InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Haze of the Heart ❯ Risa Higurashi ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6- Risa Higurashi
 
Kougasmate- oh my god everyone, I am sooooooooooooooo sorry it took so long for me to get this back up! I started high school, and so much has happened since my last chapter, and I truly apologize! Well, I know this chapter is relatively short, but, I just had to end it on the sentence I ended it on! I am going to try to type out the next chapter today, but I promise nothing. Some idiot stole my backpack at school, and with only about a week left, I really need it to study for finals! I couldn't believe my poor luck! I recently got the third Inuyasha movie and am in love with it, although I sold it for three comics, I still borrow it a lot. Anyway, here is the next, long awaited, installment!
 
 
 
The year 2015 was to be an glorious year for humanity, which had been plagued by an evil for so long, no one knew it's origin, though no one knew it. It wouldn't be until a few years later that the blessing would reveal itself in the form of an outcast of society, a sly teen with a affinity for women, and the woman who held his attention. The three children were to meet under uncertain circumstances, and form an unbreakable bond. But, one piece was still missing, but, with the year 2007, the puzzle was completed with the birth of a child with sapphire eyes and dark black hair. She was named Risa, and raised to be joyful and kind in a world ridden with despair. Now, the four are to meet, and forge a path into a light, a path that has been closed for far to long…
Risa sat outside of her family temple, long black hair styled into a tasteful bun at the nape of her neck, watching the blooming sakura with fascinated eyes. “Year after year, the sakura never fail to take my breath away…” she murmured, sighing and putting her head in her hand, with her elbow propped on her knee. She wore the traditional clothes of a priestess, and a forgotten broom lay forlornly at her feet, brushed away as the youth stopped to take in the beauty of the sakura. The sakura bloomed year after year, even though the sky was forever dark, and rain fell in hard bullets, slicking the grimy ground and rendering it a pit of slime. The world was in chaos, and had been since years long, long passed. But Risa, pure, innocent Risa, could not find it in herself to be gloomy. Instead, she opted to find the small beauties in life and magnify them.
Suddenly, her father opened the door, calling out to his daughter, the light in his world, “Risa, have you finished sweeping the steps yet?” Risa stood hurriedly, grasping the forgotten broom once more and called back, “I'm working on it dad!” Her father smiled, but it wasn't the happy smile one generally sees from a proud father, but one of melancholy, and pain, and he thought, “She is so much like kagome… how I wish she hadn't died all those years ago…” Souta shook his head, replacing his sad smile with a genuine grin. “Come on Risa, you can finish later, kay?” Risa nodded, running into the house and changing.
After changing into a tight fitting tank top of mellow blue, and black jeans with sparkles deep within the fabric, Risa took a last look at herself in the mirror. Today was her mall-day, Saturday, and she sure as hell wanted to look good. Satisfied that her hair and make-up left no room for improvement, and that her outfit was almost devilishly stylish, she ran from her room, hoping down the stairs in her house one by one. An up-beat and popular song flowed from her mouth, one by her favorite band, Bad Luck*. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she grabbed her purse and turned on her cell-phone, checking how many minutes she had left on it. Reaching up to open the door, she turned around and saw the small shrine erected in honor of her grandfather, and her late aunt, and said a silent greeting to them. People always took time to stop an ask if she was in anyway related to Kagome Higurashi, as there resemblance was almost uncanny. Aside from her haircut and slightly narrower eyes, she could have very well passed as her aunt. As far as attitude, however, she knew nothing. No one ever talked of Kagome around Risa, not even Grandmother Higurashi. Sighing, her mood some what dampened by the thought of the aunt she never knew, Kagome opened the door and stepped into the gray skied, muddy grounded day, taking time, to stop and smell the Sakura.
 
 
 
 
*okay, for anyone who's watched Gravitation, you'll know where bad luck is from. For those of you that don't, it's a band in an anime, and it rocks!
 
Note- since kagome never visited the past, the world was hit with a shock wave, like a time wave thing, and the world fell into chaos starting from the time of 1500s, so no one knows that the world had once been a beautiful place.
 
Special thanks goes to RyousGirl567 for the review! Without it, I would have probably forgotten all about this story and never restarted it! Thank you!