InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beauty and the Beast, Inuyasha Style!! ❯ Garden Showdown ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 21

*~*~*~*~*

(Kouga's men don't even have time to get to their guns as the doors burst open and demons come running out. Several others fly and jump out of windows, flinging themselves into action. The larger demons go first, using their immense size and weight to scatter the army all over the relatively small courtyard. Two other large demons take the walls, charging along them, shoving men off the edges as they go. Behind these big demons come smaller demons with clubs. They run up to the dazed and flattened men and smack them on the head before they can recover, rendering them unconscious. This plan seems to work like a charm for now, but the battle has only just begun...)

*~*~*~*~*

A little higher up, Inuyasha sits by his window. Whether he is oblivious to the battle going on below him in his state, or just chooses to ignore it we can't tell, yet. A few stray gun blasts ring out, drowning out the distant cries of the mini war below. Inuyasha's ears twitch and flatten reflexively. Smoke drifts up from the courtyard, and another smell.)

Inuyasha (abstractly): ...blood...

(Suddenly his eyes jam open in realization. He sniffs again, horrified and somewhat amazed...)

Inuyasha (worried): T...Tanuki!

(He shakes his head violently and gets up.)

Inuyasha (angrily): What the FUCK am I doing here!!

(Teeth bared, he leaps out the window, and out of sight.)

*~*~*~*~*

(Back at the battle ground, Ginta and Hagguku sit up at the same moment, rubbing their heads.)

Ginta: Owww!

Hagguku: Did anybody get the license of that cart? Eh?

Ginta (pointing): Look out!

(Hagguku turns around just in time to grab the club being swung at his head by one of the monkeys. Surprised, the monkey shrieks and runs away screaming.)

Hagguku (confused): Huh?

(Guess Hagguku wasn't expecting that from a demon. Ginta looks around, searching for someone.)

Ginta (realizing): Hey, where's Kouga?

Hagguku: I dunno...

Ginta: Then what are we waiting for!

(They grab two guns at their side and run for the castle.)

*~*~*~*~*

(In room in the castle that has been set up as a medical centre, Miroku sets the wounded Tanuki gently onto a bed pallet on the ground.)

Shippo (frantic): Tanuki! Tanuki!!

(Tanuki moans incoherently as a de-transformed Shippo jumps on his chest worried. There's a large wound in his shoulder where a fair amount of blood has gathered.)

Miroku (gently): Easy Shippo, it's just his shoulder, he'll be okay...

(He tears a strip off his rob and dabs the wound, Tanuki groans again and looks at Miroku.)

Tanuki (overly breathy): M-master Miroku...will I be able to... cook again...

(Miroku chuckles and smiles at him.)

Miroku: You'll be fine my friend. Don't worry...

(Tanuki looks relieved and slumps back down to the ground.)

Tanuki: Good...because I don't think I would last long as an actor...

(At this Miroku just laughs.)

Miroku: You were great Tanuki. You even gave me goose-bumps. You...

Inuyasha: TANUKI!!

(Miroku is interrupted, and whirls around in surprise at the voice. Sure enough, Inuyasha comes charging out of the darkness, only to slow to a walk as he approaches them. Worry etched on his face.)

Miroku: I...Inuyasha...

(Tanuki looks up in wonder, unable to believe his eyes.)

Tanuki: M-master Inuyasha? Wh...what are you doing here?

(Seeing Tanuki's wound isn't fatal, Inuyasha visibly relaxes and kneels down beside him, a small smile on his face. Miroku's staff is in Inuyasha's hand and it clangs as it hits the floor. When he talks, Miroku is surprised by the quiet, gentle tone in Inuyasha's voice.)

Inuyasha (relieved): What does it look like I'm doing, idiots! What did I tell you about stupid risky schemes? Just stay out of the way next time so you don't get hurt! Keh!

(He tosses his nose in the air, making the usual gesture, and Tanuki starts to sob emotionally.)

