InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demonology ❯ The Higurashi Family Business ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome awoke in Inuyasha’s bed, wearing only an oversized shirt belonging to Inuyasha and nothing else.  She blushed at what she remembered the night before, and upon looking out the window, saw that it was the middle of the day.

 

            She saw the clock read 11 AM, and she almost shrieked.  She never sleeps this late.  She realized it was Sunday, she didn’t have work and she didn’t have school, so she could mosey around a bit, but she was wondering where Inuyasha was.  She found a pair of her jeans on the floor and put them on, leaving his shirt on.  Her hair was a mess and her body was still sore from her encounter with Naraku.  She walked out of the bedroom, hoping to see Inuyasha, but didn’t see a trace of him.  She walked into the living room and the kitchen, seeing a plate of fresh fruit waiting for her.  She smiled, knowing that he was thinking of her.  There was a note on the table.

 

Kagome,

Had to go to the police station, hopefully we can close this case for good.  You may get called into questioning, but it should finally be over when I submit my findings.

I should be back this afternoon, so take it easy. 

I love you.

Inuyasha

 

 

She held the note to her chest, letting a tear fall down her face.  She never thought that she would have someone tell her that before.  She remembered the night before more clearly, a blush touching her cheeks, and she smiled.  He truly loved her, and she knew he wasn’t lying.

She ate the fruit and made a cup of coffee, relaxing in his apartment.  Around 1 pm, she began to get antsy, so she showered and changed into more presentable clothes and left a note on the counter.

 

 

Inuyasha,

Thank you for the fruit, I was craving something sweet this morning.  I went back to my dorm, let me know when you get home, I’ll come over.  Maybe we can celebrate the closing of this case.

I love you too.

Kagome

 

 

She knew that actually saying it would be difficult, but she could write it without any issue.  She put on her coat and scarf and left the apartment.  As she was walking the narrow alleys in Manhattan, she was nearing the school when she felt a warm buzzing sensation on her arm.  Suddenly her vision went white and she was on the ground, twitching.  Her body was unresponsive as her world went black, but the last thing she saw was the face of her mother, staring angrily down.

 

Inuyasha woke up in a cell, his wrists handcuffed to the bars in front of him.  He looked to his side and saw Sango also chained up in a cell.  The room reeked of vomit and urine, and he knew he was in the holding cell for drunkards.  He looked up and saw the chief and Kagura staring down at him.

“You know, that Higurashi girl, she had a pretty hefty reward for finding her, from multiple sources,” the chief said, cleaning his nail with a knife.  His eye contact never broke with Inuyasha, who felt his body be engulfed by rage.

 

“Oh did she now?” Inuyasha growled.  Sango was passed out, blood staining her forehead.  The smell of his partner’s blood caused his blood to boil that much more.  He tried to break the handcuffs off his wrists but all they did was dig in deeper to his skin.

 

He could hear the chief laugh.  “They’re enchanted, you’ll never get out of them.  No her parents were looking for her.  She apparently is worth quite a bit to them.  They didn’t know that there was such a niche market for demons to drink human blood, especially that of Kagome’s.  When they heard how much Naraku was willing to pay to drink from her drugged body, they doubled their reward price.  Naraku was also paying me to get her into the den.  They knew you were interested in her, so we planted everything.

 

“We planted the demons in the coffee shop to talk about her when you were listening, we planted spies at the thunder brothers, and of course, we left bugs at Jinenji’s to monitor what herbs she was being given so we knew the dosage to give her when you finally let her in the Thunder brothers.  This has been orchestrated for months now, and you fell straight into it, Inuyasha.”

 

Inuyasha felt guilt well up inside of him.  How could he have known that the police were this corrupt?  He thought and realized that he already knew they were this corrupt, but he just didn’t want to believe it.

 

“Your brother nearly ruined everything though, he caught on faster than normal, but we took care of his human too.  She’s locked up in an… undisclosed dungeon until the Higurashi girl is safely out of New York.  Your brother gets her back when the deal is done.”


“And me?  What are you going to do with me?” Inuyasha growled, purple scars appearing on the side of his face.  His body was shaking with anger as he wanted to rip the throat out of the human in front of him.

 

Kagura stepped forward, laughing.  “Why, demon police officers die in the field every day and nobody cares.  What do you think they’d think of a half-breed like yourself?  Nobody cares about the halfings.  They’re barely human, wouldn’t you agree?”

 

Inuyasha pulled on the handcuffs once more, feeling himself bleed onto the cuffs, creating a lubricant.  He wondered if he could just slip his hand out of the cuffs…

 

 

“Why don’t you go to hell, you burnt-out witch?” Inuyasha cursed between clenched teeth.  She laughed again.  Just then, her phone rang.

 

 

“This is Kagura,” she said into the phone.  A muffled voice could be heard on the other end.  “You got her?  Fantastic.  What do you want me to do with Dog Breath?”

