InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inishu ❯ Inishu ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sango and Miroku were lying motionless off to the right, blood slowly appearing threw there clothes. Inu Yasha was pinned to the ground, a demon holding his neck; Naraku.
 
“It seems Inu Yasha; you have lost your will to fight since your precious Kagome left you”
Inu Yasha growled; physical and emotional pain consumed his body. “Shut up Naraku”
Naraku laughed proudly “what's the matter?”
“What do you know?” Inu Yasha made an attempt to move, but it was hopeless.
Naraku looked deep within Inu Yasha's eyes. “You still don't know do you half-bread?”
“Know what?”
Naraku laughs much louder. “Your companions didn't tell you, they know why she left.”
“What?”
“Why don't you ask them?”
“feh, It's none of your business”
“Oh but it is”
Inu Yasha's heart stopped. “What did you do to her? If you hurt her I'll kill you”
Naraku whispered. “What could you do? You're pinned here? Your life is in my hands” He tightened his grip.
“WHAT DID YOU DO YOU BASTARD?”
“Nothing that you shouldn't have expected.” Naraku smiled evilly.
“What's that supposed to mean?” Inu Yasha growled.
“Why would a girl leave when the man she loves wishes to kill her then give the souls back to its rightful owner.”
“WHAT? KILL HER? SHE'D NEVER THINK THAT!”
Naraku disappeared. “There is no point in killing you until you know.” `Suffer Inu Yasha! Suffer knowing she left you out of fear.'
 
-------
“COME BACK HERE
“MOM!” the boy wined.
“It's time for bed Inishu, stop struggling.” Kagome laughed. She had the boy wrapped in her arms upside down. He wiggled the best he could, but his mother had the a death grip.
“But I'm not tired.”
“Yes you are, besides, we have to get up early tomorrow” Kagome smiled warmly as she walked into his room and laid him down in the bed. She ran to the door and closed it right before he got there. She stood in front of it smiling down at him”
“Mom! It's summer vacation! Why do I have to get up early?” The boy stood there with his arms crossed. He looked just like his father. His little Silver ears twitched with annoyance. His angry eyes looked to be brown, but underneath the contacts his eyes glowed a beautiful golden color. His claws dug into his hands as he made fists.
Kagome giggled to herself.
“Whats so funny” Inishu fumed.
“Nothing, looked you go brush your teeth, take out your contacts and get in bed.” She opened the door and stood in the doorway, blocking his path. “And if you don't I will make sure you get a hair cut that is short” she turned to look at him “like Souta's”
The boy looked at her in horror. “You wouldn't” he loved his hair to be long.
Kagome just smiled. “I just might”
Not trusting that smiling he moped to the bathroom and did as he was told. Getting back in bed he called for his mother.
Kagome walked threw the door. “Yes”
“Tell me a story” He smiled innocently.
“ok” she walked over to him and sat down on the bed next to his legs. “What one do you want to here?”
“Tell me about Inu Yasha!” he said excitedly.
Smiling, he was just like his father, she began “ok, there was once this Man named Inu Yasha. He was the bravest man that ever lived.”
The boys smiled even bigger.
“He went in search for a jewel that could grant any wish for he wanted to be a demon. He desired power so no one could push him around. The only problem is that the jewel was protected by a very powerful priestess who he fell deeply in love with. They had planned to be together forever.”
“Then what?”
“Haven't I told you this already?”
“No, what's the priestess's name?”
“Kikyo”
“What happened? Did they end up together?”
“Unfortunately not, they were tricked by a terrible demon. The demon-”
“Naraku right?”
“Yes, he had given Kikyo a fatal wound disguised as Inu Yasha, making her believe that he wanted to kill her. She used the rest of her strength to find him and seal him to a tree. She died a few minutes later at the feet of her sleeping love”
Inishu noticed his mother's sad face and smelled the tears forming. “Mother?” the boy asked worriedly.
“Yes?” she tired to hide the pain.
“Why is it that whenever you talk about Inu Yasha you start to cry?”
“Because” he leaned her son back down to his bed and tucked him in, giving him a kiss on the cheek and whispered into his ear. “It's just a sad story” She started walk away.
“Did he really live?”
Kagome turned and smiled. “Yes, he really lived”
The boy smiled “night mom”
“Good night”
 
That morning was boring. He walked around the city, shopping for his up coming birthday. He had a rep for having the best parties. Kagome made sure that he and his friend enjoyed themselves.
The birthday was almost three weeks away, and there was much to plan. It took all morning just to decide the theme and buy the decorations. It was now 1pm and Inishu sat under the god tree, trying to escape his mother's nonstop questioning.
 