Tanuki: Oh you were worried about me Master Inuyasha. Oh thank you...thank you...

(Inuyasha just smirks, and looks at the little group almost fondly, not even trying to fake snobbishness. Tossing the staff, Miroku catches it, a look of surprise still on his face. Inuyasha addresses Tanuki and Shippo.)

Inuyasha (smirking): Feh! You two just stay here. I'm going to go put an end to this... for good.

(Kanna appears beside Tanuki, with a roll of bandages and some water. Inuyasha gets up, still smirking, and walks away while the others watch him with suspicious expressions on their faces. He's acting too nice, too calm, too resolved, too much unlike Inuyasha. Then Inuyasha yells something back as he walks.)

Inuyasha: Oi! Shippo, Tanuki, look after each other okay...

(And he's gone. Miroku continues to gaze after him suspiciously.)

Miroku: ...something isn't right with him...he's planning something...

(Shippo on the other hand, looks horrified.)

Shippo (frantically): Wha...wait, he wouldn't! He can't!!...

(Without another word the little cub takes off, running down the hall in the opposite direction.)

Shippo (yelling): STUPID INUYASHA!! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

*~*~*~*~*

(Meanwhile, outside, things are turning ugly. The other half of the men that were forced to wait outside in the forest, have now moved into the courtyard and some have set up tight firing lines. Several demons have been wounded and maybe even killed, and the remainder are being driven back, highly out numbered. One of the firing lines finishes loading and gets ready to take aim.

Sango: HIRAIGOTSU!!

(Suggenly, the line is scattered as Sango's giant boomerang crashes all through the line, knocking guns and men in every which direction. From the air, Sango catches her giant boomerang again, and watches grimly as an injured demon attacks the chaotic group. Unfortunately, the mantis demon is enraged, and instead of simply knocking them out, begins to attack using it's blade like forearms. Sango cringes at the bloody massacre. Below her Kirara makes an encouraging sound to her.)

Sango: ...I know...they attacked you...but still...

(She shakes her head and spurs Kirara forward, ready to attack a second rifle squad that has been setting up.)

*~*~*~*~*

Shippo: KAGOMEEE!!!

(He opens the door, swinging from the door handle, and then runs over to the bed Kagome is lying on, face down in the pillows.)

Shippo (frantic): Kagome! Inuyasha...Inuyasha's gonna...

Kagome (muffled by pillow): Go away Shippo, I won't go to him! Not until he apologizes for...for...suspecting me like that!!!

(With the last words she raises her head, her face is completely red from crying.)

Kagome: I never did anything wrong and he accuses me of...of...

(She buries her face in her pillow as she starts to cry again. Shippo looks unsure for a moment, then shakes it off. Determination renewed, he jumps onto Kagome's pillow.)

Shippo (desperate): But he's gonna die, Kagome!!

Kagome (in pillow): Inuyasha's too stupid to die...

Shippo (Shakes his head): Nuh-uh! He's gonna let Kouga do him in! He wants to die Kagome. He thinks it's the only way to stop this!!

(Kagome freezez for a moment, before bolting up.)

Kagome (quickly): What do you mean Shippo? What did he say?

Shippo (paniced): He didn't really say it out loud, but I know he means it. He thinks if he dies, then everyone will stop being cursed, and then there won't be any more demons to attack. You've got to stop him Kagome! You have to!! Kagome!!

(He jumps into her arms, crying softly as Kagome quickly sits up, a stunned, disbelieving look on her face. After a moment though, this changes to a firm resolve as she gets up hurries from the room.)

Kagome: Inuyasha.

*~*~*~*~*

(Meanwhile, outside in the back corner of the castle grounds, a lone figure darts from shadow to shadow. Finally, he spots a way in through the kitchen door, and runs for it...)

Kouga (muttering): Bastard, just wait until I find you, Inuyasha. You're gonna pay dearly for what you did to my Kagome...

