InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Marked ❯ Things will get better... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I dont own the Inuyasha characters. Or the house of night story.

Chapter two
Things will get better

I woke up to Yuma’s face looking straight at mine. I blinked a couple of times. I really figured I had ran into a locker and had been crushed by a mosh pit formed by kids trying to get to class. If this had been a game show, this would be the part where the buzzer noise would go off and the host would say “so sorry!, but that’s incorrect.”

Yuma just kept staring at me. No she was staring at my forehead. Just great. All I wanted to do was just get through high school successfully. That wasn’t about to happen though.

I slowly sat up rubbing my forehead. It was a little hot. Or maybe I just had a fever. Either way my head hurt horribly.

“You’ve…you’ve been marked.” Her eyes were wide.

I looked up at her, shyly. I didn’t really comprehend what was going on.

“Its probably just a mistake!” I lied.
This was no mistake. I knew exactly why I was chosen. My mothers family had almost all attended Shikon High School. I came from a family of Priestess’s. Just freaking great. I never really thought I would be a part of it all though.

“That’s no mistake Kagome!, you’ve got a big fat stamp on your head that says your officially one of those…those people!”

I repeated the words in my head. Those people. I was labeled. I looked around. Apparently by time the demon had said appeared the bell had already rung. I thanked everything on it that me and Yuma were the only people…as of now that knew about this…conflict. Just great that Yuma was the biggest blabber mouth in the whole school. And by this time tomorrow everyone in the school will have already heard the story and repeated it to somebody else.

I groaned. “Yuma I’m not one of those!”
I reached out to her, and she backed away.

She backed away like I was some insane psycho person on the loose and I was out to get her. I’m more than sure the hurt showed all over my face.

She seemed slightly remorseful. But she still stayed exactly where she was at. Her phone went off to something by lady gaga. She looked at the screen, I could tell she wanted desperately for this phone call to be her escape. To be her excuse. I waved my hand away and told her to go, that I understand.

The relief in her face was too obvious. I couldn’t believe my own best friend really had just been afraid of me, and had just labeled me.

I took off running out the front doors. I could care less if the security guards went after me for leaving campus. I had just been marked. Once they noticed that, they will have been pushing me out the door.

I ran the next couple of blocks to my home. The one place I knew if anything was going to completely support me through this. I hadn’t noticed until I reached the shrine steps of the shrine my family owned. That I had been crying. Bad, because my face felt sticky. Tears had already fallen and left an imprint on my face.

I leapt up those stairs faster than I ever had before. I ran across the shrine grounds and burst through the door.

There was my mother completely at home cooking. She turned around abruptly.

“Honey what’s-”
She stopped the moment she saw it. She gasped.

“Mama I’m afraid I don’t know what I’m suppose to do.”

She instantly came running up to me and gave me a big bear hug and rubbed her hand along my hair.
“Its all going to be okay sweetheart, I know your scared but I knew one day this would happen, your so special that these people want you, they want to help you discover your power and help you with it.”

Talk about the exact right words to say. All I could do at the time was nod. It was a lot to take in. Shaking, I let go from the bear hug.

“I need to go wash up.”

She nodded and gave me a reassuring smile.

I went from worrying if I was going to find a spark with a boy I didn’t really have much interest in dating. To making a decision that was going to change my life.

I looked in the mirror of the upstairs bathroom. I noticed the mark was actually light. This made me angry. They obviously didn’t give these people much time to decide. Wait did I have to decide? I couldn’t just say no and die! I had to give in and let myself come to terms, with this…curse.

That is what I was going to call it. A curse. I know whatever power I had could probably do amazing things. But it also kept me from just being normal. I never asked to be this way.

That night I packed my things into my bright highlighter blue duffel bag. It had sharpie imprinted signatures and little notes all over it that my friends had wrote on It. Actually more just people of my past now, there wasn’t anyway anyhow they were going to accept me like this. If they did my phone would be going off right now, with them on the other line asking dramatically if it was true, or if I was going to be okay.

The ride to Shikon High School was short. It wasn’t very far from where we lived. It was hidden by a long field and trees though. We pulled up to the gate and a young woman stood on the other side of it. She looked like the age of a senior. But I was only a freshman, the ninth grade. The gate opened and she walked up to the car door.

I half expected this girl to suddenly break through this pretty girl face and become a huge man eating demon and eat me and my mom right there. She didn’t though, she just stood by the window of the door. Waiting I guess.

My mom rolled down the window.

“Here is where you say goodbye Mrs. Higurashi.”
She smiled as if that was supposed to make anything any better.

I got out of the car and grabbed my duffel bag. My mom got out as well. I gave her the biggest possible hug and let go and walk away. I didn’t want to look back. I knew within an hour she would be calling me and sending me over one hundred text messages asking how it was.

The girl gave me a reassuring smile and walked past the gate. Once I crossed over, the gate closed. I heard the bang and I heard the car door slam. She was leaving now.

I followed the girl until we got into what resembled to me like a golf cart. The school enormous. It looked sort of mid evil. It reminded me of the Harry Potter Hogwarts castle. We took the “golf cart” on the long stone driveway. It was a few minutes later we arrived on the campus.

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

“We do things a bit different around here, its going to take some time getting used to, but things are switched here. You will go to school at night, and sleep during the evening.”

This was all frustrating and too much change. I sighed and just replied “Oh.”

The only thing I knew I could say then.
She turned around “It will get better.” She reassured me.

She opened a glass door and I walked behind her. It looked like a regular school office. Three woman stood on the other side and smiled when they saw me.

I didn’t want things to get better. I wanted for things to not change…

Alright sorry if they seem kind of short.
Theres a lot of explaining i have to do. Im working on the third chapter already, it should up within the next couple of days Hope you like it so far:)