InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Childish Fantasies ❯ Pizza...again ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gomen minna-san! It's been so long since I updated, but I've been having a lot of family issues, and then I went to Italy for about 10 days, so you see, I haven't really had time to update. But I feel obliged to give you this chappy, you guys deserve it, you've all been so good to me! ^^ So enjoy!

Disclaimer: I own a notebook. I own a pencil. I own an eraser. But, I do not own Inuyasha. (That has to be the lamest disclaimer ever…<__>)

This chappy is dedicated to IceSugarHigh and friendlyreader for giving me the idea for most of it, thanks guys! ^^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Yo! Bro! I'm home!" Rin shouted sliding her shoes off and racing up the steps. She quickly leapt into the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind her, locking it.

Sesshoumaru stopped in mid bite, setting his pizza down and cocking his eyebrows. He jerked his head towards the upstairs. Kohaku finally caught on and laughed, splaying pizza crumbs all over the table.

"Rin? Ever since she turned 13, Mom's let her wear makeup, and she doesn't leave home without at least some of that eye goop on herself. She's lost her mind, seriously man." He shook his head and grabbed for another slice of pizza. Sesshoumaru merely blinked at him before reaching for his own slice.

Rin admired herself in her mirror, pouting her lips and making kissy faces. She giggled to herself and unlocked the door. The young teen pranced down the stairs, humming some unknown tune.

She entered the kitchen and acted as though she couldn't see the silver haired boy who was now nearly gawking at her. It wasn't easy, but she managed to grab herself a soda and a plate without acknowledging his presence. She sat down next to him and reached over him for a slice of pizza, making sure to let her hand lightly rest on his as she did so. Sesshoumaru was also playing the ignoring game, and didn't even seem to notice the contact. Rin scowled inwardly, he had been so cold to her lately and it was driving her insane!

A loud belch was heard from the opposite side of the table. Rin looked up just in time to see her soda being downed by her older brother.

"Hey! That's--"

"--Some damn good soda." Kohaku finished for her, tipping the can upside down to show that it was empty. He patted his stomach and stood up from his chair. "Ugh, I gotta go take a piss, I'll be right back. Actually, scratch that, this may take a while…" he said rushing to the bathroom.

Rin made a face of disgust before sitting back in her chair. "He always says more than he has to, doesn't he?"

Sesshoumaru merely shrugged, not making eye contact with her.

"I mean, come on! We don't have to hear about all that…and he totally snarfed up that pizza!" she looked to Sesshoumaru, but he didn't respond at all, merely pushed himself away from the table a bit.

'Ok,' Rin thought, 'now I'm pissed…'

"Sesshoumaru-sama, I'm talking to you."

'Just ignore her, just ignore her, just ignore her…'

"Sesshoumaru-sama, I know you can hear me."

Sesshoumaru turned his head away, suddenly taking interest in the blank wall next to him. A sudden weight was on top of him and he felt his head being forced forward. He was now staring straight into large orbs of chocolate. And they were not very friendly looking either…

"Ok, listen up, pal. I might've taken this crap when I was younger, but I'm a teenager now. And you will at least grunt or something when I am talking to you. Do. You. Under. Stand?" she emphasized each word by shaking his head slightly.

The fact that Rin was currently straddling him made it extremely hard to concentrate on what she was saying, and he wouldn't have heard any of it had she not been jostling his head like she was. He couldn't help but smirk as she realized their current position and red flooded her cheeks. Her grip on his face loosened and her hands dropped to his shoulders.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, I…" she started quietly, looking away embarrassed, "I didn't mean to be so rude, I--"

He pulled her close, pushing his nose into her neck and inhaling her scent deeply. It had been many years since he had last held her like this, and at that moment, he wished he had done it more often. He felt her slowly wrap her arms around his neck and pull herself in closer.

"Sesshoumaru-sama," she whispered into his hair, relishing the feeling of the soft, silky strands.

He closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to break the contact, but knowing he had to. He gave her shoulders a tight squeeze and pulled back, looking deep into her eyes.

"Rin. School's almost starting, you know."

She nodded and tilted her head to the side, not yet grasping his point.

"What grade are you going to be in again?"

"8th…but wh-"

"And what grade is your brother going to be in?"

"Umm…no grade? Or wait…freshman in col-oh yeah…" she frowned, realizing why Sesshoumaru had been so quiet.

"That's right. And I'm going with him."

