InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Kagome Confesses ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

WOW! Chapter 20! I can't believe when I initially started writing this, I thought there would only be about 20 chapters! Well, I can honestly say, there will definitely be tons more, so keep this story saved! Thanks for reading. :)

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own InuYasha

Chapter 19 recap:

"Sorry." He says as he slices her with his claws. She winced but knew what he was doing. Inuyasha then does the same to his own wrist and holds the two cuts together. The demon energy mixing with her Miko energy swirls within both of their bodies. They both feel the connection immediately. They are forever connected to the farthest extent possible. 

They smile at each other, and for the rest of the night, continue to keep mating.

Kagome and InuYasha are finally mates.

Chapter 20: Kagome Confesses

As the morning sun rises into the sky, Inuyasha's ears twitch. He opens an eye and looks over to the beautiful girl laying next to him. He smiles and looks at the mark on her neck and both their wrists. Then he smells something. Something different. He sniffs the air more and the closer he gets to Kagome, the stronger the scent.

Kagome wakes up and notices the dog demon definitely showing he's not a human. "Ummm, InuYasha? What're you doing?"

"Y-you smell different." He sniffs more, trying to figure out what the smell could be. Not a bad smell at all, just different.

"What are you talking about?"

He continues to analyze her and to her utter annoyance. "Inuyasha. Stop."

He doesn't listen and the smell leads him to her abdomen.

Kagome starts to get real annoyed, "Inuyasha. Stop or I wil say it."

He backs away as realization hits him like a ton of bricks. As soon as he realized, he didn't hesitate to exclaim it. "Y-you. You're pupped!"

This completely took Kagome by surprize. How could she possibly be pregnant from just last night? Wouldn't it take longer to be recognizeable? "Wh-what do you mean?"

"That's what I smell. You're going to have my pup." He smiles at her but she is still too shocked and confused.

"How can you tell? Shouldn't it take longer to know that?"

"I can smell it, Kagome. The change in your scent means you are going to have a pup growing inside you."

She feels her stomach and looks into his eyes. Realization hits her and she jumps into his arms. "We're going to have a baby!" Then she pauses to think again and says, "What am I going to tell my family? Wh-what about Naraku? We have so much left to do!"

He holds her face still, in order to keep looking at him, and for once, he is the voice of reason. "It's okay. Whatever happens, I will be there to protect you and our pup." He kisses her and she immediately sinks into his lips.

Inuyasha pulls away as another scent hits his nose. "Eri is here." A knock was then heard at the front door.

Kagome says, "Tell her I'll be down in a few minutes. I'm going to take a bath." She grabs some clothes and heads for the bathroom. Inuyasha gets his clothes on and goes downstairs.

He answers the door and Eri walks in. "Hey, Inuyasha. I wanted to see if you two were back yet. Where's Kagome?"

"She said she'll be down in a few minutes."

"Okay." She happily sits down on the couch and turns on the T.V.

Inuyasha sits on the floor and doesn't say anything else. He isn't so used to being alone with Kagome's friends in her time.

After about ten minutes, Kagome walks down the stairs. "Hey Eri!" Kagome exclaims happily.

When Eri looks at her friend, she notices a huge change in her demeanor. Her eyes. She is happy and at peace. Something definitely changed since the last time she had seen them. "Hey Kagome! I'm glad you are here. Anything new since I saw you last?"

Kagome glances at Inuyasha and he smiles back at her. She decides she is going to tell Eri her news before anyone else. She is her best friend and the only friend of this world who knows the truth about Inuyasha. "Actually .." She holds her hand out to reveal the ring. 

Eri's eyes practically pop out of her head as she jumps up from the couch to hug her friend. She screeches in delight, causing Inuyasha's ears to flatten to his head.

When she pulls away from the hug, Kagome said, "Weelll.. There is some more news.."

"What is it?!"

"I'm .. I'm pregnant. Inuyasha and I are going to have a baby." Kagome smiles at Eri with complete delight.

Eri is completely shocked and slightly confused. She doesn't know how to ask but she decides to just come out and say it. "Umm, Kagome."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry to bring it up. It .. It's not the guy who -"

"NO!" 

"You're sure?"

"Yes. Inuyasha's sense of smell is strong. I was not pregnant after that encounter and I am after me and Inuyasha. He knows it's his, and so do I."

Eri sighed in relief and decided to leave it at that. She hugged her friend again and said, "I am so happy for you! A little baby! What are you going to tell your mom?"

Kagome looks over at her hanyou and back to Eri, "I honestly don't know. But I think I should tell her everything.. I'm ready."

Inuyasha places a hand on her back to help her feel better. She calms immediately at his touch and smiles at him. She also notices Inuyasha's demon has calmed down. His eyes haven't flashed red the entire time they have been talking about Kouga.

The three friends continued to talk about the baby and their future, well the girls mainly talked while Inuyasha listened, for what seemed like hours. 

..

"Kanna. What are Kagome and InuYasha up to now?" Naraku spoke.

Kanna, speaking with such little emotion, "I do not know. They have not been able to be seen through my mirror."

"What?! How is this possible? Keep watching for them."

She does as he says.

..

Kagome and Inuyasha are shocked as the front door opens and Kagome's family walks in.

"Mom. I thought you were coming back tomorrow?"

"That was the plan dear, but we were not needed any longer so plans changed. Hello Eri, how are you?"

"I'm doing well Ms. Higurashi." She smiled up at Kagome's mother.

Ms. Higurashi decided to go into the kitchen and start cooking for the guests.

