InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Be There For You ❯ Meeting of Friends ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Meeting of Friends
 
**********
 
Inuyasha woke slowly, stretching as he recalled where he was. He smiled as he remembered the previous night. Kagome had forgiven him, and they had stayed up late just talking. Thankfully, her mother offered him the use of the spare room for the length of his stay.
 
Getting out of bed, Inuyasha made his way to the bathroom and took a quick shower. He dressed for the day, and running his fingers through his still damp hair, opened the door. He surprised Kagome, who had her hand raised to knock. Placing a quick kiss on her lips, he said “Good morning, beautiful!”
 
Kagome blushed and replied “Good morning to you too. Mom wanted me to let you know that breakfast is ready.”
 
“Sounds good to me, lead the way.”
 
The two teens walked into the kitchen where Mrs. Higurashi had just dished out a large bowl of scrambled eggs and ham. “Good morning! Help yourselves. Grandpa and Sota have already eaten and have left for the day.” She smiled at them and asked as they were being seated, “What are your plans for today?”
 
“Well, Sango, Miroku, and I were going to the mall and then thought we'd catch a movie a bit later. I can call and see if they would mind if I brought Inuyasha along; that is if you would like to come of course.”
 
“I would like that. Hell, I would like anything as long as I got to spend time with you.” Kagome blushed (A/N: she seems to do that a lot) and turned away quickly. Silence fell over the kitchen as the two young people finished their breakfast.
 
“I'll go call Sango now. I'll be right back.” Kagome got up and went to the living room to use the phone. Inuyasha started to clear the table and load the dishes into the sink. Kagome's mother watched him with a small smile.
 
“How long can you stay, Inuyasha?”
 
“I have this week off; I have to be back for work next Monday.”
 
“That's wonderful! Kagome's senior prom is next Saturday, and she doesn't have a date yet.”
 
Inuyasha smiled. “That is a great idea. I'll ask her.”
 
Kagome came back into the kitchen. “Everything is set. We'll meet them at the food court at 12:30.” Inuyasha noticed that it was only 8:45.
 
“What would you like to do until then?” he asked.
 
“I could show you around a bit if you like.”
 
“Sounds good. I am ready when you are.”
 
“Okay, let's go. We'll be home later this evening mom”
 
“Bye dears! Have fun!” Mrs. Higurashi watched as the young couple walked out the door. `Ah, young love…'
 
Walking hand in hand down the stairs, Kagome lead Inuyasha down to the street. She was a good tour guide, pointing out items of interest and telling amusing stories about the places and people they saw. After a while, they found themselves in a small park. Finding an empty bench, Inuyasha sat down and Kagome reclined against his chest.
 
“Are you okay with everything that happened last night?” he asked her, running his fingers through her hair.
 
“Mmm hmm.” Kagome gave him a bright smile. “I am so glad that you are here with me. How long can you stay?”
 
“I thought that I'd stay through next weekend. I would like to take you to your prom, if you would like to go out with me.”
 
Kagome sat up quickly and turned to him. “Really? That would be wonderful!” Inuyasha leaned in and gave her a kiss. She found herself melting into his arms. She was so happy, she could hardly believe it.
 
Inuyasha found that he could feel the happiness resonate through their bond. He smiled at her as he brushed a stray hair from her face. “Your mom told me that the dance was next Saturday, since I am planning on still being around, I figured that I could take you. After all, I am your boyfriend.”
 
Kagome smiled at him. “I like the sound of that… boyfriend. That means that I'm your girlfriend, right?” She had a mischievous twinkle in her eye. Inuyasha smirked at her and replied, “Well, one of them at least.” Kagome mock pouted and hit his arm. Laughing, Inuyasha gave her a kiss that erased any doubts she may have had about his intentions.
 
Settling back against Inuyasha, Kagome was quiet for a while. Inuyasha was content to stare at the beautiful girl in his arms. “Inuyasha, what are you going to do this week while I'm in school?”
 
“Well, I will probably offer to help your mom and grandfather around the shrine. I will definitely be taking you to school and picking you up. I want all the time I can get with you.” Kagome agreed happily.
 
“If we are going to meet your friends, we should probably get going.”
 
Kagome helped the young man to his feet. Reaching up, she gave him a quick kiss. “I love you, `Yasha.”
 
“I love you too, `Gome.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A short time later, the two found themselves at the crowded mall. Kagome was aware of the stares that she and Inuyasha received. She smiled to herself and held on to his arm in order to be a bit closer. Grinning down at her, Inuyasha snaked his arm around her waist. He felt like he was the luckiest guy around, and if the looks that he was getting, the others thought so as well.
 
Nearing the food court, Inuyasha allowed Kagome to take the lead to find her friends. She paused for a moment and listened.
 
“Watch the hand!”
 
“But my dear…”
 
*SLAP!*
 
Kagome giggled softly. “Miroku and Sango are already here. Hey guys!” She led Inuyasha over to her two friends. Inuyasha saw an angry girl about Kagome's age and a young man sporting a red handprint on his face. “This is Inuyasha; Inuyasha, this is Sango and Miroku, my best friends.”
 
Sango looked at the young man she had heard so much about. She approved of the look of devotion that she saw in his eyes as he looked at her friend. She noticed that Kagome seemed to return the emotion as well. “Hey Kagome, I approve!” Inuyasha blushed faintly.
 
Miroku shook Inuyasha's hand. “Glad to finally meet you.”
 
“You're the one that told Kagome about the soul connection, right?” Miroku nodded. “Thanks. I was going to tell her, but you beat me to it.”
 
“No problem. Hey, I have some embarrassing stories that I bet Kagome hasn't told you.”
 
“Miroku, you wouldn't dare!” Kagome stared at him, mortified.
 
“Sure I would! Just watch.” Grabbing Inuyasha by the shoulder, he led the way down the mall. “Two years ago, Kagome got detention for...” Embarrassed, Kagome and Sango followed the boys.
 
“He is sooo cute! I may be jealous! So spill it! I want to know everything!”
 
Kagome blushed and then told her friend about Inuyasha showing up at the shrine the day before and about their conversation. She didn't say anything about the consequences though. “What did he say about the kiss?”
 
Kagome turned a bright red. Up ahead, Inuyasha paused in what he was telling Miroku and looked back at her, smiled and gave her a wink before turning back to what he had been saying. `Oh no! He must have felt that through the connection…' “I'll tell you later.” Sango looked at her friend. She had caught the look that Inuyasha a passed to Kagome; now she was really curious.
 
“I'll hold you to that.”
 
The group of teens made it to the theater and got in line for their tickets. Kagome stood with her back pressed against Inuyasha's chest, his arms wrapped around her, and her arms over his. Sango sighed. “They make a really cute couple, don't they Miroku?” Miroku nodded.
 
They weren't the only ones to notice the couple. He was not pleased with what he saw. “She's mine! I will not allow anyone to take her from me!” He hissed softly as he turned away in disgust. “Kagome, you're mine!”
 
************
 
TBC
 
Evil cliffy!