------
“Naraku!” Inu Yasha yelled. Running toward him he screamed “get away from the well!” it had been 7 and a half years since kagome left. He visited the well everyday, waiting for her. He knew that she would come back.
Naraku looked toward the well, he felt a presences, and when he realized what it was he smiled. “Inu Yasha, you still haven't given up hope that the priestess would return? What about Kikyo, didn't you promise your life to her?”
“I would never go with Kikyo as long as I have kagome” He jumped into the air and swung the sword down toward Naraku.
Naraku moved just slightly, avoided the attacked. He hit the half-bread, sending him flying over the trees and far into the distance. Naraku looked down the well and sent one of his large vine-like arms down the well.
 
---
Inishu walked toward the well house. A purple light glowed from inside. Being the curious one that he was he had to check it out. He looked back toward his house to make sure his mother wasn't watching for he wasn't aloud near the well. Right before his hand touched the door it opened, and a vine-like arm wrapped around him and dragged him down the well, the door closed.
 
---
Naraku pulled the boy out of the other side only to be disappointed.
“Put me down!” the boy yelled. “I'll make you sorry if you don't” he screamed, trying to scratching the demon with his mini claws.
Annoyed Naraku threw the boy behind him, making him hit a tree, loosing consciousness.
Angry, Naraku tried again, but this time we hit the bottom of the well. “what?” he growled.
Suddenly he turned to see a large boomerang just in time to have it slice threw his body.
“A demon puppet” A young man said. He picked up the boomerang and walked back to the woman in wince it came. “Here my love” he handed it to her.
“Thank you Miroku, you know that I could have done it myself.”
He placed his hand on her swelling stomach. “It was my pleasure” he kissed her. “Besides I don't want to injure my SON.”
They turned and walked back to the village. “What do you mean; HE had a strong woman to protect him.” Sango crossed her arms.
He wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “Indeed HE does”
Back in the clearing Inu Yasha ran back to the well to see scraps of the demon puppet. Growling he sniffed the air. “MIROKU, THAT ONE WAS MINE!” he screamed as he ran toward the village after the two love birds, not noticing the small lump of a boy across the clearing.
---
Kagome ran into the yard. She could have sworn that she felt the presence of a powerful demon. She looked at the well just in time to see the fading purple light. “NO” she screamed. She ran to the well and looked down. Not thinking about it she jumped in, landing on the hard ground below. “NO! LET ME THREW” she started to cry. She laid there for what seemed like hours.
---
Slowly, Inishu held his head. It took some effort to move to a sitting position due to the pain. He managed to stand and look around. He could barely see the well in the darkness, but the mood managed to lighten it up just enough to make it out. Not understanding, and at that appoint not caring, he took off walking in the direction he spelled food. He knew his mother would come find him.
He walked for quite awhile. The smell of food strengthened with every step that he took. Then the smell of something foul appeared. He stopped and looked around. He didn't see anything. Nervously he kept walking.
Behind him a twig broke causing him to fly around and look in that direction. Suddenly a large claw came from the side and hit him.
--
A child's scream was heard from not to far off. It was late, but not late enough for the Inu group to be sleeping. Miroku ran out the door first.
“A child is in danger” Miroku stated the obvious.
Inu Yasha landed right next to him “I smell demon”
They both took off toward the scream. It didn't take long for them to find the source of the scream, but it wasn't something they wanted to see. However, a boy laid on the ground holding his bloody side. He stared angrily at the demon.
---
Kagome laid there all night; crying. She had no way of getting back. NO way of ever seeing her son again.
“Wait” she sat straight up. “The jewel shards! I brought two of them back with me” She stood and climbed the well to search. However, it was much harder that expected. She had place a spell on them to prevent her from sensing or seeing them. She had tried to escape back to that time a few times during her pregnancy, but she knew that it would only cause her and her child to be place in danger. She couldn't do that so she had her mother hide them, but she passed away a few years before, due to an unexpected illness.
 