(He opens the door a crack, ready to steal his way into the castle unnoticed, when he's suddenly interrupted by a voice behind him.)

Inuyasha (annoyed): Oi! Where do you think you're going, asshole?

(Kouga whirls around, startled. There's Inuyasha, standing behind him in the center of a large garden, arms crossed over his chest, a frown on his face instead of his usual feral battle snarl. Kouga seems a little too surprised to talk.)

Inuyasha (menacingly): Come on asshole, if you're looking for me, I'm right here. Let's see what you've got.

(He crouches down into a stance and brandishes his claws. Kouga, however, doesn't react.)

Kouga (annoyed): I'm not looking for you, dog shit, I'm looking for Inuyasha. I don't have time to deal with you now so just get out of here.

(Inuyasha looks a bit taken a back, then shakes it off.)

Inuyasha (angrily): Oi! I AM Inuyasha! What shit are you babbling, or maybe you're just too afraid to fight me now that you've met me in person!

Kouga (laughing): Ha! How could I be afraid of a dog shit like you! I just don't have time, I have to find the real Inuyasha, the fat one with raccoon eyes and mop hair, and finish what I started. If you were the REAL Inuyasha, you would already have a bullet hole through your shoulder.

(That's obviously the wrong button to push, because Inuyasha's eyes go narrow and a feral snarl appears on his face, showing that he really is ready to rip Kouga apart.)

Kouga (oblivious): That bastard's the real Inuyasha. I could tell by his eyes. He's just a blood thirsty demon. Even if he hadn't taken Kagome, I'd still kill him.

(Inuyasha has started growling, as Kouga continues to push all the wrong buttons. At the last one, Inuyasha lashes out at him without warning.)

Inuyasha (charging): Asshole!!

(Inuyasha takes a jump kick at Kouga, flying through the air and smashing the door into bits. Unfortunately, Kouga is quicker than Inuyasha anticipates, and he dives out of the way, rolling into the garden and getting up to his feet. Inuyasha too, is on his feet, flying at Kouga all over again. Kouga draws his sword and starts counter attacking. Inuyasha blocks with his fire rat's coat in a weapon breaking move. Kouga's sword shatters and the next thing he knows, he's being pinned to the outer wall by his neck. His rifle is strapped behind his back, completely useless. Inuyasha snarls at him.)

Inuyasha (squeezing neck): Bastard, what do you know about anyone who lives here huh? I'll rip you're neck out for what you did to Tanuki. I...

(A small gasping sound is heard behind them, one that both men instantly recognize. Slowly, without releasing Kouga, Inuyasha turns around to meet Kagome's gaze.)

*~*~*~*~*

(Meanwhile, back at the battle field, Ginta, Hagguku, and several other unarmed men have been cornered by a massive, lumbering shadow. Ginta turns to Hagguku and swallows.)

Ginta (shaking): Th...this is it man. It was nice knowing you Hagguku...

Hagguku (squeaky): Y...you too man. See you on the other side...

(The lumbering shape, which turns out to be none other then Jinenji, bends down and wraps his arms around the whole group in a giant hug. Hagguku and Ginta scream as they find themselves lifted into the air along with the others.)

Hagguku: I'm too young to die!!

Ginat: Mommy!!

(They kick and thrash. Behind Jinenji, his mother, Yamanba, is giving instructions to him, like one would to a child cleaning up his room.

Yamanba: That's it Jinenji, now take them and drop them down outside the walls. Don't be gentle now, you hear?

Jinenji: Yes momma.

(Hagguku and Ginta continue to scream as Jinenji walks just to the wall, and drops them roughly onto the ground, and then turns away to leave. Hagguku and Ginta continue to cry and scream for several minutes until they suddenly realize...)

Ginta: Hagguku, Hagguku. It's okay, we're alive!!

Hagguku: W...we are? ...(realization)... WE ARE!!

(They jump up and hug each other.)

