InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Kohaku's Shard ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

WOW! Chapter 15! I am super invested in this. I just started a couple of days ago and I can't seem to stop! The story should definitely pick up more soon. Keep on reading to find out what happens next!

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

Chapter 14 recap:

"Kagome, we need to stop by Totosai's."

"Why?"

"That's the only way for me to find that damn flee."

Everyone gets back together for dinner and to make camp for the night. Inuyasha is up in a tree keeping watch, while Kagome is laying with Shippo. Sango is sleeping with Kirara and Miroku is sitting against a nearbye tree to help keep watch also. 

'I wish Inuyasha would sleep next to me. I still feel safest with him.'

They plan on heading back on their journey in the morning.

Chapter 15: Kohaku's Shard

It's now the middle of the night and everyone has fallen asleep. Inuyasha still up in the tree, and Kagome still down on the ground with Shippo. Kirara is her transformed form and Sango is using her as a pillow. Miroku fell asleep up against a tree while watching over his love.

Kagome is tossing and turning in her sleep. She rolled over and accidentally threw Shippo who tiredly woke up and decided he would have a better time sleeping by Kirara and Sango.

"Inuyasha. Why are you doing this?" Kagome is backed up against the tree with a demon Inuyasha in front of her, claws up in the air, ready to cause her pain.

"Stupid human. I don't care about you. I care about finding a mate."

"B-but you saved me from Kouga! You said dog demons were different. You .. you said you loved me." She looks away from him, now too depressed to be scared.

"Kagome? Kagome what happened? Are .. are you okay?"

When Kagome looks back at Inuyasha, he is back to his normal self, except his purple markings and blue pupils are still visible upon his features.

"Inuyasha. D-do you actually care about me?"

"What? Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?"

As soon as she started to smile, the smile fades. She looks at him as his eyes turn crimson again and he spoke. "Because it would be so much more fun to do this." He lifts his claws up and was about to strike.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome woke up and looked around in a panic. She realized everyone was still asleep. When she looked up at Inuyasha, he seemed to be dreaming too.

"Kagome?"

"Yes, Inuyasha?"

"I Don't know how much longer I can wait. Mating season is getting to me. I need you."

"I need you too." Kagome leans in and initiated the warm and gental kiss.

Inuyasha wanted this now. He has waited too long for his Kagome to want to be with him. He got on top of her and started to take off her clothes. It started to get harder and harder to resist his demon from escaping. He decided not to fight it this time and his eyes began to change, claws grew longer, purple markings on his cheeks -

"Inuyasha. Inuyasha." Kagome climbs up the tree and wakes him up, but is surprised at what she saw. She backs up from him and immediate fear washes over her. "Inu-yasha?" He was fully transformed this time. She calmed down when she realized, he was still acting like himself.

"Kagome? What .. what's wrong?"

"Y-you transformed."

"Please, Kagome. Don't be afraid of me."

She gets closer to him and leans into his inviting lips. He kisses her back passionately and when they pull away, Kagome notices he has changed back to normal.

'What is going on? Why do I keep having these dreams? Why is Inuyasha constantly changing, even while asleep?' She decided to worry about that tomorrow, she was too tired to think about anything right now. "Inuyasha? Can I .. stay here? .. With you tonight?"

He responded by grabbing her and pulling her protectively into his lap. They layed like that the rest of the night. Inuyasha decided to stay awake though, to protect Kagome, even from himself.

..

"Kagura."

Kagura walks into the room Naraku has been healing in since Kagome used her powers on him. He seems to be almost completly healed.

"Yes."

"It seems that Kohaku is resisting. I don't need him anymore. Kill him. Kanna. Go with Kagura." He said that last part as if he wanted Kanna to watch over Kagura. He does not trust Kagura but how could he not trust Kanna. She has no emotion. She feels no pain. She doesn't understand feelings.

Kagura walks out of the castle with Kanna behind her. 'Great. How am I supposed to do anything against Naraku with her following every move I make?"

..

The following morning, the gang eats and heads back on their hunt for Naraku. 

"We have to make a stop on the way."

"Where to?" Miroku curiously asks.

"Totosai" was all Inuyasha spoke.

"Inuyasha! Wait up!" Miroku runs after him and makes an excuse to Kagome so he could talk to Inuyasha alone. "Kagome, I think Sango wanted to talk to you."
Kagome turns around and decides to go talk to her friend. Shippo riding on Kagome's shoulder, like usual.

"What is it Miroku?"

"I found out about marriages in Kagome's time."

Inuyasha shot his head towards his friend and just said, "Well? Tell me!"

