InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ Eleven - Almost ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
Eleven
He merely grins at my comment and replies with a “Keh!”
 
I stand in the water for a while, Inuyasha standing next to me, when the fish finally start to return. I'm away to try and catch one when Inuyasha holds his arm out to stop me. “I can't have you scaring all the fish off again.” He says in a jokey voice and then adds. “We do need breakfast, you know.”
 
I smile innocently and he chuckles in response.
 
“Sorry, I haven't been fishing in ages. Although, surprisingly, I do love fish. Most cats do. Which is a real bummer seeing as I can't fish.” I pout. Then a smile passes across my face. “However, I can hunt. It's a lot easier than fishing and you kinda get the hang of it when people try to hunt you all the time.” My smile begins to falter.
 
I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. “It's okay.” Inuyasha says into my hair. I find myself blushing involuntarily.
 
He obviously notices because of the increase in my heartbeat. He pulls away slightly, his arms still around me, and turns me around to face him.
 
He's away to say something but, instead, our eyes connect and we just find ourselves looking into each others eyes.
 
My heartbeat starts to speed up even more in excitement as his face starts to slowly get closer to mine. Our lips are mere millimetres apart when Shippo bursts into the clearing, exclaiming that he wanted to come hunting with us too.
 
Inuyasha and I immediately spring apart and, luckily, Shippo doesn't notice.
 
“You ran off before I could say that I wanted to go hunting with you guys!” He whines. I smile as I pick him up.
 
“Sorry, we didn't think anyone wanted to come hunting with us.” I reply. I hear Inuyasha “Keh!” from behind me. My heartbeat starts to go all erratic again at the fact that Inuyasha is standing behind me.
 
“Ssh.” Inuyasha suddenly instructs. Shippo falls silent. I turn to Inuyasha.
 
“Wha—?” I don't get to finish as he puts a finger to my lips. My face starts to turn red and Inuyasha mouths “Boar.” I fall silent as well.
 
Then, suddenly, his finger is gone from my lips and he jumps into the forest. Shippo and I wait for him to return.
 
When he does, he has a boar slung over his shoulder and a proud smile on his face.
 
“Woah!” Shippo exclaims. “That's a big boar!”
 
I smile at Shippo and turn to face Inuyasha again, only to blush and look away.
 
We almost kissed!
 
If Shippo hadn't shown up, would he have gone through with it?
 
Would I?
 
I'm so confused and the day has only just begun! That's a record, even for me.
 
I mean, sure, he's a nice guy with the cutest ears on the planet. But I've only known him for a couple of days. What if he turns out to be a complete and utter jerk?
 
But we're mates, so shouldn't it be okay to kiss each other?
 
Aargh! I'm even more confused now!
 
“We, uh, better get back to the others, they're probably hungry.” Inuyasha's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.
 
We walk back to camp, all the while Shippo's nattering on about anything and everything, whilst Inuyasha and I try not to look at each other.
 
We arrive back at camp and Sango and I start to cook the boar on the fire that Miroku and Sango had set up while we were hunting.
 
And so, when the boar is cooked, we eat.
 
All too soon, I'm full. I push the remains of my share of the boar away from me and lie back on the grass. I close my eyes. When the lighting goes weird, I open my eyes, only to see Inuyasha looking at me with a confused expression on his face.
 
This results in me getting scared shitless and jumping up, only to bang my head against Inuyasha's. We both hold our heads in pain.
 
“What was that for?!” Inuyasha yells at me. I don't blame him. I would be angry too if someone had just headbutted me.
 
“You scared the Hell out of me!” I reply. “Why were you looming over me anyway?”
 
I'm vaguely aware of Sango whispering to Miroku “Don't get any ideas houshi.”
 
“I…well…uh…are you okay? I mean, you didn't finish your share of the boar and you lay back on the grass as if you weren't feeling well.” He says really quickly. I smile. He can be really sweet when he wants to be.
 
“I'm fine.” I watch as relief passes across his face. “Do you want the rest of my share? I'm full.”
 
He eats the rest of my share of the boar, while I take the time to look around. Every now and then, I notice Miroku move closer to Sango, until it gets to the point where she notices, glares at him, and he backs off. Kilala and Shippo are very cute when they're eating. I find myself smiling softly and laying back down on the grass, closing my eyes again with the smile still in place.
 
A different scent reaches my nose and I sit up.
 
It smells a bit like Inuyasha but different at the same time. Inuyasha growls.
 
“Sesshomaru.” He snarls.
 
*****************************
“Who's Sesshomaru?” I ask Inuyasha.
 
“My bastard of a half-brother.” He answers, his eyes staying in the direction that the scent is coming from.
 
Shippo whispers in my ear, “They don't like each other.”
 
I think it was obvious that they didn't like each other, because the moment this `Sesshomaru' - at least, I assumed it was Sesshomaru since he had the same long silver hair and cold eyes as Inuyasha, only his eyes held no emotion whatsoever - emerges from the clearing with a little frog man and a young girl on a two-headed demon following close behind him.
 
“Ah, Inuyasha. I see the rumours are true.” He looks at me. “You have finally found yourself a mate. And a half-breed no less.” I wince at that little `half-breed' comment.
 
“What do you want Sesshomaru?!” Inuyasha yells.
 
“I merely came to see if you have actually mated, or have just claimed her. Since, as you know this Sesshomaru is the Lord of the Western Lands, it would be very bad publicity if you were `rutting' with some woman and you weren't even mated.” He walks towards me.
 
Inuyasha steps in front of me. “Get away from her, you bastard!” He snarls.
 
“Relax, little brother. I'm not going to harm her. Now if you would be so kind as to get out of this Sesshomaru's way.”
 
Reluctantly, Inuyasha moves out of the way but he continues to glare at his brother. Sesshomaru leans down and begins to sniff my stomach. “What the Hell do you think you're doing?!” Both Inuyasha and I yell at the same time.
 
Sesshomaru stands up properly again. “Good. You have mated with her. And got her pupped.” With that, he turns and leaves, along with the frog man, the young girl and the two-headed demon.
 
Inuyasha and I look at each other.
 
“Pupped?!”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The much awaited chapter eleven is finally up! I was gonna stop after Inuyasha had said it was Sesshomaru who was heading to camp but I thought, since my exams are over and I'm in a nice mood, I'll continue.
 
Plus, since my exams are over, the chapters will hopefully be longer. Woo!
 
Reviews are very appreciated!