InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Kagome's Pregnancy ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hey guys! Sorry it has been a couple days since I updated. I have been working on a couple others too. I will try and make this one worth the wait!

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own InuYasha

Chapter 20 recap:

Kagome takes a deep breathe in and thinks to herself. 'How am I possibly going to tell gramps?' "Mom? Would you tell him? Pleeaasseee?"

Ms. Higurashi shakes her head and then pauses. "If it means that much to you."

"Yes! Thanks mom!" Kagome jumps up and hugs her mother. "I think we should go back, Inuyasha."

He nods in response and also stands up. They all say their goodbyes once more and Kagome and Inuyasha are once again, engulfed in the blue light of the bone eaters well.

Chapter 21: Kagome's Pregnancy

It has now been a week and a half since Kagome and InuYasha came back from the future. They told their friends about the marriage proposal and officially becoming mates. Though, they have not mentioned Kagome's pregnancy yet. They aren't quite sure when to tell them or if it's even a good idea, seeing that Naraku could be listening at any point. They want to make sure the baby is as safe as possible. 

Though this seems to be getting harder and harder to hide. Kagome is getting sick and constantly having to run from the group to relieve herself of the sickness. Also, it doesn't help that there are other demons that travel with them. Sure, Kirara can't talk but Shippo keeps asking questions. He may be a child, but his sense of smell is still strong.

Currently, the group is back on the hunt for Naraku. InuYasha staying as close to Kagome as possible, being even more protective then usual. Sango and Miroku are traveling close behind with Kirara and Kohaku. Shippo on the other hand, is very uncharacteristically alone. He hasn't said much the last few days and everyone has been worried. He is usually very talkative and always speaks his mind.

Shippo stops in his tracks when he starts to think even harder. He runs up to InuYasha and Kagome and jumps on her shoulder in a rush. "Kagome!" She almost fell over from the impact, causing her stomach to turn.

"I think I'm gonna be sick."

InuYasha grabs Shippo by his tail and glares at him while Kagome rushes to a nearby bush and throws up all the contents of her stomach.

"What did I tell you about jumping on her!? She is sick!"

"I'm sorry InuYasha but .."

"What is it, runt."

Everyone stops to listen to him. Kagome slowly comes back to the group feeling dizzy. She sways on her feet until InuYasha holds her still in order for her to be able to stand. He drops Shippo as he does this.

"Kagome?"

"Yes, Shippo? What's wrong?"

"It's just.. You smell different."

Kagome and InuYasha slighly freeze in their place when they hear that. Well of course she smells different, she is pregnant. But they don't want to tell them that yet. Just in case Naraku is near.

"What about it? You know she is my mate. Of course her scent has changed." InuYasha tried to make some sense of it.

"B-but it's not just that. She smells a lot like you. More then I feel like she should."

"What do you possibly know about it? You're just a kid."

"InuYasha. Be nice to him." Kagome scolded.

InuYasha gave her a look as if to say, 'do you really want him to keep asking questions?'

Shippo thinks harder and says, "Well, my parents were mated and my mom didn't smell as much like my father as Kagome smells like you, InuYasha."

Miroku snickers.

"What is it, monk." Sango glares at him.

He laughs even more as he tries to speak through breaths of laughter. "Kagome and InuYasha .. are probably .. just connecting more .. then your parents." He looks back at the blushing couple and says, "So? How much fun are you two having these days?"

InuYasha and Kagome both blush because it's either; tell them the truth, or make their friends believe they are just horny teenagers. 

InuYasha growls, "None of your damn business monk."

"Why don't we just leave them alone, guys?" Sango as the voice of reason, tries to defend her friends. She sort of suspects the pregnancy because of Kagome's recent symptoms, but she doesn't want them to be forced into saying anything. She does wonder though, why Kagome didn't tell her. She is her best friend, right?

Shippo is determined to find out what they are hiding from him. He jumps up onto Kagome and starts smelling all over her. 

"Shippo, what are you doing?" Kagome asks him.

As he gets closer and closer to her abdomen, InuYasha gets angrier and angrier. He growls and rips Shippo off. "I'm not going to tell you again. Stop."

