InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beside You ❯ Feeling better and Kikyo? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N Sorry for the mix up and thank you so much Inuluvher151 for letting me no that Chapter 7& 8 were the same! Sorry! =)


Chapter 8: Feeling better and Kikyo?

Inuyasha and Sakura got back about half and hour later from when they left to go outside. Sakura wanted to go to the park so Inuyasha figured that it would be ok if they went but didn't stay to long because Inuyasha didn't want to be gone to long just encase Kagome woke up and needed him or something. When Inuyasha and Sakura got home Sakura ran upstairs to go play in her room, while Inuyasha on the other hand went to go check on Kagome. When Inuyasha got to Kagomes room he found that she wasn't in bed, she was at her desk messing with her laptop. 'What the heck is she doing out of bed I told her she shouldn't work because she was sick' sighing Inuyasha made his way over to Kagome and stood behind her and grabbed the laptop that she was writing on and closed it. ''HEY what the.......'' said Kagome as she turned to see who took her laptop, thought she already figured that it was Inuyasha she wanted to make sure.

''What did you do that for I was using that'' said Kagome a little angry but not that much.

''Your sick you shouldn't be working because you need your rest'' stated Inuyasha

''But I was doing something important and also I feel fine!!''said Kagome

''Well you don't look 'fine' to me now got back and lay down or you'll get sicker then you already are'' said Inuyasha

''Hump..fine..'' said Kagome as she got up from her desk and headed back to her bed.

''well like I said before call me if you need anything I'll be downstairs.'' said Inuyasha as he walked to the door with Kagomes laptop still in his hands.

''Hey wait!!!!where are you going with my laptop?'' Kagome said a little loud.

''I am taking this with me so you won't work'' said Inuyasha as he opened the door and shut it behind him. Kagome 'humphed' and lay-ed back down in her bed. While Inuyasha went downstairs.

-------------------With Miroku ------------------------

Miroku had woken up and he was bored. So he decided to call and see if Inuyasha was home. Miroku then went and dialed Inuyasha's number

RING RING (M Miroku and S Sessy)

M- Hey Sessy is Inuyasha there, its Miroku

S- No Inuyasha is not here

M- What do u mean hes not there where did he go?

S- There was an emergency last night and I don't think he will be back till Sunday.

M- Do you know what the emergency was?

S- No he didn't tell me...but if he calls or comes home I'll tell him you called

M- ok bye

Miroku then hung up the phone and went to go sit down on the couch to watch some T.V. . Miroku then wondered where Inuyasha was 'thats not like Inuyasha at all to leave and not tell anyone where he is going and also if it was an emergency why didn't he ask someone for help?' thought Miroku as he flipped the channels and finally decided on 'Jerry Springer'. 'Well I'll find out where he was at school tomorrow' thought Miroku as his attention was drawn to the T.V. as two prostitutes battled over who would get the guy that they were both sleeping with.

------------Back with Inuyasha and Kagome-----------

After taking away Kagomes laptop Inuyasha set it on the living room table. He really didn't know what to do, because Kagome was resting and Sakura was up in her room. 'Hmm..I don't know what to do maybe I'll watch T.V. ' Inuyasha thought about it for a little bit then decided that he would watch T.V. for a little bit. While watching T.V. Inuyasha thought 'maybe I should call Fluffy and Rin to tell them where I am, but then again maybe I shouldn't' thought Inuyasha as he continued to watch some T.V. show.

-----5 hours later-----------

Inuyasha had fallen asleep to whatever he was watching and when he woke up he found that 5 hours had passed. Listening carefully Inuyasha didn't hear a sound so he decided to go check on Kagome and Sakura. Inuyasha then headed up the stairs, he fist went in Sakuras room only to find her asleep on the floor. So Inuyasha carefully picked her up and tucked her into bed and partially closed her door on the way out and making sure her overhead light was not on.

Inuyasha then went to go check on Kagome, opening the door he found that Kagome to was sleeping. Making his way quietly next to her bed he check to see if she still had her fever. When Inuyasha put his hand to her head he found it only to be slightly hot 'good she only has a slight fever now, that is much better then before' thought Inuyasha as he removed his hand and made sure Kagome was covered all the way before head out of the door, closing it behind him.