 

 

Inuyasha used one of his claws to pick the lock a bit on the handcuffs, loosening it up just enough to get his hand through.  He tried to be subtle, keeping his free hand covered so they wouldn’t suspect anything.

 

 

The Chief sat on his chair and pulled a flask out of his pocket, pouring an unusually large amount of liquor into his coffee and taking a sip.  “I haven’t decided what to do with the reward yet,” the chief told Inuyasha, just putting salt in the wound now. 

 

 

“Reward?” Inuyasha asked, trying to get the chief to talk.  The more information he could get, the better off he’d be at rescuing Kagome.  He kept the one handcuff on his hand so suspicion wouldn’t grow.  He looked over at Sango, completely passed out.  He knew that her life wasn’t in complete danger, but he had to get her out of there. 

 

 

The chief took a sip of his drink.  “Oh, her parents were looking for her when she ran off.  She had too much information.  On top of that, she’s a cute one.  They weren’t selling her body except the one time, but after that girl died, they needed a replacement girl and she was so feisty.  They say you always have to break a stallion to get them to stop being so independent.  They were just breaking her in so she’d listen.  They never thought she’d run away.  Now that they have her back, and they know that the demons are willing to pay so much for the drugs in her system, what better way to break her than get her addicted to something like heroin?  Of course, they’ll closely monitor her so she doesn’t run away again.  I suspect chains will be in order.”

 

 

Inuyasha could barely control his anger.  What kind of people would sell their own child?  And to demons no less?  “So are they leaving New York?”

 

 

The chief laughed.  “After Naraku is finished with her.  He’s paying a heavy sum to the Higurashi’s before they leave.  He said she tastes untainted.  Something he hasn’t found in centuries.  The fact that she’s even that much better with drugs made him hooked on her.  I think her family will have a hard time getting her back from him.  But we’ll see.”

 

 

Kagura returned to the room after closing her phone.  “Come on, we have to get going.  Naraku needs extra guards.  We’ll leave them here for now.  There’s no rush to kill them yet.”  The chief got up, bringing his coffee with him and they left the room, locking the door behind them.    Inuyasha pulled the handcuffs off his wrists and sliced Sango’s wrists free from the cuffs.  He waited a few minutes until the scents of the chief and Kagura were long gone, and he sensed no other demons, before he kicked the cell door down.  Sango stirred, slowly coming awake, but too groggy to do anything.

 

 

“Hang in there, Sango,” Inuyasha whispered, picking her up and carrying her out of the police station.  He wasn’t expecting it to be the middle of the night.  The normal sounds of New York filled his ears.  He took a deep breath, catching the smells of demons and humans intertwined.  He took off, jumping from building to building until he reached his penthouse, entering through a window.  Myouga was pacing in his bedroom, a look of concern on his face. 

 

 

“Myouga, take care of Sango,” He said before Myouga could say anything.  Inuyasha’s wrists were already healed, but were caked in dried blood.  Sango was drifting in and out of consciousness, moaning in pain.  “Call Jinenji and bring him here, his place is bugged and nobody can know we escaped yet.”

 

 

“Yes Milord.”

 

 

Inuyasha picked up his house phone and called his brother.

 

 

“Inuyasha I can’t talk now, they’ve got Rin---,” Sesshoumaru began to say, but Inuyasha cut him off.

 

 

“She’s in some sort of dungeon, they won’t give her back until Kagome is out of New York, and Naraku is feeding on Kagome as we speak.  She’s been kidnapped by her family and is being sold.”

 

 

Sesshoumaru was quiet for a minute, and Inuyasha knew that he was shaking in anger.  “I’ll find them.  I have a pretty good idea where Naraku is.  And he specifically said Dungeon?  It might be code for the Vampire’s Dungeon.  They have a nasty habit of holding humans in cells for meals.  Fucking Vampires.”

 

 

“You check there, I’ll be going to the Thunder Brother’s and see if I can find Kagome.”

 

 

He hung up the phone and grabbed a towel, cleaning off the caked blood from his wrists.  He heard a knock at the door and was greeted by a red haired man with thick-rimmed glasses and grease stained clothes.  “Show me the girl,” he said in a raspy voice.

 

 

Inuyasha led him through the apartment and showed him Sango.  He pulled a blue liquid out of his leather satchel, placing a few drops into Sango’s mouth.  Sango’s eyes opened wide as she took deep breaths. 

 

 

“Inuyasha!” she gasped, trying to sit up, but the dizziness knocking her back down.  “Inuyasha what happened?”

 

 

Inuyasha filled her in on everything he could, causing Sango to shake with anger.  “What are we going to do next?”

 

 

“You’re not doing anything.  You’re far too injured.  Sesshoumaru and I are going to go in.  Jinenji and Myouga will take care of you while I’m gone.

 

 

“By the way, Jinenji,” Inuyasha said, addressing the red head, “Your place has been bugged so it’s no longer safe.”

 

 

“I found a few of them, but I have no idea how many there are,” he replied.  “I’ll stay here with Sango and make sure she’s alright.  You go save Kagome and Rin.”