Both: We're alive! We made it!! Yeaaaa!!

(Yamanba comes up from behind)

Yamanba: Yeah, now hurry up and run along before we change our minds!

(They both stop, stare, and then go pale.)

Both: Gyaaaaaa! Demon!!!

(Intsantle they turn and sprint away, joined, of course, by all the others...)

Yamanba (shakes her fist): AND STAY OUT!!

*~*~*~*~*

(Back in the garden, time is still frozen. Kagome stands at the kitchen door holding Shippo in her hands, while Kouga continues to hang by Inuyasha's grasp on his throat. Kagome looks horrified at Inuyasha's actions, and Inuyasha, for his part, is scared and guilty at being caught doing the exact thing Kagome didn't want him to do.)

Inuyasha (hesitantly): ...Kagome.

(Kagome doesn't answer right away, just continues to stare at him. Finally, she swallows.)

Kagome (firmly but slowly): ...P...put him down... Inuyasha...

(Inuyasha releases his hand and Kouga falls to the ground, coughing and holding his throat. Kagome runs over to him, kneeling by his side. Inuyasha takes a few steps back.)

Kouga (hoarsely): ...Ka...Kagome?...

(Kagome puts a hand on his shoulder, in a friendly fashion. When she speaks, her voice also holds friendly concern.)

Kagome: Kouga, what are you doing here?

Kouga: Isn't it obvious, I came to get you back. You're my woman, I wouldn't abandon you to this, this, dog shit!

(Kouga stands, taking Kagome with him. He wraps his arm around her possessively. Kagome just tries to inch away. Inuyasha clenches his fists.)

Kouga: So you're the real Inuyasha huh? I should have known you'd try to hide, letting some other poor sap take your place.

Inuyasha (growling): Why you!!

Kagome (out of patience): That's enough!!

(Suddenly Kagome shoves away from Kouga's grasp and stands between the two, or if anything, a little closer to Inuyasha.)

Kagome (firmly): Kouga, I want you to go home right now. I want you to take your men and leave! You've hurt a lot of people today, I don't want to see you any more.

Kouga: Wh...what?

(Inuyasha also looks surprised.)

Kagome (angrily): You heard me Kouga. Go home.

(Shippo suddenly pops out of Kagome's hair.)

Shippo: Yeah! Go home!! She doesn't like you any ways! Nyaaa...ptfptfptfptfptfptf!!

(Shippo blows a raspberry. Kouga narrows his eyes at him and Shippo dives behind Kagome's hair.)

Shippo: Ahhh Kagome!!

Kagome (gently): There, there Shippo. It's okay...

(Kagome turns to comfort Shippo, which completely floors Kouga. He stares at her wide eyed for a moment.)

Kouga (disbelieving): W...wait! Kagome...don't tell me you actually LIKE these, these...monsters?

(Kagome narrows her eyes at him, glaring angrily.)

Kagome (none too patiently): Yes Kouga, I like them.

(She smiles and pulls Shippo into her arms, tickling him and smiling when he laughs.)

Kagome (softer): They're very kind people who would never hurt anyone. You just can't see it because they happen to look a little different. They've been very nice to me though, and they would be to you too, if you just got to know them.

(Kouga is stunned as the reality slowly sinks in...)

Kouga: Th...then you don't want to come back with me? Even after all I...

(He stops as Kagome starts shaking her head, his face slipping into one of total rejection.)

Kouga (stammering): But I, but I...

(He shakes his head, his pride taking over his senses. He grabs Kagome's arm and jerks her to him possessively.)

Kouga (angrily): No! You can't! You're MY woman, and you're coming with ME!!

(Kouga starts dragging by the wrist while Kagome protests.)

Kagome: Kouga! Wait! Stop! Let go! You're hurting me!

Shippo (scared): Kagome!!

(Shippo runs down Kagome's arm to bite into the wrist that Kouga has her by.)

Kouga (surprised): HEY!!

Kagome (worried): Shippo!