----
“Is he ok?” sango asked.
Kiade finished placing the bandages on the boy. “he will be fine.” She turned to Miroku, who sat on the other side of the boy. “What exactly happened?”
“I do not know for sure, but some kind of demon attacked him.”
Kiade reach over and grabbed the beanie the kid wore, revealing two silver ears and long silver hair. Every body gasped.
“Why would Naraku want to kill a helpless hanyou child?” Miroku asked angered.
“I know not” Kiade replied
“Does Inu Yasha know he's a half-bread?”
“I doubt it. After we killed the demon he took off to the sacred tree like usual. He didn't stay long enough to figure it out.”
The boy stirred. He opened his eyes to see three strangely dressed people sitting around him. He sat straight up, ignoring whatever pain he felt. Leaping over the three sitting he landed in front of the door and took off. He had practiced his leaping and running with his mother. Well, it was more like escaping from her wrath when he did something he wasn't supposed to, which was often.
“Hey get back here” Sango yelled. Miroku followed the boy.
“The boy ran into the forest toward the direction of the well. He could smell the remains of naraku's demon puppet.”
Out of the middle of no where a flying monk landed on the boy. Squirming the boy accidentally scratching himself. “If my mother was here she's kick you ass” the boy screamed.
Miroku's eyebrow rose. “Where did you learn suck a fowl language?”
“feh, that's non of your business.”
Miroku smirked as he placed a binding spell scroll on the kid. It only makes so boy could not move.
“Hey what did ya do?” the boy screamed, trying to move.
“You are much like my dear friend-”
“My mother will find me and beat you to hell” the boy screamed.
Miroku laughed quietly. “You are a spirited one aren't you” he picked the boy up and headed back to the hut.
“My mother has powers that could kill you” the boy ranted on.
Miroku listened amusedly. “And what kind of powers would those be”
“Sacred arrows” the boy bragged.
Miroku stopped.
“Your mother can produce sacred arrows?” Miroku asked, sweat appeared on his face.
“Yeah, she accidentally blew up a tree behind our house” he smirked to himself
“If you don't mind me asking what is your mother's name”
“Feh, wouldn't you like to know”
Miroku's eyebrow twitched.
“IF INU YASHA WAS HERE HE'D RIP YOU TO SHREADS” the boy screamed once again.
Miroku sat the boy down. “And what do you know of Inu Yasha?”
“He's the greatest demon who ever live!” the boy said proudly. “My mother told me all about him. She told be about Kikyo and her reincarnation..uh…Mirdine”
“Mardine?” Miroku asked. He smiled. “My dear boy, her name was not Mardine”
The boy started to growl. “My mother would never lie to me” the boy screamed. “Priestess Kagome is pure and honest.” The boy started to cry.
Miroku stood there, starring at the boy. “ka-kagome?” Miroku's eyes went wide.
“Did I stutter?” the boy screamed.
“DID YOU SAY YOUR MOTHER IS KAGOME?”
Inishu stopped crying and looked up at the strange man “yeah”
“Tell me what your name is” the monk asked urgently.
“Inishu Higarashi” the boy sniffed.
Miroku stopped breathing. He just picked up the boy and headed toward the hut. Once there and ran inside and laid the boy down. “Can I speak to the two of you for a moment?” Miroku walked into the back room followed by Kiade and Sango.
“What is it Miroku?” sango asked worried.
“We have a problem that I fear will only cause more pain for our friend the hanyou” Miroku looked up at the two. “That boy is kagome's son” Miroku hushed his voice.
“WHAT?!” Sango screamed. “She would have told me if she was pregnant or if she even did anything with Inu Yasha”
“Ye child must not have know until after she left”
“So what do we do?” Sango asked.
“I will tell him before he smells kagome on him” Miroku said as he left the room. He looked down at the angry boy as he exited the hut. Walking slowly toward the god tree he thought of the easiest way to break it to him. It didn't take long enough for Miroku to get to the tree. He looked up to see Inu Yasha sitting on a low branch.
“Inu Yasha I have some information that you might want”
Inu Yasha jumped down. “Is it about Naraku” he asked excitedly.
“No”
Inu Yasha jumped back into the tree. “Then it's not important.”
“Have you already gotten over our fair kagome, Inu Yasha?” Miroku looked sadly at the hanyou.
Inu Yasha eyed him. Inu Yasha jumped from the tree. “That's a nasty trick monk” he growled.
“I assure you it's no trick, I have information regarding kagome”
Inu Yasha stopped and looked at Miroku, “then out with it”
He took in a deep breath. “Come with me to Kiade's, there is somebody there that wants to see you” he turned and walked toward the hut.
Inu Yasha stood there, starring at the retreating monk for a moment before he took off running after him.
 
