good. I knew she's miss at least one cell down here.

(He straightens to let her off but Kagome hangs onto him for dear life.)

Kagome: I...Inuyasha!!

(Inuyasha tries to pry her free.)

Inuyasha (annoyed): Hey! Stop wining. This is the prison, prisoners are supposed to stay down here. You're only lucky I let you stay upstairs with us.

(He manages to free himself and Kagome drops to the ground rather sharply.)

Kagome (rubbing bottom): Owww...

Kagome (angry): Hey! I thought you said you wouldn't drop me!

Inuyasha (crossing arms): Keh! You deserved it. Now stop complaining and get in there.

(He points to the room which is dark and apparently underground as the back of it is made of hard natural clay, not mason's stone. There are no windows or natural light of any kind. Kagome shivers and looks up beseechingly at Inuyasha who sets the torch in a holder just inside the cell door.)

Inuyasha (annoyed): What now? I said, I'll come get you out as soon as soon as it's over, now stop whining!

(He steps back a bit as Kagome's face changes into one of pure hatred. Realising he's not going to change his mind, she glares at him before storming over to a corner and sitting down to pout.)

Kagome (Angry): Inuyasha, I'm not going to forgive you for this! I was wrong if I thought that even for a minute you could be a nice guy.

(At first Inuyasha just stands their, either still taken aback by her glare, or slightly surprised/hurt at her words. After a moment though, he recovers and pulls his trademark "arms folded over chest" move.)

Inuyasha: Keh! If you think that, maybe I will be a bad guy and leave you down here to rot. Humf.

(With that he turns and leaves, closing the cell door behind him. In the cell, Kagome stays down in a corner and wraps Inuyasha's coat around her for warmth, pouting angrily.)

*~*~*~*~*

Shippo: AHHH!

(He gets tossed around the courtyard by a bundle of hair and Kirara uses her fire to free herself from her own bonds. Tanuki gets caught, but transforms to break the hair and they all end up landing, back to back in the center of the courtyard.)

Shippo: Ah! There's too many! What can we do?

(Kirara growls as some hair wraps around her neck and pulls her into the air. It tightens it's grasp to strangle her when suddenly Inuyasha appears, using his claws to slash it all to bits. The two demons land beside Shippo and Tanuki, sizing up their situation.)

Shippo: Inuyasha! Where's Kagome?

Inuyasha (mutters): She's safe.

Inuyasha (Yelling): YURA YOU BITCH! COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELF!!!

(Suddenly several hair cords grab Inuyasha by his wrists and ankles, yank him into the air and suspend him in a spread eagle position. Inuyasha struggles with his bonds until the light sound of laughter is heard from above. In a steak of motion something dives out of the sky, slashing Inuyasha as it passes. Yura rebounds off her hair web and lands back up on some hairs, level with Inuyasha. He grimaces in pain as Yura licks the blood off her sword, laughing.)

Yura: Ha ha ha. Inuyasha, it's been a while hasen't it?

Inuyasha (angrily): Bitch!! What do you want this time?

(Yura tilts her head to the side and pouts a little.)

Yura (pouty): Why my dear Inuyasha, you don't seem happy to see me at all.

Inuyasha: Well duh!

Yura (menacingly): ...It's because of that other wench isn't it? You love her more than you love me!

(Inuyasha is obviously surprised by this, but tries to cover it up by looking away.)

Inuyasha (looking away): ...don't know what you're talking about...

Yura (patronising): Now, now Inuyasha, don't lie. Naraku told me you were keeping a girl here as a prisoner.

Inuyasha (surprised): ...!!... ...NARAKU!

Yura: Uh huh. A girl who's been living with you for the last three months. I'm a bit disappointed in you Inuyasha. Falling for some lousy commoner, it's not very becoming of a young prince.

Inuyasha: Wait, where did you meet Naraku?

Yura: Oh? Ummmmm...I forgot...

(She slides up close to Inuyasha, who pulls his head away from her.)

Yura (seductively): I might remember though, if you agreed to marrying me, making me your queen.

Yura: (dreamily): Oh just think of it, a demon queen of noble birth, with her handsome and strong demon king by her side. We'd be invincible!!

Inuyasha (tearing his bonds): Go to hell!

(He frees his right hand and draws Tetsuiga, slashing at Yura who jumps up to avoid the blow. He cuts his foot bonds free and swings after her on the last rope of hair, slashing madly at the ropes that threaten to bind him again. Yura jumps up out of his range, above him.)

Yura: What Inuyasha? You don't still want to become a weak human again do you? Awwe that's no fun. I like this form much better.

Yura (jumping off over the roof): I will destroy that girl and make sure you never become a human again!

Inuyasha: Shit...Kirara!!

(On cue the large cat flies up and Inuyasha catches onto it's fur as it carries him after Yura.)

*~*~*~*~*

(Meanwhile in the cell, Kagome pouts under Inuyasha's coat, looking creeped out and angry.)

Kagome: Really! That jerk! If he thinks I'm going to stay in here any longer he must be nuts!

(She looks up ruefully at the solid, heavy metal door with no inner handle. She sighs.)

Kagome:...I hope Inuyasha finishes soon. Humf. If he hurts himself, I'm not going to bandage him up this time!

(Suddenly Kagome realises something and gets worried.)

Kagome (worried): ... What if Inuyasha really does get hurt, and it's serious. Then, who knows how long I'll be stuck here...

