InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Club Shikon ❯ Reverie ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She opened the door, wincing as it creaked loudly. Just two years ago, hundreds of people had spilled through that door every night, as if they owned the place. Back then, she had been completely in control. No one messed with Club Shikon, or they got kicked out right away.

And then she had met him…

Sighing, she walked across the dusty floor. Her black skirt brushed the ground as she slolwy crossed the expansive room. Once, this had been packed with people. Several broken glasses and upturned tables still lay misused on the ground. They had probably been upset during the rush to get out of the room. That was when she had left as well, abandoning the place that she had once called home.

Club Shikon was once a place full of class. Now…all that was left were broken glasses, half-filled bottles of liquer, and several bits of upholstry.

She sighed again and ran a hand over her abused bar. The wood was faded now, and there were chips and dents in what had once been smooth tapletop. Several tables were overturned entirely, and the occasional chair was snapped in half.

Crossing some more space and kicking up even more dust, she swallowed the lump in her throat and stepped onto the dance floor. Her steps echoed loudly in the empty room, but she was already fading back to a day long ago.

He pulled her closer, face burried in her hair. "…I'm sorry. There's no way…"

"What are you saying?" she had asked, looking up into his face.

"I'm saying…you probably won't see me again,"

And then he walked away, leaving her alone on the dance floor. Behind her, the orchestra continued with its haunting melody. `Why is he doing this?' she wondered. `He must be pushing me away for a reason,'

It was that reason that had caused her to return. After all this time, she was sure that the space would have been used for something else. It had been surprising that her key even worked. But now, standing in the middle of the floor, she could hear the people again and smell all of the perfumes. If she closed her eyes, she could even hear the orchestra.

There was no good in putting herself through such emotional pain. He was gone forever, and there was no more that she could do. It. Was. Over.

Walking to the other side of the room, she was about to turn and leave when something caught her eye. Heart in her throat, she walked over and picked it up. A little girl's red sparkling shoe was sitting on top of the object that she had come looking for.

Bending down, she freed the silver chain from the shoe and held the necklace up to the light. A smile spread across her face as she was bombarded by memories of what that little necklace had put her through…

Sorry it's so short. I'm working on another two stories right now, but I wanted to get this idea going. If I'm taking too long to update, give me a shout. Sometimes my mind forgets stories and I need people to tell me they want more.

You know the song, Inuyasha & crew don't belong to me. T_T if you'd like to see more that does, however, check out my other stories. ^_^ I try not to dissapoint my readers!