Sango and Kiade sat with the small boy listening to him telling stories of Inu Yasha's adventures. The boy was all over the hut mimicking Inu Yasha's moves. The two women applauded him as Miroku and Inu Yasha entered the hut.
Inu Yasha stared at the boy in wonder.
“I would like you to meat Inishu Higarashi, son to kagome”
“That's can't be kagome's son, he's part dog-demon” then it hit him. Terrified, Inu Yasha backed up into a wall and slid down it to his butt. “No, she wouldn't”
“Do you know my mom?” Inishu asked.
“Yes we did? You see she use to go on adventures with us.” Sango said softly. “What do you know about your father?”
He shrugged. “I don't know anything about him. My mother never talked about it. Whenever I asked her she'd cry for hours. I decided to stop asking. I don't like to see her cry even though she does it a lot”
“She…she cries?” Inu Yasha asked, sadly.
Inishu nodded. “WAIT!” he stood. “If my mother went on adventuress with you then…”he pointed to Kiade. “You're Kiade, kikyo's sister” he moved his finger to the next person. “You're Sango, the demon slayer…Miroku the perverted monk”
Miroku's eye twitched.
“WOW, you have a wind tunnel in your hand” he squealed. “show me!”
“um, maybe some other time” Miroku scratched the back of his head.
“And you” he pointed to the now calming half-bread. “Inu Yasha?” his eyes went huge.
“You mom told you about me?” he asked sadly, he looked down.
“ARE YOU KIDDING ME” the boy screamed leaping toward Inu Yasha, landing right in front of him. “My mom said that you were the greatest warrior ever. She told me all about you.”
Inu Yasha was at first a little scared but smiled at the boy. “Kagome told you that?”
The boy nodded. He looked around. “Hey, did you ever get to see Mirdine agian?”
“Mirdine?” Inu Yasha questioned.
“Yeah, the one you fell in love with. Kikyo's reincarnation”
Inu Yasha ears fell into his head. `She changed her name for the stories.'
Miroku knelt down next to the boy, placing his hand on his shoulder. “Do you know why this mirdine left?”
Inu Yasha head flew up to look at the boy.
“Yeah, mom said Inu Yasha had tried to kill her.”
Inu Yasha growled. “What”
“Yeah, she saw him…im mean you…talking to Kikyo. He said that you were going to kill Mirdine so that Kikyo could have her soul back. But Mirdine knew it put her in danger, and the child within her.”
“MIRDINE ACTAULLY BELIEVED THAT I WOULD DO SUCK THING?”
The boy looked at him. “Why are you yelling at me” he boy asked bravely. “My mom said that you were going to go with Kikyo to hell so Mirdine leaving wouldn't have mattered all that much. The night they shared was supposed to be the happiest Mirdine had ever been, but she knew that she could never be with Inu Yasha…I mean you” he boy laughed nervously.
Relaxing, Inu Yasha stayed quiet for a moment. “How is kagome?” he looked up at the boy questionly.
The boy smiled. “My mom is doing great.” He frowned. “It's hard for her thought”
Everybody's faces fell. “How is it hard for her?” Sango asked from the corner.
Inishu glanced up as Sango. “Mom had to go to school and take care of me. Her friends went to American. Some guy named hojo kept coming around, but I didn't like him. He saw me with out my hat and contacts on and he freaked out.” The boy smiled. “he was weak anyway”
Inu Yasha grinned. `that's my boy' he thought amusedly.
“But when grandma died, mom had to get a job.”
Inu Yasha's head few up “She died? How?”
Tears started to fill the boy's eyes. “She got sick. Mommy took me and Uncle Souta from her. She said that she didn't want us to get sick either.” A tear ran down his face. “When I was aloud to come back to the house, mommy told me that great grandpa had gotten sick to.” He wiped the now flowing tears from his face. “They were buried on the shrine grounds.”
Inu Yasha looked down at his clawed hands in his lap. Kagome must be going threw hell. She lost everybody and now she was in control of the lives of her brother and son. She was no longer just the school girl, but the care taker of a house and two kids.
“Hey” Inishu pointed at Inu Yasha. “You have dog ears just like me. You even have gold eyes and fangs” his eyes went huge. “WOW!!! I really do get to be just like you when I get older.” The boy sat down and smiled the largest smiled Inu Yasha had ever seen on a living creature.
Just then Inu Yasha and Inishu's ears both perked, taking in a deep breath.
“Kagome”
“mom”
