InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Know Who I Am (Iris) ❯ Know Who I Am (Iris) ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Know Who I Am (Iris)

By Cyfris

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha and co. This is just for fun. My first song fic, so be nice. Arigato.

Yeah, it is now November 21, 2003. Its been more than a year since I first posted this fic, and I just now looked over it, and realized that, wow!, you guys weren't kidding when you said I needed to work on grammar, among other things. So! I present to you, my wonderful readers, the newly revised Know Who I Am fic!!!!! There will un-doubtly be more things to work on, but I expect that in another year or so, I'll probably unearth this fic again and redo it again ::sweatdrops:: So, any way, read on!!

Oh, if any of you realize that, well, this is being posted a little late, that's because MediaMinor.org is being really annoying and right now it wont let me onto the site whatsoever. Yeah, sorry for the rambling. ^^;;

* * *

Inu Yasha lay in the ground, long after Kagome had sat him. Thinking.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow

`How? How does she do this to me? Why does she affect me so bad? The way she moves. The way she talks. And her sent. Oh, gods, her sent! I cant get away from it!'

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

`No.' another part of him argued. `That's not it. You don't want to get away from it. It drives you insane, but you cherish all the time you spend with her.'

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life

"Shut up." `But it's true. Whenever she goes home, you don't want to keep her here because of the jewel. You want her for yourself. Your just too weak to admit it.'


'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

Inu Yasha got up, his mind resolved. He would tell her. No matter how she truly felt.

And I don't want the world to see me

As he ran to the well, he thought about his child hood. He had always been shunned from both races, human and youkai. He had never fit in.


'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

He hated them all. The just didn't see that he hadn't wanted to be a hanyou. They never looked to see what he was really like inside, only thinking him a freak, a mutt. Something that doesn't belong.


When everything's made to be broken

He had thought that he would never be accepted. Then there was Kikyou, who was almost like himself, human, but also not. But she never truly under stood.


I just want you to know who I am

`Its true,' he thought, `Kagome is the only one who truly sees me for who I am.'

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies

He finally caught up to her, only just grabbing her wrist before she disappeared into her time. Her bag was already down the well. She spun to look at him. He was shocked to see that tears were rolling silently down her face.


When everything feels like the movies
And you bleed just to know you're alive

He folded her in his arms, resting his head in her hair, letting her lean on him. She broke down completly, clutching him to her, sobbing into his shoulder. He bit his lip until it bled, feeling horrible. `I did this, I'm the one who made her cry, again.'

And I don't want the world to see me

"Kagome? I-I am so sorry. I had no right to treat you that way, and I never did. I-" He broke off, staring into her eyes. Their blue gray depths swirled with emotion.


'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

`She's taunting me'. His muddled mind thought. `No, she daring you.' Said that other voice.


When everything's made to be broken

Inu Yasha leaned forward. Kagome's eyes closed, giving him complete permission. His lips captured hers, just barely brushing them, then ravaging her mouth, their tongues dancing, holding each other tightly.

The fire died down. Inu Yasha sat at the base of the well, holding Kagome tightly to him, head nuzzling the base of her neck.


I just want you to know who I am

"Aishiteru." `My mate.'