(Kouga punches Shippo, who goes flying off and into a bush, and turns to leave again but doesn't get very far. A sudden streak of red appears before him, punching him backwards while freeing Kagome. Kouga hits the outer wall with his back in a spread eagled position, momentarily stunned.)

Kagome (surprised): Inuyasha?!

(Kouga stands there a second, eyes closed in pain. When he opens them at last, he sees Inuyasha standing some space before him, his arms wrapped protectively around Kagome as he steadies her.)

(Kouga watches as Inuyasha and Kagome lock eyes, only for a second, but it's enough. He sees Inuyasha's impassive face search Kagome's for any sign of discomfort or disagreement. Kagome looks a little surprised, but also relieved and maybe even glad...)

Kouga (disbelieveing): ...No! There's no way...she... she LIKES that dog shit!!

(A second later Inuyasha turns away and steps protectively in front of Kagome. For Kouga, however, the small glance is more than too much. His face contorts in rage and jealousy as he forces himself off the wall and onto his own feet.)

Kouga: No! Kagome is MY woman!!

(Suddenly, Miroku and Tanuki (wearing a sling) come running out of the busted kitchen door just as Sango and Kirara land on the ground next to them. Shippo appears and leaps into Tanuki's good arm as the newcomers observe the scene before them.)

Miroku (surprised): Sango...does this mean...

Sango (nods once): It's over. He's the last one here...

(She jerks a thumb towards Kouga, who just stares in disbelief at his two former employees.)

Kouga (looking betrayed): S..Sango! Miroku! H-how could you?!

(Miroku just gives him a blank stare and shrugs his shoulders innocently. Sango glares coolly at him.)

Miroku (simply): We have to make a living too after all...

(This seems to be the last straw. In a rage, Kouga turns to Inuyasha and takes aim with his gun. Inuyasha, having no clue what a gun is, just stares at him blankly and a little confused. Kagome freezes behind him.)

Kagome (gently): Kouga...

(Kouga snarls her into silence and addresses Inuaysha.)

Kouga: You bastard! This is all your fault! If you hadn't taken her from me, Kagome would still be my woman! She loves ME! She's MINE! I won't let you have her!! I'll kill you!

Kagome (desperately): Kouga stop!!

(Shoving a bit, she places herself between the startled Inuyasha and the dumbfounded Kouga. Kouga just stares at her a moment before his rage returns with resolve.)

Kouga (roaring): NO!! Once he's gone, you'll be mine again! You'll forget about him, I'll make you forget!! I love you Kagome! I have to kill him!!

(Kagome stays and Kouga takes aim again, expecting her to call off her bluff. When she doesn't, he begins to loose control.)

Kouga (shakily): Kagome...move, or... or I'll shoot you too!

(Inuyasha looks warily from Kagome to Kouga, trying to judge what to do. Any sudden movements and Kouga's going to crack. He's so mad he seems to be shaking, his hand trembling on the trigger, ready to go off at any moment. Suddenly, however, he gets an unexpected interruption...)

Small voice: Eeeeeeeeeeee!

(A tiny spec lands on the barrel of the rifle, totally surprising everyone. Kouga's eyes cross as he tries to see what it is. He sees... a flea?)

Myouga (tiny flea voice): Don't worry Lord Inuyasha, I'll save you! CHARGE!!

(Everyone just looks on dumbfounded, especially Kouga, as Myouga dives at Kouga's face and bites the end of his nose. He sucks, growing bigger and rounder each time.)

Kouga (wide and cross eyed): What the?!

(Kouga reflexively slaps Myouga, taking his hand off the trigger to do so. For Inuyasha, it's exactly the invitation he's been waiting for. He leaps forward, pushing Kagome to the ground as he goes. Kouga's eyes lock on him instantly, and he rushes to place his hand back on the trigger. He reaches it... pulls...

*BANG*

*WHAM *

.....

*~*~*~*~*