InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Kagome's Power and Kikyo's Fate ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Well, Chapter 5 is here! What will happen with Kagome? Inuyasha finally admitted his love for her outloud and to himself. Lets see what happens next!

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN Inuyasha or his friends, Sigh.

Chapter 4 recap:

Inuyasha holds out his Tetsusaiga towards Kikyo.

"You're not going to use that on me, Inuyasha."

"The hell I'm not!"

"You can't, you need me."

"Why would I need you?"

"Because your demon side can't help it." Kikyo laughs.

'I can't stand this. To hell with it.' "You are not who I want!" - He pauses for 3 seconds. 'I know now. It's Kagome. It has been Kagome. I need her. I want her. I' - "I LOVE KAGOOMEEE!"

_______

Chapter 5: Kagome's Power and Kikyo's Fate

Back at Narakus castle Kagome is being taken into a secluded and dark room.

"What are you doing? What do you want? What is mating season? What's happening?" Kagome can't stop asking questions.

"Shut-up miko. All demons and partial demons fall under the spell of mating season. You're beloved half demon will see Kikyo and he won't be able to stop himself from taking her. You know why, miko?"

'He loves her.'

"He loves Kikyo. Not you. You see, dog demons are strange creatures. They mate for life. They fall in love, find a mate, and stay with them forever. A bond even more disgusting then that of humans"

"What do you mean?"

"Humans get married but sometimes the marriage fails. Dog demons don't just fall in love and fall out of love. They know their love is eternal. Forever. Disgusting. And Inuyasha is one of them. He fell in love with Kikyo fifty years ago, and now that he is of age, he's going to take her. Make love to her. Then she will kill him. As she is meant to."

"That's not going to happen!"

"Why not, miko?"

"Because I won't let it happen!" Kagome holds out her hands and a huge bolt of pink glowing energy shot out towards Naraku.

"WHAT?!" He exclaims as the burst of power hits him directly in the chest. He quickly puts up a barrier around him and he notices Kagome running out of the room and then out of the castle. She uses her powers to fend off the weak demons that stood in her way. Naraku is too badly injured to go after her himself. "KOHAKU! Get kagome back, DON'T kill her. Injure her if you must!"

"Yes, Naraku." Kohaku stands up and heads outside into the forest to follow Kagome.

..

'I can't stand this. To hell with it.' "You are not who I want!" - He pauses for 3 seconds. 'I know now. It's Kagome. It has always been Kagome. I need her. I want her. I' - "I LOVE KAGOOMEEE!"

Gasps were heard all around them. Kagura is in her feather up in the sky watching the whole thing.

Miroku smiles, "Finally he admits it! Maybe now we can get on with our lives. All that's next is for you, my dear Sango, to admit your feelings for me."

"This is hardly the time for you to be a lech, Miroku. If I wasn't held back, I would slap you right now."

"What did you just say, Inuyasha?" Kikyo is now getting really angry. Bow in her hand, she aims an arrow at Inuyasha.

"I - I said I'm in love with Kagome." 'I was too stupid to realize it until now. That's why it's so hard to be around her during this time. My demon calls out to her. It needs her. And my human half yearns for her love. I can't stand being apart from her.'

"Well then, Inuyasha. Prepare to die!" Kikyo lets her arrow fly.

..

3 minutes earlier

Kagome is running through the woods as fast as she can. She knows Kohaku is after her. She just has one thing on her mind. 'I have to get to Inuyasha. I have to tell him how I feel! Before I .. before I die.' She trips over a tree root and twists her ankle. "Ow!" She gets back up and starts limping. 'Inuyasha, I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She turns around and sees someone. 

Kohaku slowly walks up to Kagome and notices her limping. "Come with me."

"I can't. Kohaku, you know me. You met me once before. When you weren't under Narakus control. He let you go for a little while to trick us, but I got to meet the real you. Please, Kohaku. remember. Remember Sango, remember your big sister!" 

Kohaku falls to his knees and holds his head tight. "What is happening? Why can I remember that womans face? Why can I remember her name? Who am I?" He looks up at Kagome.

Kagome notices a tear run down his face. "Kohaku, please take me to Inuyasha. Please help me and we will help you remember."

He looks at her confused. 'I want to remember, but at the same time, something is holding me back. I did something bad and I know I regret it. Should I trust her?'

"Kohaku, trust me."

He nods his head and helps her walk. They go towards the sound of voices in the distance.

..

Kagome and Kohaku make it to Inuyasha and her friends just in time to see and hear the recent events play out.

"I - I said I'm in love with Kagome." 

Kagome gasps. 'He loves me? And, he's telling Kikyo? Does this mean..'

"Well then, Inuyasha. Prepare to die!" Kikyo lets her arrow fly.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! INUUYAASSHHAAAA!" Kagome forgets all about the pain in her ankle and she runs to him. He is on the ground with a pink glowing arrow in his chest.

"You see, girl. I told you I would kill him." Kikyo laughs.

"You. You. You will regret hurting him."

"Or what? You don't have your bow. You are completly helpess. You are in love with a half demon. Meaning, Your powers are already weakened. Good luck beating me."

"My love for Inuyasha does not weaken me. It fuels my will to fight. It makes me stronger. And it makes me loath you even more! I saved your life, and you kill the only man I have ever loved! DIE!" Kagome stands up from Inuyasha's motionless body and starts to create a pink orb in the palm of her hands. 

"What do you think you are doing? You aren't stronger then me!" 

The pink orb is growing larger and larger. Kikyo starts to get nervous and pulls out another arrow.

"Whats wrong Kikyo? I thought my love for a demon would weaken me?"

Kikyo backs up, "I will kill you!!"

"Then do it. Shoot your arrow, Kikyo." At that moment, Kikyo's arrow flies. Miroku and Sango screem, Shippo hides his head and Kirara looks away and growls. 

Kagome's large ball of miko energy shoots from the palm of her hands and hits the arrow head on. The arrow doesn't disintegrate, it completely changes direction towards Kikyo.

"What? I have never seen this kind of power!" Kikyo surprisingly blurts out.

Kagome pushes another, larger orb directly at the arrow, causing the arrow to fly towards Kikyo, along with the rest of the spritual energy. Kikyo falls to the ground in surprize as Kagome slowly walks up to her.

"You can't hurt us anymore, Kikyo. I will take my soul back, and you will be at rest forever."

"How, how could this have happened? How did you not weaken. How are you stronger than me?"

"I don't want to hurt people. I protect my friends and they protect me. My love for Inuyasha makes me stronger. My hatred for the woman that kills him fires my anger. I'm sorry it ends this way Kikyo. But you had to die sometime."

Kikyo looks up at the sky and her body slowly turns to dust. Kagome's missing part of her soul flies up into the sky and twirles around until finally, it plumets down into her body. Kagome falls to the ground, unconcious.