Shippo had one last sniff of her abdomen before coming to a conclusion. "Kagome? Are you and InuYasha having a -" 

He was cut off by InuYasha's claws over his mouth. "Shut. Up." InuYasha said to him.

Kagome decides, they are going to find out sooner or later so why not tell them now. "InuYasha. I think they should know."

InuYasha is so confused. They agreed that it would be safest to keep it a secret for as long as possible. They need to destroy Naraku before the truth is revealed. "K-kagome. You know we can't."

Kagome looks around the area and finds what looks to be an abandoned hut. She points to the hut and says, "Over there. Why don't we stay there tonight and talk?"

InuYasha growls but agrees anyway. He drops Shippo, not caring about being careful, and heads to the hut with Kagome by his side. The rest of the group follows close behind.

Once they make the hut a proper camp for the night and are fully settled in, Shippo starts asking more questions. "K-kagome? Why are you hiding it?"

She smiles down at the kitsuni and ruffles his hair. "I'm sorry Shippo. We just wanted to be completely safe."

Miroku speaks up this time. "So.. you two.. are.."

"Yes. I'm pregnant." Kagome finally said.

Sango squealed in delight, causing InuYasha's ears to flatten to his head, and she jumps up to hug her friend. "Why didn't you want us to know?"

Kagome looks to her feet and takes in a deep breath. "We just wanted to keep the baby safe from Naraku, in case he was listening. I don't see any Sainyosho and InuYasha doesn't smell anything, so I think we are safe in here."

"That's gotta be so exciting!" Sango smiled with such joy.

Kagome puts a hand to her stomach and smiles. She really is happy about it. In her own time it would be frowned apon for a sixteen year old to have a baby. In this time, the feudal era, it's so common that no one would blink an eye.. Well, that is what she thinks. InuYasha has been hiding how he feels about it in this era. He loves Kagome but doesn't want her to be shut out by the people of this era for being with someone like himself. A worthless half demon.

InuYasha looks away, trying to hide his on coming sadness. This didn't get passed Kagome though. They are fully connected now. Not just by the mark on her neck, but the marks on both of their wrists. Even the ring is connecting them more.

"InuYasha? Can we go by the river that's nearby? I'm thirsty." She said this in order to be alone with him. 

The friends didn't give it a second thought, figuring she just wanted InuYasha to protect her and the baby while she got some water. InuYasha on the other hand knew what she was doing, but he also knew that she would leave anyway and then he would have to follow.

"Keh, whatever." He had said to her.

They walk out with Kagome's water bottles, in order to fill them for the group. When they made it to the water, Kagome blatenly asked him, "What's going on?"

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"Don't try to hide it, InuYasha. You know that I can tell when you are hiding something, so just fess up."

His ears flatten to his head and he looks away. He doesn't want to upset her but he also knows that she makes his worries disappear. "It's just.. you are a priestess." He pauses to look at her confused face before continuing. "I am just some stupid half demon." 

Before he could continue, Kagome jumped into his arms. "How could you say that? After everything, you still don't get it, do you? You are perfect just the way you are. I fell in love with you, InuYasha."

He wraps his arms around her and takes a breath in of her intoxicating scent. He calms down, so he could continue his explanation. "I know you love me, Kagome. I love you too. The people here though, the villagers. The demons. Every living thing will be against it. I am used to being ignored and shut out. But I don't want you to have to deal with that too. I'm sorry, I should have thought about that."

Kagome squeezes him tighter. Tears threaten to escape her eyes. No one should ever have to deal with something like that. He shouldn't have to be used to it. But what else upsets her is him deciding things for her. "InuYasha. I don't care what they say or think. I'm with you, and I'll be with you forever."

They pull apart from their hug in order to look back into each others eyes. Kagome is surprised to see a stray tear on his face. He isn't even trying to hide it from her. She reaches her hand up to wipe the tear away and says, "I love you, InuYasha."

"I love you too, Kagome."

After a moment of composing themselves, they fill the water bottles and go back to meet their friends in the abandoned hut.

..

"Naraku. It appears that the priestess is with child."

