InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Marriage ❯ The Wedding ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 1
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Co. are property of Rumiko Takahashi.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
`I'm going to kill Mama for putting me through this' Kagome thought as she stood at the altar. `How selfish can they be? Putting me in this…this position. Maybe I could just, slip out? No…no. I have to be strong. I'm the one being selfish, aren't I? Yeah, this is for my family. This is what they want…oh man.”
Across from her a young man with long silver hair pulled back in a ponytail and golden eyes was watching the priest very closely. Maybe a little too closely…
`Damn bastard of a father' the young hanyou thought angrily, gripping the insides of his pant pockets tightly.`There ain't any running now, is there? Too many effing people.'
`My heels are killing me…' Kagome thought. Even with her stilettos, she didn't come up to the chin on her betrothed. Betrothed. Kagome had come to hate that word.
Everybody Kagome and Inuyasha ever knew were sitting behind them, watching this holy matrimony take place.
They knew their parents did this so that neither of them would run off. Who would run away from a wedding with over 800 people invited? Sure, Kagome had thought about it. She was having a mental war with herself over it that very moment.
`Run. No. Run. No.Runnnnnnnn. Noooooooooo.'
“Do you Inuyasha Takahashi take Kagome Higurashi to be your lawfully wedded wife?”
Out of the corner of his eye, Inuyasha looked at the girl standing next to him he replied with an “I do.”
“And do you Kagome Higurashi take Inuyasha Takahashi to be you lawfully wedded husband?”
A tear ran down Kagome's cheek, ruining her precisely done make-up.
“I do” she said in a hoarse voice. A voice in the back of her head told her otherwise.
No you don't…
Inuyasha wanted to wipe that tear off of her cheek. He hated it when women cried, and now he was getting married to a cry baby.
“I now pronounce you man and wife. You many kiss the bride.”
Both sets of eyes widened. In all nervousness of the wedding, they forgot about that little detail.
Inuyasha turned his head to his new wife.
He had to admit, she was very beautiful. She had long raven black hair, that was placed on top of her had in a tight bun with little flower pins placed in different places. The strapless wedding gown fit all of her curves perfectly and she was looking up at him with sparkling aqua blue eyes.
He saw her wince before she slowly leaned forward a few inches and lightly pressed her lips onto his.
Oh my god
A shock was sent through his body when she kissed him, making his eyes get even larger than before. He had only ever kissed one other girl before, and it hadn't felt like this at all.
But quickly, after getting used to this wonderful sensation, His eyes relaxed and slowly closed. Her lips were very soft and moist from tears.
Cheers emitted throughout the church and the pastor said “I now give you Mr. and Mrs. Takahashi.”
The two of them pulled out of the kiss, blushing, and avoiding each others gazes.
They stepped off the altar, staying far apart. As she was walking down the aisle, Kagome could have sworn she saw her and Inuyasha fathers shaking hands, as if they had finally made a great business deal, which was exactly what this marriage was.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
Everybody in the reception hall was having a wonderful time.
All accept the guests of honor.
Inuyasha and Kagome sat next to each other, stiffly at the head table. Neither of them exchanged words.
They were promised to each other once Kagome was born. Inuyasha was eighteen and Kagome was seventeen. Their parents decided to marry their children to merge fortunes and heirs. Lucky kids, right?
Kagome and Inuyasha both hated that idea their whole lives.
Even though their parents tried to befriend the two over the years but they never really `meshed' as Kagome's mother would call it.
Apparently, neither the Higurashis nor the Takahashis had problems with the children's compatibility, for some un-nameable reason. It seemed as though only Inuyasha's father and mother new the answer to that.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
Inuyasha stood by the door of the `Yamaki Royal Hotel Honeymoon Suite', his arms at his sides, hair a mess. The hanyou could feel his heart racing within his chest and silently hoped Kagome didn't see.
She was too busy blushing and staring at her feet to notice anything he was doing. He stared at her, gambling how embarrassed he'd be if she turned and saw him.
“I'm going to take a bath…” Kagome said softly, barely above a whisper.
She power-walked into the spacious bathroom, leaving Inuyasha to venture the huge suite alone.
The powder room's ceilings were high and the walls were painted an oddly bubble-gum like pink. The counter was covered with perfumes and lotions of different kinds and it went all the way around the room, the mirror that was placed on the wall above it, went all the way to the ceilings.
At every angle Kagome could see herself in her wedding dress, arrayed hair, and smudged make-up.
Crap…
She felt the tears coming on again.
Two whole hours she'd spent in the bathroom at the church, crying her eyes out, and being held by her best friend, Sango.
“Kagome” she said to herself, “You can get through this night. Inuyasha isn't a bad guy. Just forget about the worm incident when you were five…”
Kagome frowned at the memory. It had taken hours for the nanny to get all the worm and dirt out of her hair. All it took to cause the dilemma was three minutes alone with Inuyasha in her backyard.
