InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Madness ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
DEVIL MAY CRY X INUYASHA
DO NOT OWN EITHER
________________________________________________________________ _______

She had always wondered why she had always given Inuyasha so much leeway. Was it because the hanyou, the half dog demon, had seemed so hopeless in comparison to big baddies. She supposed that had played a part. Then why when the half-blood had begun to come into his power had she remained such a faithful friend. Even when he had betrayed her by seeking out the company of his former lover, the undead miko Kikyo. It hurt more when the hanyou had kept referring to her as the other's incarnate despite the fact that they only looked alike… their personalities so completely different that it was like comparing night and day.

Her blood was purer than Kikyo's for her line could be tied back to Midoriko herself. The creator of the Shikon no Tama, the accursed Jewel of Four Souls was an ancestor of hers.

No she supposed her passive indifference to the hanyou's antics had more to due with the man currently sitting within the living room of her family's household. Taller than the hanyou and broader across the shoulders, more heavily muscled though there was still a lithe grace to him even when he was sitting; she wished that she didn't recognize this being. But the strangled mane of ivory white hair which was hacked into a bushy brush cut that draped to the collar of his jacket, which she noted was annoyingly scarlet in color, identified the other all too readily. That she knew this being only helped in motivating her hand to strike the back of his head though.

"What the…" A pair of piercing teal hued eyes, not amber or gold, flickered towards her. "What the hell was that for?"

"Watch your mouth, baka." She pointedly ignored looking at him as she spoke. "There are some people in here that don't want to deal with your… posturing."

By some people she meant her mother. The elder Higurashi female was the reason why she had such a generous heart in that both she and her mother seemed incapable of turning away individuals that seemed to be down on their luck. She could remember a few times when she had been younger her mother accepting all sorts of strangers into their household for the few weeks or months that the others needed to recover from their loss. Not one of them had taken advantage of that generosity.

Or at least no one living.

Even now, nearly fifteen years later, she could still remember the blonde haired woman with the wild and trapped eyes that had been hustled into the family shrine with a pair of identical twins. Identical with the same piercing teal eyes and white hair… that is unless one spoke to them for the elder was mature even for a seven year old, and his brother was as troublesome as he was even now. She, she remembered, had been six and completely intrigued by the fact that youngsters barely older than herself had been in possession of such ivory hair that accompanied thoughts of "old people".

She couldn't remember how her mother had known the other woman. Only that the pair had been almost inseparable the moment that the blonde haired woman, and she was attractive in the way one thought of a caged beast waiting for the final jaws of some fatal trap to snap shut, and her offspring had stepped through the door. Her father, may he rest in eternal peace, had watched both women with the feral savagery of something protecting those precious… even for all she knew this was the first time the trio of adults had ever met for she had never seen the blonde nor the two children before.

Her parents and the blonde's history never was revealed to her. She never asked.

She had never asked, despite the fact that she had come to see the blonde woman as something of a second mother for the month and a half that the other had remained within the shrine, why the blonde had left so suddenly. Nor had she ever asked why one night her father, bloodied and burnt as if he had escaped some sort of fire, had burst through the shrine's front doors carrying a sodden bundle. They'd only ever been capable of finding one of the twins. The other she had learnt the fate of years later when one of the brothers had materialized before the shrine, looking as hopelessly lost as he had the day the boys' mother had died.

She'd hit him then too she remembered…. for having so stupidly put himself within harm's way. And then again upon realizing that the black haired woman who had been of some assistance in that demon invested venture was a relation of hers.

The bite to his tongue, sharp teeth drawing blood, had been his own fault. She was sixteen then, five years his junior, and certainly not about to submit to an arrogant half-demon.That thought was almost painfully funny now… given how she had pined after another arrogant half demon in another period in time.

She'd told this particular half demon about that other time frame on her nineteenth birthday, she could recall vividly, for it had been on that year she had completed her task within the feudal era and been sent home unable to return to those beings who had adopted her as family. He'd shown the correct amount of sympathy with respect to the loss of such beings as the kitsune youngster and the demon slayer, with waning reaction for the perverted monk and the insistent wolf demon. When time had come for Inuyasha he had all but gloated. Her slap had been intercepted easily enough the same white haired half demon in her living room now kissing her knuckles before commenting that he didn't like sharing.

That had been the first thing she'd attacked him below the belt. He certainly hadn't been expecting the kick to an area that even a half demon found sensitive.

"Hello Mother…" She never referred to the elder Higurashi as mom or mommy or mama when he was around… the boys had always done so with their mother.

Not a vicious bone in her body… "Kagome I'm glad you're back… safe. But you seem to have forgotten we have company."

"Not forgotten." She grinned slightly at the white haired man. Well not a man but he certainly poised as one better than the hanyou within the Feudal era. "I'm just choosing to ignore our guest until he decides to leave… then I'll help him out the door."

He returned the grin, a savage twist to lips and sharp features making it seem even more feral. "I'd like to see you try little girl."

_________________________________ CHARACTER VIEWPOINT CHANGE_____________________

He wasn't surprised to see her.

This was after all her family's house. What surprised him was how she had grown in the last two years since he had seen her, having been more or less snubbed by the black haired woman when he had foolishly made that comment of his on her nineteenth birthday. He should have thought that through a little more. But the idea of her pining after some worthless mongrel had irritated him beyond all thought.

He'd certainly been thinking after she kicked him. About how much his balls hurt and that he had no idea she could kick that hard.