Kagome: ...Inuyasha...

*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha: YURA!!

(He's running through the halls of the castle, ignoring the detector threads as they snap around him. Up ahead, Yura is running happily as if this is some kind of game. Who knows how long they've been chasing her but it's proabably been at least an hour.)

Yura (taunting): Oh little girl? Little girl? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Inuyasha: You bitch! Get back here!

(Suddenly Tanuki appears at the other end of the hall. Shaking slightly with fear, he turns his back to Inuyasha and Yura.)

Inuyasha: Tanuki, what are you going? Get out of the way!

Tanuki: Transform!

(Tanuki goes giant, blocking the exit to the hall. Suddenly a bunch of Shippos jump out from all sorts of locations and attack Yura. Instead of being angry, Yura only laughs and uses her Katana to start cutting through the fake Shippos. She's about to slash at Tanuki when Inuyasha appears before her and tries to cut her in two with Tetsuiga. She jumps out of the way looking pleased.)

Yura: Oh Inuyasha, you're getting faster! Good, it's more fun that way.

(She smiles and twists the comb in her hand.)

Yura (smiling): By the way, you might want to tell that Tanuki to move soon. Otherwise, you'll all get hurt.

(As she says this the hall behind her fills with black hair, not leaving an inch of opening to get through. Inuyasha realises they're trapped between the hair and Tanuki. The real Shippo jumps onto Inuyasha's shoulder as the hair passes Yura and comes straight at them.)

Shippo: Inuyasha!!

Inuyasha: Tanuki!

(As a last resort Inuyasha grabs Shippo and kicks Tanuki forward as hard as he can. Tanuki shrinks just as the hair reaches them, and all three get swept down the corridors and back into the main hall. It stops and Inuyasha leaps free of the mass of hair carrying Tanuki and Shippo with him.)

Inuyasha (disgusted): *Cough* *cough* Blech! Shippo, Tanuki, you okay?

Shippo (swirls): Ohhh...

Tanuki (rubs behind): Owwww...Master, you kicked me!

Inuyasha (angrily): Serves you right for trying such a risky scheme. What if Yura had decided to cut you in half with her katana! Idiots! Just stay out of it!

Tanuki: Y...you were worried Master? ... ... Oh Master...

(Tanuki starts bawling and Inuyasha looks at him in annoyance and disbelief.)

Inuyasha: H..hey! Gettup! Stop that!

Inuyasha: (sensing danger):...!...Look out!

(He grabs Tanuki by the back of his shirt, and Shippo by his tail, jumping clear. Yura leaps out of the mass of hair gathered by the door, smiling, katana in hand.)

Yura: Ha ha...such a sentimental fool. I probably would have been doing you a favour by killing him...

Inuyasha: That's enough Yura, I'm ending this right here and now!

(He draws Tetsuiga again and charges at her. The mass of hair that was once by the door springs to life and encircles him, spinning madly. Inuyasha stops running as he realises he's been caught in a whirlpool of hair. Suddenly, Yura leaps out of the vortex behind him and slashes him horizontally across the back. In an instant she's gone again, vanishing into the hair. Inuyasha recovers himself and prepares for her next attack.)

Inuyasha: Shit! I don't know where she'll come from...

(She darts across again, this time taking a slice out of Inuyasha's shoulder. He grimaces but manages to react taking off Yura's hand. She screams and the speed of the whirlpool slows to half. Inuyasha makes a big slash with Tetsuiga and leaps out before the gap can close. He lands next to Tanuki and Shippo who look on worriedly.)

Shippo: Inuyasha!

Tanuki: Master!

(Inuyasha doesn't respond as Yura appears before him. Inuyasha doesn't seem shocked to see her hand is back in it's original place, maybe they've fought before and he already knows she's invincible to being slashed. Either way, Yura finally looks pissed and brandishes her katana threateningly.)

Yura: You bastard. You should learn to use more manners before a lady of the court!

Inuyasha: Keh! First you're a demon, now you're a lady. Better make up your mind Yura, you can't be both!

(He charges Yura.)

Inuyasha (yelling): And right now you're just a lousy demon hag!!

Yura: Grrrrrrr ...HOW DARE YOU!

(She charges back and they exchange some blows as Kirara suddenly enters the room from the main doors. Inuyasha and Yura part and Inuyasha glances over to Kirara.)

Inuyasha: Kirara, did you find it?

(Kirara nods and turns to face Yura angrily, as if to say "You're gonna get it now." Inuyasha smiles and puts Tetsuiga away.)

Inuyasha (smiling): Good work Kirara!

Inuyasha (confidently): Say Yura, I've let you play around long enough in my home, so now I'm gonna go cause some damage to yours. Coming?

(He turns with a snicker to Yura as Shippo and Tanuki jump on Kirara and start to ride away down the hall. A second later Inuyasha runs after them.)

Inuyasha: Hey Yura, thanks for setting up such a large net around my castle. It made it really easy to trace the hairs it back to your lair. Hehehe..

(Yura watches him go a moment.)

Yura: Shit!

*~*~*~*~*

(Back in the cell, Kagome sits curled up in the corner, looking like she's sleeping. Slowly she opens her eyes and then pulls Inuyasha's coat around her tighter.

Kagome: Inuyasha...what's taking you so long?

*~*~*~*~*