She sighed and began to unzip the dress. She let the silk drop to the marble floor, and pulled all of the flower pins out of her hair, and let the bun down.
In the corner of the room there was a large Jacuzzi bath.
The crystal taps reflected the light of the chandelier as Kagome turned them, adding to the natural sparkle in Kagome's eyes. She slid into the linoleum bowl and enjoyed the inviting warmth embrace her.
For a moment, she let the thought of marriage slip out of her mind.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
Inuyasha paced in the room and repeatedly punched the pillow grasped in his clawed hand. He listened with his sensitive to every sound Kagome made. He heard her convincing herself not to run out on him, and her re-calling the worm in the hair trick.
A grin flashed his handsome face when she remembered that.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
Almost half an hour later Kagome was done with her bath. She put on a hotel robe and walked into the bedroom, pulling it closer around her when she saw Inuyasha lying on the king-sized bed.
“Hey” she said sitting from the doorway.
He turned his head towards her. His tuxedo had a few buttons un-done showing off some of his chest.
Inuyasha noticed that the silken robe didn't leave much to the imagination.
They were both thinking the same thing: `Nice chest.'
“So…”
He finished her sentence for her. “Are we going to do this?”
She nodded with hunched shoulders. Kagome glided slowly over to him, and sat on the bed.
His warm glare was bearing into her. She nodded and scooted in closer to him. Kagome held her breath as he leaned in to kiss her, for the second time.
She closed the distance and connected his lips with hers. She tried to make it passionate but she hadn't kissed too many guys. Kagome brought her hand up to his cheek in and awkward motion as he climbed on top of her.
His jacket and undershirt landed on the ground. Inuyasha felt his cheeks turn red. Thankfully Kagome eyes were closed, until he broke the kiss. The last thing he wanted was her to see was his flaming cheeks. So he brought his lips back onto hers.
His warm hands seemed stiff as they grasped her waist. The robe slid down her shoulders. Once Kagome realized this, she whimpered softly.
Something deep inside of him wanted to hold her close. She looked so scared.
Underneath him he could feel her shaking.
He pulled back.
“I'm sorry” he said.
“W-What?” she asked, fairly relieved that he wasn't undressing her.
“You don't want this, I don't want this. No sense in hiding it”
Kagome stared at him and silently thanked Kami. Quickly, fear flooded back into her features, and she gasped.
“But won't your father notice?”
Inuyasha shrugged
“Probably…” Inuyasha's father, Inutashio Takahashi, one of the most influential technological company owners in all of Japan, was a full demon and could easily smell if they had or hadn't officially `mated'.
Kagome's mother warned her about that right before the wedding. The only reason these two were married was to create an heir.
“What would he do anyway? Force us?”
Kagome looked down at the red bed sheets and fumbled with a loose thread.
“No I suppose not.”
Knock Knock.
Kagome raised an eyebrow. `Who could that be?'
Inuyasha climbed off the bed and walked through the main room, grateful for an excuse to leave the tension filled bedroom. He opened the door to a timid looking man in a hotel bell boy uniform. The man held a silver platter, and in it Inuyasha could see Kagome's smeared lipstick around his lips.
“Can I help you?” He asked his jaw was tight.
“A delivery to Mr. and Mrs. Takahashi” The man said. He looked embarrassed, having to take something up to the Honeymoon suite. He never knew what was going on inside when he knocked on the grand oak doors.
Inuyasha took the tray the man held out and murmured thanks before closing the door. He sat down on the plush sofa that was placed in front of the huge television.
Kagome slid into the room and sat on the couch next to him. She took the lid off the old-fashioned silver tray. Inside was a bottle of champagne and a note from their parents.
`You two have fun. Please don't scare her off tonight Inuyasha; we know how much you've been looking forward to this.'
Mom and Dad Takahashi
Inuyasha blushed. “They're just kidding” he assured Kagome, who was beginning to scoot away from him.
`I hope so.'
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
The champagne bottle lay un-opened on the couch. Inuyasha was watching television and Kagome had gone to bed two hours ago.
The clock read 12:00 and Inuyasha was getting tired himself.
Today had been a big, long, tiring day.
Inuyasha walked into the bedroom. Kagome was fast asleep, snuggling against a pillow. The blanket was pulled up to her chin.
He got under the covers and observed her sleeping form. She was very pretty, more so than when she was awake. He could see a faint tint of red in her cheeks and the pillows around her were damp. Inuyasha growled softly.
Again, he was faced with the dreadful temptation of holding her.
Simply, he resisted and pulled off the un-comfortable pants his father had forced him to wear.
As he was drifting into sleep he felt something warm on his chest.
Kagome had sub-consciously laid her head upon him. He tried to find a way to getting the young bride off of him without waking her
`Move my arm a little more…no then it would hit her in the chin…pick her head up? No…what if she was a light sleeper?Damnit.'
So he let her sleep there. He'd deal with his father in the morning.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO