InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Friends...? ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yay! Here's the second chapter! Took me two days to write both chapters!

*Beep* *beep* *beep* *be…* I fumbled to turn off my stupid alarm clock. It was 6:30 already?? I stumbled out of bed, and over to my dresser, getting out my school uniform. I slipped on the white shirt and green skirt. I stumbled into the bathroom, tied my hair into a ponytail, and then splashed my face with cold water. My eyes opened wide, and immediately I was wide-awake. Cold water was my early morning savior. I am definitely NOT a morning person! I bounced downstairs to where mom was cooking both my breakfast and lunch. Souta soon came down the stairs, full of energy. I am still mad at Souta for ruining my favorite blouse by using it as a dishrag. Souta is like my mom; a morning person. Me, on the other hand, I am like my father. He also wasn't a morning person.

I quickly ate my breakfast, and packed up my lunch. I still had plenty of time to get to school, so I decided to walk. Inuyasha and I always walk to school, er … run to school would be more correct. Inuyasha lives across the street from us, two houses to the right. He moved here when we both were two years old. I walked over to his house, right below his window. I took a deep breath, opened my mouth, and yelled, "INU-CHAN!! LETS GET GOING!!!" as I was finished yelling, a hand covered my mouth. Another hand went around my waist and brought me to a body. Right when I was about to bite the hand covering my mouth, I heard Inuyasha's voice in my ear, "what did I tell you, Kag? DON'T CALL ME INU-CHAN!" I snorted, and started giggling.

Inuyasha hugged me tighter, and whined, "Kagomeee…I swear your so annoying sometime, and you yelled that so loud the whole neighborhood could hear you!" I blushed, but shook my head and said, "Aw come on Inu, you know you like that nickname." He sighed, and then hit me on the head. "Come on then, we'd better get going or else we're gonna be late." I looked at my watch, and gasped, "Oh no!! Its 7:15 already!! School starts in 15 minutes!!" I grabbed Inuyasha's hand, and we raced to school.

Inuyasha and I crashed into the classroom, five minutes late. Sango and Mirkou snorted when they saw us all disarray. We groaned when the teacher pointed his finger towards the door and said, "Your LATE. Outside, ten minutes, holding two buckets of water." (I got the idea from Ranma

I froze at those words. My throat went dry, and my heart squeezed. I felt sick to my stomach…I needed to get outta here…I wanted to cry. Suddenly, Inuyasha set down one of the buckets and shook my shoulder, asking, "Hey Kag, you ok?" I got out of the daze I was in, and smiled. "Oh, yeah, gomen. That's great Inuyasha, there's no way she'll be able to deny a date with you. Good luck!" I flashed him a big smile, and a wink, when the teacher came outside and told us ten minutes were up.

Finally! We were allowed to go back into the classroom, and so we quickly walked to the janitors closet to dump out all the water and put back the buckets. As I walked back to the classroom, I sighed, and thought, `its for the best, as long as Inuyasha's happy, then I'll be happy. I sat down at my desk, which is next to Sango-chans desk, and I prepared myself for a day of confusion. My worst subject in school is Algebra/Math, and I have that first thing in the morning, so it's no fun whatsoever! We've just started something called the…Quadratic formula, and I just cannot see the point in learning it!

Once that class ended, Inu, Sango and I headed to Biology. I don't like that class as much anymore because…yep, you guess it, Kikyo is in that class. She changed her schedule around for whatever reason, but I wish she didn't. We are…dissecting frogs today *gag* and I look around for Inuyasha. Whenever we do something disgusting like this, we're ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS partners. When I finally see Inuyasha, my smile turns into a frown. There Inu was talking to Kikyo, and so I quickly walk over saying, "Hey Inu, ready to dissect the poor froggies?" Kikyo turns to me before Inuyasha and says, "Oh, sorry, Kagome, but Inuyasha already asked me to be his partner…you don't MIND, do you?" I felt heartbroken, and Inuyasha could obviously tell. He tried to say, "Sorry Kag…" I shook my head and smiled, "Don't worry about it Inu! I'll find somebody else to be my partner." He looked like he wasn't satisfied with my answer but before he could say anything else I walked away.

I partnered up with Sango, and occasionally looked over my shoulder at Inuyasha and Kikyo. They seemed to be doing ok, but I still felt sad. About half an hour later, Sango and I had finished, thank Kami, so we took our stuff to the sink to clean it all off. I stuck the knife into a bucket of disinfectant, and then into super hot water. Then I washed it under cold water. Since my mind was on other things, my finger slipped on the sharp point of the edge. "Itai!!" I cried, dropping the knife, and putting my finger into my mouth. Thank Kami I had washed the knife before! Inuyasha rushed over and said, "Daijobu da?" I nodded and replied, "I just cut my finger a little bit." I showed him the cut, and he sighed, "Geez Kag you klutz!" I huffed at that, and stuck out my tongue. "Anou…sensei? Can I go to the nurse's office to get a band aid…I cut my finger." Inuyasha jumped in and said, "Yeah, I'll take her there if that's ok, sensei." Sensei nodded and I looked at Inuyasha curiously.

As we walked on, Inuyasha seemed to be angry about something. I felt awful; what if it was ME he was mad at?? I could never forgive myself if Inu was angry with me!! Finally he looked over at me, and said, "Gomen." I looked at Inuyasha taken aback, and said, "Why are you apologizing?" He looked uncomfortable, and replied, "Well, you looked so saddened because I wouldn't be your partner in biology." I smiled sadly, and said, "No, don't worry about it. You don't have to apologize at all. I was just a little upset because we are always partners when we have to do small projects like this. I didn't like that you chose Kikyo over me, but then I got my brains back. Don't worry; I know you just wanted to hang out with Kikyo more so she might go out on a date with you. Don't worry about it, ok?" I flashed him a smile, but he still looked unsatisfied with my answer. I sighed and said, "Look, please don't worry about me, ok? I'd feel really bad if you did, because you're worrying over nothing of importance." He sighed, and nodded. I smiled and looked up. "Oh! We're here at the nurses office already?"

OWARI