Rin looked away again, not wanting him to see the pain in her eyes. She was going to lose the two people she was closest to at the same time. And that time was slowly drawing closer. It was hard to think about, so she had made herself forget about it, but it hit her full on now that the words had been said by Sesshoumaru himself. She could probably visit them, but it wouldn't be the same. They would be surrounded by peers all the time, peers who wouldn't really want to spend any of their time with a little girl. She bit her lip, when would she be able to see them again once they started school?

"Rin, watashi o minasai." She obeyed silently. "I…may not see you for a while…" he said, searching for the right words. She nodded and looked away, but he could still see her pained expression. "Rin if there's…if there's anything I can do…I want you to tell me."

"Anything?" she asked. He nodded. The girl looked at him long and hard, deciding just how bold she was willing to be. Finally making her decision, she took a deep breath and let it out.

"Kiss me."

Sesshoumaru's eyes went wide. That was not the expected request. "Kiss you?"

She nodded, blushing. Ok, maybe that was a bit bold, but it was worth a shot…she felt two thumbs gently run across her face, one dipping under her chin to lift it up so she was looking directly into beautiful amber eyes. She closed her eyes hesitantly and waited.

Nothing.

She cracked an eye open and saw that Sesshoumaru wasn't going to fulfill her request any time soon. He seemed to be at war with himself, getting closer, than pulling away suddenly, only to repeat this again. She rolled her eyes and grasped his face with her hands. 'I have to do everything myself…'

Soft lips suddenly pressed against his own, and all coherent thought was lost at that moment. He reached around to the back of her head, pulling her deeper into the kiss. A little flag went up in the back of his mind, shouting at him that what he was doing was wrong and he should stop before things got out of hand, but he was in too much bliss to pay any attention to it. He slipped his tongue into her mouth, earning a gasp from the girl. The gasp seemed to knock him back to reality and he quickly pulled away, wiping his mouth with the back of his sleeve.

Rin looked at Sesshoumaru through heavily lidded eyes. She could see the look of horror written on his face, but that was to be expected. He had, after all, just frenched his best friend's kid sister. She was too shocked to care. He had actually kissed her back. She slowly drifted back to reality and slipped off his lap, returning to her own seat. Kohaku chose that moment to come back into the room.

"Woo! Do not go in there!" he laughed, giving Rin a knowing wink. She blushed and rolled her eyes and set back to devouring her pizza.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sesshoumaru walked up to the door hesitantly, thinking very strongly about turning around and hightailing it out of there. He could probably get a job in some small town up north, change his name to Joe Smith, and…he frowned at himself. 'It's just dinner. Nothing more. No date, just dinner.' Somehow, this wasn't very reassuring, but he kept moving towards the door. He watched in fascination as his finger reached up and rang the doorbell. A faint voice could be heard on the other side of the door. He twisted the knob to find that it was unlocked. As he stepped into the front hall, he could feel a million memories flooding back to him.

Rin jogged up to him, her face slightly flushed, "or you could just let yourself in…" she placed her hands on her hips, flashing him a quick grin. She was wearing a modest red sweater and low-rise jeans that hugged her legs in a rather alluring fashion.

"Oh, sorry, I couldn't hear what you said and the door was open so--"

She waved her hand at him, "that's fine, you're family here. I'll just be one more second; I can't find my jacket."

Sesshoumaru nodded, watching her head back into the kitchen. As soon as she was out of sight, the spell broke and he was left feeling incredibly stupid. 'Shimatta…that's the second time today!' he thought angrily. He didn't like the power that Rin seemed to hold over him, it made him insecure, which was not something he was used to feeling. And it didn't help that she could stay so calm and collected; he was supposed to be the composed one. Rin reappeared in the doorway with a black fleece in hand.

"Ready to go?" she asked cheerfully, grabbing her house key off of a hanger. Sesshoumaru could only nod and follow her out to his car, hoping that he would still be able to drive.

The car ride was spent reminiscing old times, almost all of them taking place over pizza, oddly enough.

"Ooh! Quick, pull in here, this is the place!" Rin said, pointing to a little pizzeria just down the road.

Sesshoumaru helped her out of the car and followed her into the building. Of all the years he had lived here he had never once stepped into the place. It had a light atmosphere and wasn't crowded with people, which Sesshoumaru regarded happily.

He looked over to his date-er, dinner friend, who motioned for him to follow her. He was starting to understand how Rin had felt all those years, always following him around. He could just see her grinning with satisfaction at being the leader for once.

They sat down across from each other in a little booth and resumed recalling fond memories, only pausing when their food arrived.

After they had both eaten their fill and paid for dinner, they walked back to the car, neither speaking a word. Sesshoumaru opened the passenger door for Rin, but she shook her head and held out her hand expectantly. He stared at her hand, unsure of what she wanted. Rin rolled her eyes and snatched Sesshoumaru's keys from his hands, racing over to the driver's side.

"By the way, I'm driving!" she called out giggling. Sesshoumaru blinked a few times, still standing outside of the passenger's door, so Rin revved the engine, wakening him from his coma-like state and forcing him to jump into the car. She skidded out of the parking lot and onto the highway, heading in the opposite way from home. Sesshoumaru watched as the pizzeria faded from his view before turning to the girl next to him.

"Rin, home's that way." He said, pointing behind them.

"I know."

"Where are we going then?"

"It's a secret."

"It's my car."

"So? I've got the keys."

"…"

Rin laughed, throwing her head back. "Don't worry, Sesshoumaru-sama, we're almost there. Here," she said as they came to a stop light, "take the wheel really quickly, I gotta do something." She leaned back so he could place a hand on the steering wheel, and lifted her sweater over her head.

Sesshoumaru's eyes nearly bulged out of her head. He watched as her sweater came off and was thrown to the back of the car. She sighed and placed her hands back on the steering wheel. She was now wearing a bright red tank top that was not exactly modest, showing quite a bit of cleavage and only making it halfway to her navel. The car started moving and he found that as hard as he tried, he could not unglue his eyes from her shirt. It was so…so…red…bright red…he decided then and there that red was his new favorite color.

Finally the car came to a halt and he was able to unattach his eyes and look around. Bright neon signs flashing the words "Sacred Jewel" were hung on the large building in front of them, which seemed to be pulsing from the loud music playing inside.

"We're here." Rin said quietly, grinning from ear to ear. Sesshoumaru looked from Rin to the building.

"Rin…this is a nightclub." He said sternly, not really liking this new idea.

"Not a nightclub, the nightclub." He didn't look convinced. She grabbed his arm and looked up at him with pleading eyes. "Come on Sesshoumaru-sama, I've never been clubbing before in my life. And besides, I have nothing to worry about; you'll protect me. You're the strongest one in the whole city, right?"

Damn. She had him there. If he were to say no now, it would only be admitting he wasn't able to protect her, which he was. Sesshoumaru sighed in defeat. Well, it couldn't hurt just to look around…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

WOOO! And there ya go! That may have been a slightly longer chappy, with a nice lil cliffy. ^_~

Oh! And I have found my muse once again, so look for a new chapter to I'm Sorry sometimes soon. And I'm also going to be starting a new fic, inspired by my adventures in Italia, it's a Kagome/Inuyasha fic, just cos it works better that way…^^; so look out for that one too!

Watashi o minasai: look at me.

(I think that's the only one…let me know if it's not!)

Thank you to all of my reviewers! I love you all! XD

IceSugarHigh: wow, that's a really great idea, and I must thank you for giving me the idea for this chappy, I'm not sure that it will go quite like that, but I'll see what I can do ^_~

Brooke: aw, thank you ^^, I hope they will to, we'll just have to see, ne? ^^

Friendlyreader: ty for the ideas! They are all so wonderful and each would work! I hope this one works too? ^^;

Minmay: lol, fanfics can be like that, can't they? I do that all the time and then get my friends all ticked off at me…they just don't understand the joy of fan fiction…lol, I guess this isn't as soon as possible, but perhaps somewhat close? ^^;

Jade: *claps* yay! I'm all hyper now too! You got me hyper! Wee! XD hey, did you know that my nickname is jade? Haha, ironic, ne?

Athar-Luna: thank you very much! I just love WAFF…what can I say? And if it means that Sessy will have to be out of character, than so be it! lol…

Aura-serenity4: aah, gomen for it being confusing! I try, but things make a heck of a lot more sense in my head…and yes, Sess is out of character, but you see, this way I can make him do my bidding >=D lol, I'm glad you like it tho ^^, and don't worry, you're a lot better at spelling than some…

Fallingkag: lol. *is glomped* XD *feels special* I'm glad you like it!

A biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig thank you also to TheEvilMusician, I, BladeSaturn, and Wink! ^^