Making his way downstairs Inuyasha decided that he should get something to eat. Inuyasha then went into the kitchen, opening the fridge he looked around for something to eat. Finally after a few minutes of thinking Inuyasha decided on having a turkey sandwich. Once Inuyasha was done making his sandwich he went and sat down on the couch. While eating his sand which Inuyasha looked at the clock it said 2:30 p.m. 'I will most likely be here tomorrow to because Kagomes not all the way better' thought Inuyasha.

(A/N Sorry if I'm moving fast with this chapter)

---------7 hours later---------------

It had been a long day for Inuyasha and Kagome both. It had been long for Inuyasha because Kagome had slept most of the day and Sakura just stayed in her room, thought for Kagome her day was a little different, it was a long day for her because every time she had tried to do something on her own Inuyasha would always stop her and tell her to go back and lay down and it annoyed her just a little bit because she couldn't do anything for herself. Now it was 9:30 and everyone but Kagome was sleeping.

Making her way downstairs Kagome had noticed that Inuyasha had stayed the night again, but this time he had stay the night on the couch. 'He must have stayed again to make sure I was alright' thought Kagome as she watched him sleep.

After standing there for a few minutes Kagome decided to get something to eat. Walking into the kitchen she opened the freezer and pulled out a box of pizza pockets. Placing them into the microwave Kagome waited for them to get done, while waiting Kagome started to wonder about Inuyasha 'why is it that every time I am near him I get this weird feeling and I don't know what it is maybe I should ask Sango about it she might no...' Kagomes thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the microwave beeping, signaling that the pizza pockets were done. Taking them out Kagome sat down on one of the stools and started to eat them, once she was done she decided that she should get to sleep.

Heading out of the kitchen Kagome took another look at Inuyasha who was still sleeping on the couch. Moving closer to him Kagome looked at him 'he looks so peaceful when he is asleep' thought Kagome. Then she noticed that his blanket that was covering him had fallen off so she picked up the blanket and covered him up with it, deciding that she should go and get to sleep she left. Going back upstairs she fist checked on her daughter, after doing that she decided that she should head to bed. So then Kagome headed to her room and went to sleep.

-----------Sunday----------------

Inuyasha had woken up the next morning by a small crashing sound, jolting up he looked around but didn't see anything. Getting up Inuyasha went to see what the crashing noise was, entering the kitchen Inuyasha saw what the crash came from. Sakura was standing with the fridge door open and below her feet was a carton of milk that was spilled over the floor. Walking around the spilled milk Inuyasha made his way over to Sakura

'' What are you doing?" Inuyasha asked Sakura who was still looking through the fridge not noticing his presence

''I'm hungry?'' Sakura said

''Is your mommy up yet?'' asked Inuyasha

''No, so I didn't want to wake her up so I am fixing myself something.'' Sakura said happily

''Well your doing a good job so far but why don't I help you'' Inuyasha tried to say as sincerely as possible, because the kitchen was a mess.

''ok'' said Sakura

'' Now whatever you wanted to make is gonna have to wait because first we have to clean up this mess.'' said Inuyasha referring to the spilled milk that was all over the floor.

''Ok'' said Sakura

After Sakura and Inuyasha finished cleaning up the spilled milk that was all over the floor Inuyasha helped make Sakura what she wanted to eat. After finishing it Inuyasha told Sakura that he would be back. So then Inuyasha went upstairs to go and check on Kagome. Entering her room he saw that Kagome was still sleeping, walking over to her Inuyasha checked to see if she had a fever still, she didn't. 'good she doesn't have a fever anymore, now I won't worry so much' thought Inuyasha as he watched Kagome sleep. Accepting that she was ok Inuyasha left the room and headed back downstairs.

When Inuyasha got downstairs he noticed that Sakura had finished eating and was now watching Rollie Polie Ollie on T.V. heading down the stairs Inuyasha went into the kitchen to get something to drink. Opening the fridge Inuyasha took out the bottle of Root beer and poured himself a glass. Once he got done drinking it, he looked at the clock on the stove it said 1:30p.m.. 'Wow I slept late, no wonder Sakura was fixing herself something to eat ' thought Inuyasha.