They both ran from the hut. Surprisingly the boy was able to keep up with Inu Yasha pretty well, that and Inu Yasha was running slow so the boy wouldn't get lost. They made it to the well just in time to see kagome putting her feet in the ground. Inu Yasha jumped into a tree and looked down at her. He was in plane view but it was too dark for kagome to see him.
“MOM” Inishu called as he leaped into her arms at full speed; knocking her over.
“Inishu” she cried. Tears ran freely down her face and she kissed and hugged her son. “I told you to never go near the well”
“I know, I'm sorry”
“You couldn't have been killed”
“Mom, your squeezing me to tight” he wined.
“Take it as your punishment”
Inu Yasha smirked from the tree. He wanted go down there and hug her, never letting her go again, but he didn't know what to say. After all she thinks that he wants to kill her.
“Mom!” he cried. “That hurts”
“I'm sorry” she let go of her son. Standing up and looked down at him. Grabbing his hand she turned around and sat on the well. “Its time to go home, who knows what's hunting us right now” She grabbed her son and placed him on her lap and started to turn toward the wells darkness when something caught her attention.
Not even 10 feet from her Inu Yasha landed, looking at her threw angry eyes.
“Inu Yasha please don't hurt him”
“What?!” he screamed.
“I will give you my soul if you promise to let him go home” she cried holding onto a very confused boy.
“WHY WOULD I HURT MY OWN SON!!!” he screamed.
Inishu gasped and kagome cried. “Please just let us go home. I promise I wont ever bother you again.” She wasn't looked at Inu Yasha anymore. She had a death grip on her son and cried manically with her eyes shut. Suddenly two large arms wrapped around her and her confused son.
“Why would I want you to leave me?” Inu Yasha whispered in to kagome's hair. “Stay”
“Inu Yasha I can't, what about Kikyo? She wants her soul and you promised to give it to her”
“No, you don't understand”
Now angry she shoved Inu Yasha away from her. “I understand perfectly, I wont fall for such tricks” she turned and jumped into the well.
“NOO” Inu Yasha screamed. Jumping in after her he was surprised to see that the well aloud him threw. Looking up from the bottom of the well, he was kagome climb over the top of the well holding her son tightly within her arms. As soon as he heard the door to the well house open he jumped out of the well.
Kagome turned around to close the doors only to be stopped by a sad hanyou. He had placed his hand on the door, preventing kagome from closing it. “Why did you not tell me you were pregnant?” Inu Yasha whispered.
Tears filled kagome's eyes. Slowly placing her one on the ground he smiled sadly at him. “Inishu dear, please go inside and clean up, I will be in shortly.”
“But I want to st-”
“Inishu Yani Higarashi” She glared down at her son. He flinched and then ran full speed into the house. Sighing, kagome turned around towards the sand hanyou.
Inu Yasha stood there, looked down at his long lost love. She had her head bowed. He could smell fear radiating off of her. “Do you really think that I would hurt you” he asked in a sad pathetic way.
Kagome stiffened at his sadness, but looked up. “I did what I did to protect my son” she said, trying to be strong, but for some reason (dur) it didn't work.
Inu Yasha took in kagome's appearance. She looked exactly the same from when he saw her…a little over seven and a half years ago. When she was only 16. There was no difference. No aging in her sent. It was as if she didn't age at all, but how could that be?
“Kagome” he said weekly. “I never talked to Kikyo. You didn't see me with her.” He looked directly into her eyes. “That was Naraku. He wanted me to loose the one I loved once again. He thought it would make me weak enough to kill me” He reached out and cupped her cheek. “I would never go to hell with Kikyo as long as I have you”
Kagome just stood there, taking it all in. She could feel his demon aura, it twisted with loneness and heartbreak. That's when it hit her. She had taken away 6 years of his son's love from him, and he didn't even do anything. Lunging forward, kagome wrapped her arms around him and cried. “I'm so sorry, Please forgive me. I'm so sorry Inu Yasha”.
Inu Yasha wrapped his arms around her in a pit of relief. He fell to the ground and pulled her into his lap, rubbing her back lovingly. Placing his face in the crook of her neck he kissed it gently. “I missed you do much” he whispered. He couldn't hold it in anymore. He started to cry.
 
