InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Catnip ❯ Catnip ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Star: based on a suggestion I recieved from diablodude--Starlett thanks you!!

Sess: Oh, yes. she liked it sooooo much, she actually wrote it! feel very special, dude.

Star: ARIGATO TO THE DUDE!!

Sess: *rolls eyes* ignore her.

disclaimer: *peeks in box* nope! no Inuyasha! only, *rummages through box* three cans of Pepsi, about a dozen cheetos, and a nickel! Go me!

Catnip

by: Star Keeper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kagome, dear, you said that a cat is one of your companions?"

"Yes..." Kagome replied, "why, Mom?"

"I bought this for her." she handed Kagome a paper bag.

"...."

"It's a catnip ball. I thought she'd like it." She shrugged, "It was kinda silly of me, but now that you have it, you might as well give it to her, you know?"

"Yeah, you're right," she said, "what can it hurt?"

~*~*~*~

Kagome headed to the well, removing the package and throwing it away, as to not litter in the past.

Kagome was playing with the little ball, as she hopped down the well. Inuyasha was staring down the wooden shaft, and scowled at her, as she had failed to notice him yet.

"Oi! What're you doing?" he yelled at her.

She continued to ignore him, in favor of climbing out of the well into the cool spring air. Kagome then headed off to the village, still ignoring Inuyasha to the best of her ability, which wasn't hard, considering she was engrossed with the little twine ball filled with catnip.

"What are you doing?" Inuyasha asked her, getting a little peeved at her ignoring him all this time.

"...." Kagome was sniffing the ball, and tossing it into the air, playing with it still, even though she'd already sat down inside of Kaede's hut.

Inuyasha's ear twitched, and he snatched the ball from her.

"Give me back my ball, Inuyasha," she hissed, her aura crackling.

"Feh. Why should I, bitch?" he retorted, bad move.

"I am not a bitch, Inuyasha," Kagome stated calmly, "for I am not an Inu."

He scratched his head in confusion, and she laughed. A high-pitched squeal that hurt his ears and made his head throb.

"You do not understand, my dear inu, I am not like you. I am not like Miroku or Sango. I am not like Shippo. I am more like Kilala than any of you."

"You're a fire neko?"

She chuckled, "Not quite. Why do you think I have ki?"

"You're a miko, duh."

"Ah, and there you're wrong. I am a sorceress. A very powerful healer neko."

"Ah," Inuyasha scratched his head again, "and how is this to make you powerful?"

"Healing abilities can go both ways, Inu," she elaborated, "I can give life, or I can take it. Which of the two I choose to apply, is merely dependant on how I feel about the particular person." She gave him a coy smile, "Now, my ball?"

"Why didn't you say something before?"

Kagome froze. 'Why did I forget all that? Wait, the catnip ball!'

"I... I think that someone might have erased my memory, and sent me to the future... but I can't be sure... and how would that explain my mother? I mean, she kinda gave birth to me, didn't she?" she paused, "well, that's a topic for another day."

Inuyasha looked pensive, "But, aren't cats supposed to hate and fear dogs?"

She laughed her shrill laugh again, "Ah, little Inu, you are wrong again. Only the cowardly go out and face the Inus, and they are all weak. We higher-class neko tend to keep to ourselves, for we do not see the sense in fighting over pride. Give me my ball, please."

He handed her the ball, as Sango and Kilala enter the hut.

"Kagome-chan!" Sango screeched, Kagome smiled.

"Hello, Sango-chan. Kilala, I have a gift for you." Kagome presented the ball to the smaller neko, smiling.

"MEW!!" Kilala immediately commenced pouncing and rolling with her new toy. Kagome looked pleased.

"Why did you do that after you got angry at me for taking the stupid ball?" Inuyasha whined.

Kagome rolled her eyes, "It was intended for her, Inuyasha." she stated as if this was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Feh,"

"Inuyasha, do you think that I should tell Sango about what we talked about earlier?"

He blinked. "Yeah, I think that she'd like to know."

Kagome sighed, "Okay then!" she stood, and began to glow lavendar.

Sango gasped, as did Inuyasha. Kilala continued her pouncing, this was old news to her.

Where Kagome had previously been, stood a very proper looking neko female. She had Kagome's sapphire eyes, but her hair was light purple with navy streaks. Her skin was creamy white, there were two demon markings in the purest pink on her cheeks, and a four-pointed star in the same pink adorned her forehead.

She smiled gently at them, and Kilala had the respect to transform into her true form and bow to her Lady. Sango, taking Kilala's initiative, bowed to Kagome also. Inuyasha fell to his knees, feeling very stupid in front of the Lady before him.

Miroku walked in, and, being Miroku, asked, "Who's that?"

"Lady Kagome, may I speak?" Inuyasha asked her, as he looked up to her for approval.

She nodded.

"Thank you, my Lady." he turned to Miroku, "The Lady before you was disguised as a human, and who we know as Kagome." he guestured towards Kagome, "She is the Taiyoukai of the North."

Miroku, for his part, looked baffled.

Kagome laughed lightly, "I am the head of the cirlce of taiyoukai. The north controls the other compass directions: south, east, and west. I do not lack the strength to protect my lands and my people, mind you." She turned to the others in the room, "Please don't bow anymore, it bugs me."

Sango straightened, and approached her friend-turned-taiyoukai. "Am I still allowed to hug you?" she asked timidly.

Kagome laughed again, and said, "Treat me as if I had never changed physically. I am, was, and always will be, your friend."

Miroku approached her, and stood beside the newly revealed Lady.

Everyone in the room watched with baited breath as Kagome's right eye twitched, and she drew breath to speak. "Monk, if you ever plan on having children, which I know is the reason you do what you're doing, then I suggest you keep your hands off any and every woman that you meet. Including the ones you already know, and have previously violated."

Miroku looked grim.

"At least until you've chosen the one you'd like to have those children with. Then you can do whatever she'll permit. But, you don't have a woman like that yet, do you?" she said with a knowing smile.

Miroku's hand instantly went to his side, and he found great interest in the floor.

"Well," Kagome said, "I'm guessing that you have a lot of questions.... So, BRING 'EM ON!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if you, as the readers have any questions regarding this story, simply leave them in a review, and I shall answer them in the A/N at the end of the next chapter

thankies to all who review, and flowers for all! but watch out for thorns, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

^-^ that's all for me, 'til we meet again!

sayonara!

~~~Starlett~~~