 

 

Inuyasha walked to the kitchen and a note caught his eye.  He read Kagome’s handwriting and felt his emotions rise up in his chest.  He traced the worlds, “I love you too” over and over again.  He had lost the love of his life once, he wasn’t about to let it happen again.  A tear slipped from his eye and he quickly wiped it away.  He wasn’t going to let it end this way.  He couldn’t. 

 

 

He walked out the front door of his penthouse, taking the elevator down.  He was going to the Vampire’s Dungeon to save Rin first.  Once Rin was safe, he would be able to save Kagome. 

 

-*-*-*-

 

Kagome woke up in a daze.  Her body ached all over and the room was dark.  She tried to move and found that her wrists were bound.  She tried to move her legs and they were bound in shackles.  As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she could make out that she was chained to a wall.  She realized she was alone in the room and there was nothing but a bucket in the corner for, what she presumed, was to relieve herself.

 

Fear grasped her heart, not knowing where she was or what was going to happen.  She felt filthy, her clothes smelling rancid and her body covered in bruises.  She tried to loosen up the ties on her wrists, but it was no use.  Her hands were barely able to move and untying the knot would be damn near impossible.  She began to chew on the rope, but her teeth weren’t sharp enough to cut it. 

 

She began to cry, feeling helpless.  She kept kicking her legs, willing the chains to break off the wall, but with no such luck.  Heavy sobs wracked her body as she pulled at the chains in frustration.

 

“LET ME OUT!  PLEASE!  IF ANYONE CAN HEAR ME PLEASE LET ME OUT!” she screamed the top of her lungs, her voice cracking from the sobs.  She heard footsteps come towards the door, and when the door opened her heart sank.  Standing before her was her mother with an angry look on her face.

 

“Kagome, nobody can hear you.  You’ve been a naughty girl, running away from home and worrying us.  This is for your own good.”

 

“None of this is for me!” she hissed.  “If you cared about me you wouldn’t have me in chains!  If you cared you wouldn’t have sold me!”

 

“Oh honey… it’s just business.  You need to realize that we all have a place in this world, and yours is here with us.  Our family has been doing this for centuries, it’s nothing to be ashamed of.”

 

“It’s slavery,” Kagome spat, her body shaking with rage.  Her fear was diminishing the longer she spoke to her mother, who was eerily calm.

 

“It is slavery, but we’re the slavers.  Nobody cares about widows and orphans.  Nobody misses them, they’re a burden on society.  We give them a purpose.”

 

“You sell their flesh like a butcher!”

 

“Only when they can’t work anymore,” Kagome’s mother corrected, making Kagome’s face falter.

 

“Now, I didn’t realize how special you were,” Kagome’s mother continued.  Pulling a needle and syringe out of her pocket.  Kagome backed up towards the wall as her mother came closer.  “You see, we never sold our girls to demons because, well, we didn’t want those filthy  half-breeds running around to take care of.  Babies can be resold, but nobody will pay for a half-breed.  But I didn’t know that your blood was so special.  Untainted, that diplomat said.  Pure, fresh, revitalizing.  Now I wonder why you’re so special, my dear?  Anyway, he’s paid us more money than we’ve ever seen in a lump sum to enjoy you for the next two days, and we don’t want to disappoint him.”

 

Kagome’s mother lowered herself so she was inches from Kagome’s face.  “You do as you’re ordered, or that half-breed bastard and his friend die.  And you’ll watch just like with Ayame.  Am I understood?”

 

Kagome spit in her mother’s face.  She wiped the spit off and looked at her hand, taking a moment to consider her daughter’s actions.  Within an instant, Kagome’s face was stinging from the slap her mother retaliated with. 

 

“That’s a warning,” her mother said sternly.  “Next time it’s the riding crop.”  Kagome didn’t move, knowing that her mother was serious.  She hoped that Inuyasha could escape, but she knew that if he was captured and being held hostage, her running away again would result in his death.  She didn’t know which friend they  had, which made her all the more nervous.  She felt her mother stick the needle in her arm, and within a moment she felt the drug’s effects.  Her body no longer felt like it was in pain and she felt pure euphoria.  She laid down on the floor in a daze, feeling the drugs lift her spirit high, unable to properly move.  Her mother unlocked the shackles and forced her on her feet.  She was wobbly, unsure of what to do or where to go when her mother led her to another room with a couch and Naraku.

 

Naraku licked his lips in delight as his treat was brought to him.  Kagome was shoved down to sit on the couch, her hair roughly moved to the side as Naraku bit down on her shoulder, tasting her blood in his mouth, feeling the euphoric effects on himself.  As he slowly drained the blood from her body, her head became more fuzzy, her world going black, wishing that Inuyasha would come and find her…

 

 

Author’s Note:  Will Inuyasha save Rin and Kagome?  Will Naraku get his just desserts?  Will Kagome’s mom be caring?  Stay tuned for the next and (Likely final) Chapter of Demonology!

Please comment your thoughts or ideas!