--------4 hours later----------

Now everyone was up and downstairs. Kagome was feeling a lot better since didn't have a fever anymore, Inuyasha decided to give her back her laptop. So now it was around 5:30 and Inuyasha decided that it was time for him to go home. Inuyasha then got his coat and headed to the door. ''Hey well I see you tomorrow, but I got to get going now'' Inuyasha stopping at the door while saying good bye to Kagome and Sakura who were on the couch watching him. ''Bye Inu!!!'' Sakura yelled and ran up and hugged him around the legs. Kagome then got up off the couch and headed over to where Inuyasha was.

''thanks Inuyasha'' said Kagome quietly

''For what?'' asked Inuyasha a little bit confused

''For coming over in the middle of the night to make sure I was ok, no one has ever done that for me before'' Kagome said

''It was no problem, I don't mind coming over here but I do mind when you don't take care of yourself.'' said Inuyasha

''Well thanks'' said Kagome

''Before I go I want you to promise me that you will make sure that if you feel sick again call me or Sango, because you could of hurt yourself if you passed out while you were going down the stairs.'' said Inuyasha

''Ok I promise I will and thanks again'' replied Kagome

''Your welcome'' said Inuyasha as he gave Kagome as quick hug and opened the door and closed it, leaving a some what shocked Kagome on the other side.

-------With Inuyasha---------------

Inuyasha had gotten home at 5:45 and was instantly bombarded with question as soon as he walked through the door (most of them from Rin). Ignoring the questions that were being asked to him Inuyasha took off his jacket and set his car keys on a little table then went to go sit down.

''INUYASHA'' Rin half/yelled and half/said

''what?'' asked Inuyasha knowing exactly what Rin and Sesshoumaru were going to ask him.

''Where were you, what happened, what was the emergency?'' asked Rin firing one question after another while Sesshoumaru listened with interest.

''ok ok I was at Kagomes she got a high fever and passed out, then Sakura her daughter found her, called me and then I stayed there until she was better.'' said Inuyasha giving them the short version of what happened

''Well it seems as if my little brother has finally gained some sort of responsibility'' said Sesshoumaru

''Shut up Sesshoumaru'' said Inuyasha half heartedly

''Ohh I think thats soo sweet'' said Rin.

'' Oh yea I almost forgot Inuyasha your friend Miro...or was it Miroku well one of them called and wanted to talk to you.'' said Sessy

''It was Miroku then, well I'm gonna go to my room and make sure I got everything done for tomorrow then I'm gonna call Miroku back.'' said Inuyasha as he went up the stairs to his room.

''Is it me or has Inuyasha's attitude changed a lot since he started working for Kagome?'' asked Rin

''No, it has changed and for the better to that girl must have somehow changed him without him realizing it himself '' said Sesshoumaru

''Thats what I thought, well come on Fluffy you can help me finish dinner.'' said Rin as she dragged Sesshoumaru into the kitchen.

-------In Inuyasha's room----------

Inuyasha had just made sure that he had finished all of the homework he had to have done by Monday. Finding that he had no more work, Inuyasha was gonna call Miroku back but decided that he would just talk to him tomorrow. So laying down on his bed Inuyasha decided to take a shower tomorrow since he was suddenly tired, so setting his alarm clock Inuyasha went to sleep.

------With Kagome------------

Kagome was sitting on the couch watching T.V. with her daughter, even thought Inuyasha had left a little bit ago Kagome couldn't stop thinking about the hug that he had given her. Her mind raced with questions like 'why did he hug me' and 'did it mean anything' even thought it was just a hug Kagome couldn't help but wonder if it meant something, and it was bugging her to no end. Sighing she figured that she would figure it out soon but it probably wouldn't come easy for her.