Naraku laughs and looks into the mirror that Kanna is holding in front of him. "So, InuYasha has another weakness. He is going to be a father. He is now fully mated to the little miko. He is worried that people will talk badly about her." He laughs some more. "What a worthless little half demon. Kanna. Keep watch of them. I know what we are going to do." Laughs coming from Nraku were echoeing off the walls of his castle.

..

The next morning was tough. Kagome had thrown up a total of six times before breakfast was even eaten.

"Come on Kagome. You have to eat something." InuYasha pleaded with her.

She gave him a glare that made him freeze in his spot. "I. am. not. hungry." She said through gritted teeth.

InuYasha backed up in fear. He hasn't seen Kagome this mad in a while. Then he saw her walking away and quickly came to his senses. "Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to take a bath and brush my teeth. Please, can I be alone?"

InuYasha thought she was going crazy. "You want to be alone? Now? What about demons and Naraku?"

She lifts her bow and says, "I have this. I'll be fine." She hugs him and smiles up to him, all anger seemed to have faded. She turns to go to the nearby hotspring. All her friends looked at her in shock.

"Aren't you going to go to her, InuYasha?" Shippo asked.

InuYasha smiled. "It's fine. I will know if she is upset or in danger." He looks down at his mark on his wrist and remembers about the powers of the ring Totosai had made.

..

Kagome had just finished brushing her teeth and taking her bath. Now she decides to relax in the hot water before heading back. All of her muscles have been aching pretty badly. Her eyes are closed but she hears a twig snap. Her eyes snap open and she grabs her bow.

"Show yourself!" She yells into the trees.

"Hey. It's me!"

She hears the sound of InuYasha's voice and immediately calms down. She lowers her weapon and asks, "What are you doing? I asked to be alone."

He walks out from behind the trees and walks up to her, still naked in the hotspring. "I know, but I wanted to make sure you were okay. You've been gone for a little while."

"I'm perfectly fine, InuYasha." She sinks back down into the water to feel its  warmth better. She doesn't notice InuYasha smile and his eyes flash red before he decides to get into the hotspring with her.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting in with you. Why?"

"I don't know. You just, don't usually want to waste time with baths."

He moves a strand of hair from her face and turns her head to look back at him. "I wanted to be with you." He starts to lean in to kiss her and she welcomes him. Since her pregnancy, she has been feeling too sick for much of this. She misses it.

He starts to get on top of her, kissing her harder then ever before. Hungrier. Kagome starts to feel as though something is wrong. She can't seem to sense any emotion coming from him. This really worries her. Fear spikes off of her body. Kagome pushes InuYasha off of her and says, "Ummm. We should really.. get back.."

"What's wrong Kagome? Don't you still want to be with me?" He slightly smirks at her and this time, she does notice his eyes flash crimson.

"Umm.. It's just.." She glances down at his wrist and sees no mark. It's not InuYasha. Fear starts to take over as she begins to panic.

'InuYasha' starts to laugh. "So, you figured it out. I was hoping we could have some fun before you noticed I wasn't the disgusting hanyou."

Kagome tries to escape but is grabbed by the clawed hands that at the moment, still look like InuYasha's. "Wh-what do you want?!"

He laughs some more. "I want you. After I have you. I'm going to kill you and your unborn child. I am going to have you look into the eyes of the half demon you love so much while he kills you."

Realization hit Kagome in the face. The same thing happened fifty years ago with Kikyo and InuYasha. "Naraku." She says.

"Took you long enough." He laughs as he goes to grab her by the arm. 

Kagome lets out a bolt of pink and light blue energy directly at the hand on her arm. He releases her immediately. She tries to think hard and decides to scratch the mark on her wrist. 'Please InuYasha. Help me.' She starts to run but trips on a branch. When she turns around, 'Inuyasha' had transformed back into the form of Naraku.

Naraku was about to strike when the most soothing voice hits her ears. "Wind Scar!" InuYasha, her InuYasha blows Naraku away. InuYasha takes his Haori off and wraps her up in it. When they looked back, Naraku was gone. He had escaped.

Authors Notes: How was that? Did this chapter make up for missing a few days? I hope so. Thanks for reading and don't forget to review!