InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice ❯ Learning of Her ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alone.

It's such a useless word.

Some use it to describe what they feel when they are by themselves.

But it's never true.

Someone else is always there. . .

Always.

Fire and Ice

Chapter One

Learning of Her

bs~

"I still say there all idiots." Sango grumbled to Kikyou as she stirred the stew. Kikyou gracefully arched an eyebrow at the cook. The aromatic scent of the stew filled the kitchen up, making it appear rather homey. 'I can't say that about the castle though.' Sango thought grimly, thinking of the bare, stone walls that slunked besides the corrider floor, which was only under a piece of simple cloths. 'Inuyasha's such a fool.' She thought as she remembered the dwindling food supply.

"Inuyasha too?" Sango mentally slapped herself.

"U-uh. You know I didn't mean it like that!" She burst out, not wanting to get scolded and maybe even punished for that remark.

"It's alright. I know you meant it anyway." Kikyou said in such an emotionless way, so dead-panned that Sango couldn't help bursting out laughing.

"Yeah." Kikyou stated as she began giggling.

Soon, the nonstop giggling became full out laughter.

Kikyou was sprawled on the table holding her stomach, and laying on her side, laughing her heart out.

Sango had slid to the ground, she too holding her stomach.

Forgotten to them, the pot of stew kept bubbling. . .

^.~

"I swear you're getting faster." Bankotsu swore as he dodged yet another blow from Inuyasha. Both men were sweating like crazy and were panting for breath. But while Inuyasha was still smirking, and bouncing every other step, Bankotsu was leaning against his Banryuu.

"Nope. It's your - " and he lunged for another blow, but was blocked skillfully by Bankotsu, "imagination. That sword is keeping you DOWN!" and he struck, this time hitting its target, Bankotu's face.

Bankotsu went flying across the room, slamming into the wall and sliding down with a loud 'thump'.

"A-asshole. . ." Bankotsu muttered weakly, closing his eyes.

"Aw. . ." Inuyasha came over and offered his defeated general a hand. Bankotsu took it quickly. "Next time, find another, lighter, weapon to use against me."

That was when Sango ran towards him screaming. It wasn't until a second later that Inuyasha fully comprehended what she was saying.

"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!!!!"

^.~

"I still don't see why I have to be the one to do this!" she yelled. The man sipping his tea continued to drink. After he had had his fill, he put the cup down.

The woman was glaring at him.

"Because, my dear," he sneered, "YOU are the only woman passible enough to seduce that prince. And besides, YOU won't fall in love with him. Remember who has your heart." He mocked tauntingly.

Kagura sighed. "Fine. But why does wolfy boy have to come with me?" she cocked her head to the forementioned wolf youkai, laying on the ground and examining his hand. "What the hell are you doing anyway?" she snapped. He graced her with a lazy gaze and went back to looking over his hand.

"Something's not right there. . ."

"That, Kouga, is because of the Shikon. Can't you feel its presence here? I can just sense the power coming off of it." Naraku sighed. "Can't wait to get it."

Kagura drew in a sharp breath. "Men. . ."

Naraku's eyes drew into slits and directed them at her. "Don't take that tone with me, you insolent wench!" Squeezing something in his hand, he smiled cruelly as Kagura gasped and collasped to the floor, clutching her chest, one hand reaching out as if to hold onto someone's hand.

Naraku noticed this and sneered. "Don't ever expect anyone to come for you. A pitiful woman such as yourself deserves no one and will, in return, get no one. Remember that."

Kouga, who had lifted himself up into a sitting position, watched with pity at the girl struggling on the ground. But Naraku noted this and an interested glimmer showed up in his eyes.

"Kouga. I have a job for you too. I have heard of a woman. . ."

^.~

". . . so powerful, that she could easily tip the scales on the war." Myouga finished. Miroku gawked at the flear for a minute before jumping out of his chair.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BEFORE!" he shouted.

Myouga adjusted the collar of his shirt uncomfortably. "Well, Ah. . . one had to go and check to see if this rumor is true."

"IS IT?" Miroku yelled impatiently.

"Yes. I have confirmed it to be true. You see, Sesshoumauru had dispatched men to go hunt after her yesterday. They found her, but she eluded them. We need to hurry if we want her on our side." Myouga stated as he jumped onto Miroku's robes, and hung for dear life as the monk ran like a horde of ugly women were at his back. (^^)

Turning round the corner, Miroku noted all the smoke and instantly forgot why he was running. "What's going on?" he tapped a servant passing by.