--------Monday Morning with Inuyasha---------------

Inuyasha had just been woken up by the sound of his alarm clock which read 7:00. Still being half asleep Inuyasha pulled himself out of bed and headed into the bathroom to take a shower. Five minutes later a rather wet Inuyasha emerged from the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. Heading to his closet Inuyasha picked out what he was going to be wearing, which was baggy blue jeans and a dark blue T-shirt with the words 'Watch Out' printed on the front. Looking at the clock he had about 10 mins to drive to school which wasn't that bad since it was 7:10 and school stated at 7:25 but he had to have 5 minutes to talk to people, so Inuyasha headed downstairs grabbed his keys and left.

Inuyasha got to school in 5 mins, which gave him 10 minutes to talk and do whatever. Inuyasha then headed into the school and got his books from his locker. When Inuyasha shut his locker he was surprised to see Miroku on the other side of the door.

'' What the hell Miroku, when did you get there.'' asked Inuyasha

''Just a few minutes ago buddy, now would you care to explain where you were this whole weekend?'' asked Miroku

''No'' Inuyasha replied walking away

''Come on Inu buddy you know you can trust me, so where were you and if you don't tell me you know I'm just gonna keep bugging you until you tell me so you can save yourself from my toucher and just tell me now'' said Miroku

''fine whatever'' mumbled Inuyasha

''So you'll tell me?'' asked Miroku as little surprised that Inuyasha gave up so quickly.

''Yeah I guess because you gonna just keep bugging me until I tell you so whats the point.'' said Inuyasha as he sighed.

''Ok now where were you?'' asked Miroku

''I was at Kagomes house...'' Inuyasha said before he was rudely interrupted by a certain pervert.

''reeeaaaly Inuyasha now what could you of been doing there for such a long time.'' said Miroku pervertedly, while he tried to duck while Inuyasha tried to hit him on the head which he succeeded at.

''Stupid leach..its not like that, I went over there because Kagome passed out because she had a high fever and then her daughter Sakura found her then she called me, and I stayed over there to make she that she was ok.'' said Inuyasha

''Oh ok...well we...'' Miroku was about to say when he was cut off by a high pitched voice.

"Is that MY YASHIE !!!!!'' the girl screeched (guess who I dare ya). Inuyasha was about to run away but the girl wrapped her self around him and wouldn't let go. The girl was wearing a very very tight pink tank top and a short pink skit that said 'lick me' on it.

''Damn it!! Kikyo let go of me!!'' Inuyasha said through clenched teeth while trying to pull the girl off of him. Kikyo Miko was the school slut who had a big crush on Inuyasha and was always trying to seduce him and she was the biggest slut of her group which contained herself as the leader, Kagura Wind, Yura(sp?) Hair, and Kana Mirror, every guy in the school slept with them expect for a few including Inuyasha and Miroku who didn't even attempt to grope them because they would like it to much.

Once Inuyasha pried Kikyo off of him he ran down the hall as fast as he could trying to get away from he with Miroku right behind him. Inuyasha and Miroku finally lost her by hiding inside the boys bathroom. ''I think we lost her'' breather Miroku

''I hope so'' said Inuyasha as he took another deep breath

''So Inuyasha we have a few minutes before class, so I was wondering do you like Kagome, more then friend.'' asked Miroku. Inuyasha almost fell back from what he heard 'what brought this up, why does he want to know, wait does he already know!!' thought Inuyasha

''Umm why do you want to know'' Inuyasha managed to choke out.

''Well you seem to like her and I was wondering'' said Miroku 'even if he says he doesn't like her I can tell he does because the color wouldn't of drained from his face the way it did if he didn't like her.' thought Miroku.

''Maybe I do like her more then I am supposed to'' confessed Inuyasha '' but I'm not sure if she likes me the same''

''well you won't know till you tell her or make a move or do something to let her know you care for her more.'' said Miroku

'' I know, but I want to find out if she likes me so I don't make a fool of myself and have her not feel the same way, then have something bad happen and me not be able to see her any more.'' said Inuyasha

''Well I'll ask Sango she should know something because she is Kagomes friend and all'' said Miroku as the bell rang signaling them that it was time to get to class, exiting the bathroom they made sure that Kikyo was no where in sight before they headed to there first class which happened to be World History.