Her mother had informed him as they had waited for her return that she had taken to practicing martial arts in between her college classes and it was certainly paying off. She was wearing a more feminine outfit, composed of long skirt and shirt not the usual clothing the women he associated with wore. But there was something that made her appealing. Maybe it was the fact that she had filled out in all the right places, her hips were wide and her breasts though never going to reach some sizes he had seen were comfortable for her slender frame. Just large enough that he could easily cup one within his hand if he so desired.

Or maybe it was the way she knew how to use that twenty one year old body despite the fact that she was covered up. His eyes had noticed the sway to her hips and the teasing tilt of her head when she passed by, not a dismissive gesture for she'd thought he hadn't seen the sideways glance she had cast at him as she did so. When she'd leaned down to give her mother a hug the skirt, a black one, had risen up just enough to show long slender calves and small feet which went with the slender outline of her legs beneath the skirt's fabric.

A vague part of him wondered, as he watched her, if anyone had yet to taste that deliciously curved body. And then what he'd have to do to rid himself of any competition.

Still it was, after a second's hesitation, he decided the eyes. She possessed the same Asian cast to her features as her mother, in that both their faces were gently rounded, however a European or similarly blooded father had gifted her with eyes no Asian normally possessed. Of a deep sea blue they seemed endless particularly when she was fired up and ready to go. Like now. He wasn't talking about having a roll in the hay, although he wouldn't protest filling her softness and making her scream his name in pleasure, but rather the fact that she was no longer that meek child who was so easily manipulated by others. Her father's untimely death he supposed, and then the moving in of that bastard stepfather, had accounted for that.

But no longer.

"Baka stop staring at my breasts…" The sudden strike to the side of his head hurt more than he cared to admit. "Are you now deaf as well as dumb?"

"What?" His irritation caused her eyebrow to rise.

"I said what do you want now?"


_________________________________ CHARACTER VIEWPOINT CHANGE_____________________

"Can't you take a hint?" Her voice was irate.

Partially because her mother had not bothered putting up with her attitude towards this one. It didn't matter that whenever he visited he was little more than a freeloader who oftentimes made a mess of the guest bedroom for the one or two days that he stayed. It didn't matter that once he had even had the gale of bringing a job here. She remembered that well for she had had to get involved, she wondered vaguely if he still had that burn mark on his back from when she had grazed his flesh with the miko-power-infused arrow instead of the demon he'd been fighting… her excuse been that he, idiot that he was, had gotten in the way.

There was also the fact that she could feel his eyes following her. It didn't matter in her mind that she was the only one available to help this particular white haired half demon in setting out the rarely used guest room, for her mother was busy with dinner and neither her grandfather nor brother were around. It was more the fact that when she moved to return his stare with a glare, he was almost always looking in a completely different direction. The only thing that told her she was correct was the smirk that teased his features, and which he made no attempt to hide.

"I don't know what you're talking about." His voice, muffled, drew her eyes back to him. And despite herself it was she that was smirking this time.

He was sitting on the edge of the bed, one hand knotted within loose white hair and looking the worse for wear. The strike to the side of his head, when she had noticed his teal hued eyes fastened upon her breasts when she'd returned to confront him in the living room, had been more than a simple strike of flesh and blood. He was too hard headed for that sort of blow to work, and she knew from experience that if she tried she'd more than likely hurt her hand more than him. She'd added just enough of her miko powers to make sure he felt it, not nearly enough to do any damage but enough to let him know she was seriously annoyed with him.

"If you can't take on a little girl, then I can't help you." He still smirked when she threw his words back at him. "You're not in that much pain."

"Yes… yes I am."

She doubted it.

His strength had been growing since his brother's defeat nearly six years ago. She could tell. Her natural miko abilities, amplified by the Shikon no Tama hanging around her neck by an elaborate necklace, were having trouble identifying if this was merely a half blood within the same room with her.

He was too strong…

Still a little part of her couldn't help but feel a little guilty. He had obviously come here looking for help, though he hadn't outright asked, and she was trying to brain him within the living room of her family's shrine. A soft sigh escaping her lips she dropped the blanket that she had been unfolding and moved across the bedroom to where the white haired half demon was sitting. He'd removed that outrageous scarlet trench coat of his, exposing she noticed a black vest and a pair of similarly black tinged pants. He hadn't lost his love of leather; the cloth was velvet soft from constant use beneath her fingertips as her hand closed upon his closest shoulder.

"Baka…."

Little more than a yelp it escaped her throat as he shifted, moving with far more speed than many humans and some demons possessed, one arm wrapping around her waist. A second later she realized why as she found herself sprawled on the bed, staring no glaring up at the male. Deeper turquoise hued eyes, not the lightly tinged teal she was used to, returned her look from beneath heavy eyelids that shadowed just exactly what was going through his head. He shifted slightly, the awkwardness of their positions for he was taller than her, and as such half on and half off the bed's edge, pressing his lower half purposely into her.

"I need your help with something."

She wasn't surprised but vaguely expecting some other, more lurid comment, this one was startlingly. "Bastard."

A twitch of thin lips was her response… then he decided to speak. "If you want me to make you scream that badly, babe, all you have to do is ask."

Heat rushed up her face, she could feel the fiery rush of the blush as it raced up her neck to her face. She wasn't quite sure which to do first. Die of mortification or kill him.

"DANTE SPARDA." As it was she settled for killing him or at the very least causing some serious bodily harm

Converting /tmp/phpnqMTsJ to /dev/stdout