"Okay okay. You need to get her a ring."

"A .. ring?"

"Yes. One that fits on this finger, and it's supposed to show other humans that she belongs to you. Or something like that. Basically that she is with someone and is not available."

"Oh, so kind of like my mark. It shows other demons that she can't be taken." 'I know what I am going to do.' He smiles to himself.

Kagome walks back to the boys and says, "Miroku. Sango didn't have to talk to me."

"Oh, I guess I was wrong." He laughs guiltily and runs back to where Sango and her brother are.

Kohaku holds his head and falls to his knees.

"Kohaku! Are you alright!?" Everyone rushes to him but he doesn't answer.

"Kohaku. This is your last chance. Take Kagome or you die. Grab her. NOW."

His jewel shard in the back of his neck starts to glow an ominous purple. His eyes go blank and he stands up straight. He starts to walk toward Kagome as if he is a zombie, no emotion.

Kagome backs away, "Ko-haku? What are you .." She was cut off by him swinging his weapon at her.

Inuyasha jumped in front of her and growls. His eyes flash red and says, "this is your only chance."

"No, Inuyasha! It's not his fault!" Sango defends her brother.

To prevent anything from getting worse, Miroku knocks Kohaku out by swinging his staff at the back of his head.

"Miroku!" Sango goes to check on Kohaku.

"It was either this, or Inuyasha changing into a demon. Which would you prefer?"

"He's right, Sango." Kagome walks up to Kohaku and says, "His jewel shard is glowing. I think I know what to do." She walks closer to him, kneels down and holds her hands out. Her entire body starts to glow a radiating pink. Then, as if she has been doing it all her life, focuses on putting all the energy to her fingertips. She closes her eyes and touches where the jewel shard is.

"Kagome, what are you .." Inuyasha was cut off by Miroku. "Ssshh, she needs to concentrate.

Kagome holds her fingers on the back of his neck for about five minutes and then falls over. 

"Kagome!" Inuyasha catches her and holds her close. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just .. tired." She looks over at Kohaku and watches as the jewel shard just vanished from his neck. "The jewel shard. It's gone!"

Sango doesn't know what to do. Her brother stopped breathing. "Kohaku!"

"The jewel shard! It's up there!"

Everyone turned around and up in the sky was Kagura. Kanna was standing in front of them with her mirror and that creepy emotionless look on her face. 

"Inuyasha, Miroku. Go after them! Sango, take Kohaku over behind that tree over there. Shippo, come with us." Kagome knows what to do right away. She doesn't quite understand why she knows what to do now, but she does.

"Kirara! Help them!" Sango yelled to her feline friend.

As the fight went on and Miroku was about to use the wind tunnel, Saimyosho showed up, preventing him from doing so.

Behind the tree, Sango is crying while holding her little brother in her arms.

"Sango, lay him down." She does as she was told and watches as Kagome turns a mixture between bright pink and sky blue. The two colors start to swirl around her like nothing anyone has ever seen before. Kagome puts her hands where Kohaku's heart lies and lets a burst of her priestess energy out deep into his chest. She holds this position for two minutes straight, getting more and more tired by the second.

Finally, Kohaku starts to cough as if he had never stopped breathing just minutes before. Sango is crying and hugging her brother, who she knows now that Nuraku can't control any longer.

"Is he going to be okay?" Shippo asks worriedly.

Kagome, extremely exausted, leans back against the tree and says, "yeah. He will be fine." She then falls to sleep.

"Miroku! Continue this!" Inuyasha knows something happened. It's only faint because they are not fully mated, but he can sense Kagome is weak. He runs to her immediately.

"Kagura. I suggest you back off. Now."

"Or what? You can't use your wind tunnel for fear of the poisonous insects."

He grabs his right arm, the one with the curse in his hand, and threatens to release the deadly void. "You know I will. I will risk myself for them."

Kagura gets slightly nervous but stands her ground for fear of Naraku. Kanna decides to turn and go back, knowing she will be sucked up and Naraku can't stand to lose her right now.

"One last chance, Kagura!"

"Dance of blades!"

"WIND TUNNEL!" Miroku releases his Kazaana and a powerful black hole threatens to take Kagura's life. That's when she decides to make her leave.

Miroku falls to the his knees in pain, he sucked up about two dozen of those poisonous insects. After a moment, he walks over to join his friends.

"Kagome."

Kagome opens her eyes and looks at Inuyasha holding her close. "Inu-yasha. Kohaku, he's going to be okay." That's when she falls back to sleep in his arms.

Authors Notes: Another chapter complete! Please R&R and let me know how you like it so far! Thanks for your support!