In the house, Inishu watched threw the window and his biggest hero and his mom cuddle in each others arms, crying. Thinking over what had happened the boy just sat there, dazed and confused. Inu Yasha was…is father? Then that would mean that there was no Mirdine. That was kagome. The boys eyes widened in amazement as he thought back to all the stories his mother told him. All of the quests they went on and all the things they saw.
“My mom's cool”
 
“Kagome” Inu Yasha whispered. They both had stopped crying and were now just holding each other. Pulling back from kagome he placed his forehead on hers. “Inishu told me about what happened with your grandfather and Mother. That means you are all alone here right?” they both moved to look into each others eyes. “Come back with me. Come home” he whispered, brushing a fallen peace of hair from her face.
Kagome just looked up at him for a moment. “Inu Yasha, I just can't take Inishu from his home and bring him to your time. He needs to attend school.”
Inu Yasha just nodded and looked down.
“But” kagome started again, this time with a small smile. “I would really like it If your would come by and visit often.” There was a pause. “Every day maybe” she smiled larger as a blush crept on her face.
Watching the red engulf her face he smiled. “feh, like you'd beadle to keep me from you wench”
Kagome smiled and launched herself at him. Wrapping her arms around him he fell backward with kagome on top of him. Bringing herself back up to a sitting position he looked at her now smiling hanyou and asked a question she had been dieing to know the answer too.
“Inu Yasha, what happened to Naraku and Kikyo?”
 
Inishu smiled brightly at the two.
“I get a daddy, I get a daddy” he chanted over and over until his mother and father walked threw the door and stopped at the young boy. The boy smiled and grabbed Inu Yasha's hand. “Come on, I want to show you my room.” And from there the boy dragged Inu Yasha upstairs and rambled on about this and that. Kagome stood in the hallway watching threw the door as Inu Yasha played with their son.
She sighed. THEIR SON! Finally, Inu Yasha has entered her live once again. For some reason she knew things would get much better, and easier. Knowing Inu Yasha, he would build a house in his time and hunt everyday for them. She giggled at the thought. They'd never go out of meat.
Watching the two play on she thought about how they would react if she aloud her son to go to the feudal area during thanksgiving break, Christmas vacation, spring break and summer vacation. Inu Yasha could teach him all sorts of thing that she couldn't.
Kagome smiled. It would take an act of god to take her hanyou from her now. Still, there was something causing kagome to stay slightly nervous. There was so much to do…so much to catch up on. Although Kikyo was no longer a threat, Naraku was. She thought back a few minutes ago when Inu Yasha told her about the evil demon. They had cornered him and fraught him. Naraku lived, but they got over have of the jewel shards back, and had kept there for years now. It seemed that they took too many from Naraku, and now he was too week.
The thing that surprised her the most was the tale about Kikyo and how Inu Yasha killed her. He had put her out of her misery. He still loved Kikyo. However, when he saw her for the last time he finally realized something he should have long before. This girl was not his Kikyo. She was the walking dead, filled by the part of her that hated him. The real Kikyo was gone and at peace now knowing the truth.
Kagome smiled.
“Yes, lots to catch up on”
 
----I was thinking about making it longer, or just detailing it a little more, or you know… putting the sex scene and how it all started, but I don' t know. Let me know what you think. I might add the whole beginning to it. I don't know what the readers want----