"Lady Sango forgot she was cooking again." Miroku grinned. Time to comfort the 'distressed' maiden!

Well, she would be after Inuyasha was through with her. That man had ways of making even he, Miroku, guilty. That was an amazing feat.

Not that he'd ever want to relive that experience though.

"What's happened?" he asked as he walked up towards Inuyasha and Sango.

Inuyasha was looking very mad. . .

"Oi!" Miroku tried again, and it caught Inuyasha's attention.

"This woman," he growled as he grabbed Miroku's collar roughly, "has YET to explain to me why she has burned the food for the FIFTH time this week."

Sango eeped and started running off. "SORRY! I'LL FIX IT!" she yelled back.

Inuyasha turned his attention back onto Miroku, choosing to chew out Miroku, since he was less inclined to cry.

Well, except for that one time. . .

^.~

She leapt through the trees, so fast that she appeared to be flying.

But her pursuers knew better.

They had been informed by Lord Sesshoumaru of her skills.

All they had to do was chase her until she was exhaustated. Then, they would capture her.

But the problem was, she just wouldn't stop running!

But there was that problem with the huge white wolf. . .

It had already taken out half of the men sent to capture her. And that was a LOT.

But none of the men dared return to the fortress without the girl. They knew the wrath of Sesshoumaru.

^.~

"What the hell do you mean by that?" Kouga growled. Kagura sighed and glanced back at the irritated wolf.

"I meant what I said."

"But you can't possibly be serious!" he snarled.

Kagura sighed. She turned around. She pulled out her fan.

And then she proceeded to whack Kouga on the head with it.

"OW! FUCK!" Kouga whined as he backed away from the violent wind user. He rubbed his head and scowled at the smirking woman. "Why do I have to be the one captured?"

"Because, you my not so dear friend, won't be groped by those perverts!" and adding a devious smile to her face, she added, ". . .unless they're gay. Which I hear is a lot there."

Kouga snarled. "If you fuckin' want me to do this, then shut the hell up!"

Kagura snickered. "So I'm finally getting to ya huh?"

"You got to me the moment we met." And he stormed off, looking for the entrance of the fort.

^.~

"WHAT?" Inuyasha yelled. He stared in disbelief at the flat flea on his palm weakly muttering incomprehensible words.

"Well, Myouga-sama has explained to me that there is in fact a woman that can strengthen our side. However, Sesshoumaru has already dispatched men but they have yet to catch her."

Inuyasha stared.

"I'm going to kill someone from all this stress." He ground out, only to be thwacked on the head by Sango.

"Better not be me! Y'anno I'm the one who keeps the men in shape." Sango stated jokingly. Inuyasha had apparently forgotten about her little dinner mishap and she intended to keep it that way.

"You sure keep me awake Sango!" Miroku commented with a leer in his eyes. Sango blushed furiously while muttering 'Perverted lech'.

Well it was either that or 'Peaches and leeks'. Miroku's hearing wasn't that good.

" - travel at dawn! Miroku, Sango, and I will be going as will two dozen soldiers!" Inuyasha barked out and looked at Miroku. "Got that?"

"Huh?" Inuyasha cuffed the monk on the head while storming out.

"You, me, him, and two dozen soldiers will be going tomorrow to look for that girl." Sango hissed in his direction as she left to go prepare their food supply.

Miroku grinned. Sango was all his now. . .

^.~

"I see that you have failed the task." He spoke calmly observing the man trembling before him.

"Our troops are doing our best My Lord! We have devised a plan to get her to - "

"Silence, you fool." Sesshoumaru growled. "I have to do everything myself."

"B-but sir!"

Sesshoumaru glanced down displeased with the man. Striking his hand out once, he pulled his hand back and noted the blood. With disgust, he motioned for the men standing still as statues behind him to clean up the bloody mess. . .

^.~

Collasping beside a tree, she sat there for what seemed like forever. Panting, she looked around wearily for her pursuers.

To her surprise, there was none. Slowly standing up, she peered around her tree and the forest, trying to sense them.

But they were no where.

Kagome sank back down and sighed, only to have a net thrown over her.

Two men leapt out of the trees and one poked her with some poisonous substance. Trying to get up, Kagome found it harder and harder to use her arms.

Slowly, she drifted off, losing conscious of everything.

0-o-0-o-0
 
AN: For some incredibly odd odd reason this chapter was deleted… ><