Kagome is getting nervous. She knows she needs to talk to her mom but she doesn't quite know how or what to say.

Inuyasha and Eri can both see that Kagome is struggling. Inuyasha can feel it on a stronger level through their bond. He gets her to look at him and just his amber eyes causes her nerves to ease.

She smiles up at him and hugs him tight. "Thank you." Kagome stands up and decides she shouldn't wait much longer. "I'll be back. I'm going to talk to my mom."

"Do you need me to be with you?" Inuyasha asked.

She looked back at her mate and friend and gave them a warm smile. "Thank you both. I'll be okay."

They nod their understanding and await for the return of Kagome.

Kagome walks into the kitchen and notices her mother already cooking something. She holds her hands behind her back, so the ring is hidden for now. "Mom?"

Ms. Higurashi turns around and sees the look in her daughters eyes. "What is it dear?"

"You asked me before, what was wrong .. I want to tell you everything." Kagome looks down at the floor.

Ms. Higurashi walked up to her daughter and gave her a big hug. "You can tell me anything. But only if you feel ready." 

Kagome nods her head and leads her mother to her room so they could have more privacy.

..

"So, you and Kagome are going to have a baby. That's gotta be super exciting!" Eri said to Inuyasha.

Before he could respond though, Sota came running in and practically tackled the half demon.

"OW!" What the hell did you do that for, kid!?"

"Is that true? You and sis are having a baby? I heard Eri just say it. So it's true?" 
Inuyasha gets red in the face. 'Great,' he thought to himself.

..

"Oh Kagome. I'm so sorry that happened." She hugged her daughter tight. Kagome had just finished explaining what happened with Kouga.

"Thanks mom. It's been hard, but Inuyasha has helped me through it." She smiles at the thought of her mate. She unknowingly starts to feel her mark on her wrist as she is thinking about him.

..

Inuyasha starts to feel tingling where his mark is on his wrist. He growls to himself. 'Damn woman. What the hell are you doing?'

..

"Mom?"

"Yes, dear?"

"There's some more news.. Ummm, good news."

"What is it?"

Instead of trying to find the words, she held her hand out and showed her mother the ring.

Her mother gasped and grabbed her daughters hand. "It's beautiful. But .. you're only sixteen. Are you sure you're ready for marriage?"

Kagome gulps. "Y-yes .. And .. One more thing."

'Oh dear.' She nods for Kagome to continue.

"I-I'm pregnant. Inuyasha and I are going to have a baby. And before you ask. No, it is not Kouga's. Also, Inuyasha asked me to marry him before we did anything. I love him mom and I want to spend the rest of my life with him."

Her mother grabbed her daughter into a hug only a mother and daughter could share. "Kagome. I love you. I'm so happy you are happy. I will stand by you no matter what." She looks her daughter in the eyes and smiles. "I'm going to be a grandmother! I wonder if the baby will have Inuyasha's cute ears!" 

Kagome laughs.

..

Kagome and her mother head back downstairs and walk into the living room. Sota is trying to talk Inuyasha's ear off and Eri is giggling at the scene. When Kagome walks in smiling, Inuyasha perks up hoping she can get him out of this mess. 

It happened to be Ms. Higurashi to get him out of it though. "Inuyasha, dear. Can you come help me with something?" 

He looks at Kagome and she shrugs her shoulders. He gets up to go speek to Ms. Higurashi.

"Hey sis! Is it true? Are you having a baby!?" 

Kagome glares in Eri's direction.

"Hey, he's the one that overheard me talking to Inuyasha."

Kagome sighs and looks at her little brother. "Yes, Sota. I'm pregnant."

"Wow! That's awesome! I'm going to be an uncle and Inuyasha and I get to hang out so much more!"

Kagome laughs.

..

"Inuyasha, dear."

He's slightly nervous, wondering if she is mad at him. "Uhh, yeah?"

She surprises him by giving him a hug. "Treat my daughter well." She looks into his amber eyes.

"I will. You have my word, I will protect her with my life."

"And that baby too." She winks at him.

Inuyasha blushes and says, "Uhh, yeah." He looks away from her, slightly embarrased.

"That's all I ask."

With that, they head back to the others.

As Inuyasha and Ms. Higurashi walk back into the living room, Kagome gets up. "Mom? Where's gramps? I don't think I should tell him about Kouga but .. he should know he's going to be a great grandfather."

Kagome's mother isn't one for nerves but she doesn't quite know how gramps will react to Kagome and a demon mating and having a child together. "Umm, I think he is outside tending to the shrine grounds dear."

Kagome takes a deep breathe in and thinks to herself. 'How am I possibly going to tell gramps?' "Mom? Would you tell him? Pleeaasseee?"

Ms. Higurashi shakes her head and then pauses. "If it means that much to you."

"Yes! Thanks mom!" Kagome jumps up and hugs her mother. "I think we should go back, Inuyasha."

He nods in response and also stands up. They all say their goodbyes once more and Kagome and Inuyasha are once again, engulfed in the blue light of the bone eaters well.

Authors Notes: Chapter 20 is complete!!! Crazy how time flies. haha. So about Kagome and InuYasha's baby. I would usually take some requests on gender, but I already know how that is going to go. Sorry about that if you wanted to make that request. Other suggestions on how the story should go, whether it's about Kagome's world or the Feudal Era, let me know! One thing I'll ask about the pregnancy though, should Kagome have it in her time or InuYasha's time? What would be better? Thanks for reading! Please R&R!