InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Enlightened Hearts: Miroku & Sango ficlets ❯ Caught and Careful ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Caught and Careful
 
Miroku emerged from the forest rubbing his sore cheek, and Inuyasha looked at him suspiciously as the girls walked behind him, fully dressed and clean from their bath. Sango was laughing loudly, and Kagome was looking down at her hand in amazement.
 
“Wow, that slap was harder than I intended,” said the girl. Sango waved off her concern with a flick of her hand.
 
“It was your turn to put the pervert in his place, and he deserved it.” She gave Miroku the evil eye as he turned around to speak. His jaw clamped shut from the sheer intimidation rolling off Sango's face.
 
“Still, he barely got in a peek. We were already dressed. Isn't that right, Miroku?” Kagome asked with a subtle coyness.
 
“Ah, well…” He began, but suddenly he was silenced by Sango's sweet, strong palm to his face.
 
“Tread cautiously when you speak, Houshi-sama,” Sango said warningly; however, he could see amusement alit in her eyes. “Your left cheek could match your right.”
 
He chuckled nervously. “Kagome-sama is correct,” he spoke against her palm before she drew it away. He saw her shiver and then compose herself. He dared not show his delight when he considered his lips against her hand like a kiss.
 
He grinned, but not too wolfishly. “You ladies were quick to find me anyway.”
 
Sango eyed him suspiciously. She didn't like how congratulatory he sounded.