InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Becoming ❯ Sango ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Becoming

Chapter II

By KitsuneBishounen

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.

Sango feels herself fall to the ground, but that ground is not the rain-soaked earth of the battlefield she thought she was fighting in, and as she looks around, she sees no-one. However, the wounds she sustained in this most recent battle were more than enough, she realizes, to put her life to an end, and collapses to the ground in severe pain. The sound of footsteps reaches her ears, and she looks up to see a woman dressed in miko's garb walking towards her.

"Do not worry, you will not die this day... Too much is at stake, and you are not alone in the struggle. I am Inuyasha's mother... I have brought you here, because to survive this, you and Kirara must come together..." the miko says, before she holds her hand out to help her off the ground. A strange sensation washes over her, and she is back at the battlefield, watching Hiraikotsu flash through the air, striking the incarnation of Naraku they were battling. She puts her hand up to catch it, feeling renewed, but her weapon lands in the dirt twenty feet away, returning along what is seemingly the wrong angle.

"KITSUNE-BI!"

The cry rings in her ears, and she throws her hands up to block it out, before realizing two things... It was Kagome calling that out, and her ears aren't there anymore. An arrow of blue-white flame strikes the puppet, and it goes up in flames, seemingly being purified and burned alive at the same time. The next five minutes are utter confusion as the scent of burning flesh overcomes her, and she blacks out. She wakes up to see Miroku standing in front of her. Her attempts to sit up, or smack him, are of no avail, as he begins to speak.

"Hear and heed me now, for I will only ask you these questions this once... Who are you, what are your intentions towards my friend, and what have you done with Kirara?" he asks, in a monotone, angst in his eyes.

"What's wrong with Kirara, where's Hiraikotsu, why am I tied up?" she asks, bewildered, and is surprised to see Miroku's entire face distort with grief.

"Hiraikotsu is buried with my... comrade, Sango, who we found near you, dead, blood on your claws..."

"Dead? But... Miroku, I'm Sango..."

Sango literally shrinks away from Miroku as his eyes fill with a fury that could not be an act, and he smacks her across the face.

"How dare you! Sango was not just someone I travelled with, not just a friend. I LOVED her! How DARE you try to impersonate her..." he growls.

"Mi... Miroku... you..." Sango stutters, as certain things start to fall into place for Miroku, and he understands...

"Sango?" Miroku asks, stunned.

"I know it must have scared you, I still don't quite understand exactly how this happened, but I know that Inuyasha's mother is behind this, she said that Kirara and I needed to come together to survive, but then I was back at the battlefield, and..."

"S-Sango... You're a cat hanyou... We thought that it could only have happened to one at a time... Sango, Kagome is now a kitsune hanyou..."

"So that's why... Miroku, you can untie me now."

"Oh, yes." Miroku to work on the ropes, which come loose, but not without a good bit of rope burn.

"Ow... Miroku, what type of knots did you use?!"

"Shibari."

"BAKA!"

And Miroku gets clobbered, yet again... Ah, young love.