InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To be(Redone) ❯ Meant To Be ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Meant To Be
By Lady Lace
Edited By Lady_Europa & Loki
Rated R


PT.1


Inuyasha sat upon a tree limb thinking about Kagome and Kikyo. How could he choose between them? There was something special about each of them, but he knew he had an important decision to make, and quickly. Kagome would feel the hurt far more than Kikyo he mused; he hated to see Kagome cry. Inuyasha would never forget the day he learned she had seen him kiss Kikyo and told her how much he still loved her.


**flashback**


"Kagome, why are you so upset? You haven't spoken to me in days." He asked with trepidation.

"Just leave me alone Inuyasha, I don't want to talk about it." Kagome turned and walked away leaving Inuyasha dumbstruck.

It was at that moment Miroku approached Inuyasha and advised him to leave Lady Kagome to work things out in her own time.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He grumbled in reply.

"Yes I do Miroku." he retorted scowling.

Miroku shook his head and explained how Kagome had been present when he kissed Kikyo. He also told him Kagome had heard him affirm his love for her. Inuyasha didn't know what to do; he realized then that his words would have broken her heart. he wanted to go to her, but he knew he shouldn't just yet.


**Days later**


"Inuyasha, we need to hurry up … there's someone with jewel shards close by. I think its Naraku … I can sense his presence."

"Kagome, I want you to stay here … I don't want you hurt, okay?" Kagome's indignation and annoyance reached the surface as she glared at Inuyasha with eyes sharp as daggers.

"What! … you think I can't handle myself? After all, I am Kikyo reincarnated, she was perfect for you wasn't she … am I not as good as she?" she shouted. Inuyasha was stunned by her unexpected outburst.

"Kagome! I didn't mean anything by it, I'm sorry," he said sighing as he realized Kagome had gone after Naraku. The only thing he could do was follow her. He now understood just how much he had hurt her. The fact she was prepared to throw herself into battle like that told him that her sorrow ran so deep she would do anything to dull the pain, even if it meant her downfall.

"I know you're not Kikyo, Kagome … I know you can handle yourself," he said knowing she couldn't hear him.

*^*

"I can't believe that boy! … How could he tell me I was putting myself at risk … I'm just as good as she; perhaps better. It's always about her; I'll show Inuyasha and everyone else that I'm more than capable of holding my own in battle." She said angrily to herself as she continued her search for her prey. "I will destroy you for sure this time Naraku; I will show them all I'm no weakling! she said with a look of fierce determination etched upon her face."

Kagome at last came across Naraku, who was completely taken off guard. In a single motion; she took her archer's stance, straightened her bow and took aim, drew the arrow and released it hitting him in the chest. Naraku was outraged that this pitiful human could hurt him, for his anger now matched Kagome's.

"You stupid b***h … how dare you … you can't defeat me!" he shouted while directing an energy blast at Kagome. She had no intention of leaving. she stood with her next arrow aimed and ready to fire.

"This is for everyone, and you too Inuyasha for doubting my strength!" she said as tears streamed down her face.

Suddenly, her arrow began to glow. The energy accumulating within the arrowhead had focused the force of her strongest emotions. The love, hate and strength poured through her and into the projectile.

"Die Naraku!" she yelled releasing the arrow as his last attack closed in on her.

She refused to move, and stood her ground. Inuyasha had in that moment arrived; his eyes quickly took in the situation. Kagome's tear streaked face touched a chord in his heart. He witnessed her unflinching courage, inner strength and was moved profoundly by her words. He was heartbroken to know he had driven her to this. Inuyasha caught sight of Naraku's attack as it homed in on its target.

"Kagome, look out!" he shouted desperately, but it was too late. The fiery orb struck with full force.

"No!" Inuyasha screamed as the glowing sphere had knocked her to the ground.

As fate would have it; her arrow hit Naraku the very moment she was struck by his energy blast. He screamed with pain, for he'd never experienced such agony. The missile had drained him completely. Suddenly, a swarm of demons had been destroyed by Kagome's arrow. Naraku, though greatly weakened, managed to survive the blow. He looked to where Kagome lay in Inuyasha's arms.

"How could she do that? This woman is unlike Kikyo; her magic is greater. I must leave and recuperate, but I will return to finish this!" he sneered and quickly withdrew from the fray.

Naraku hadn't seen the look of pure hatred in Inuyasha's eyes, nor did he realize that Kagome had knocked a significant number of the jewel shards from his body. Miroku had swiftly gathered them before Naraku realized anything was amiss. He turned on his heel and disappeared into the shadows.

"I will kill you for hurting Kagome, I promise you that." Inuyasha vowed as he held Kagome close to his chest. At that moment; Kagome felt the warmth of Inuyasha's body as her eyes flickered open. Everyone's attention turned to Kagome.

"See Inuyasha; I told you I was as strong as Kikyo." She said smiling as she looked into his eyes.

"Why Kagome … why did you do this." He asked in disbelief.

"I wanted to prove to you I'm just as good as she is; I love you Inuyasha," she smiled, and with that said, Kagome fell unconscious. Inuyasha was stunned by her heartfelt admission.

`Did she do all this, because of me?' he asked himself as his emotions swirled through his heart like a tornado.

Shippo was crying as he unsuccessfully attempted to wake Kagome, but she was seriously injured.

"Please Kagome … wake up; we need you," he pleaded as he continued his efforts to revive her.

The assembly all started to cry. The battle was far from over, but as the sun set our heroes walked away defeated, but they were determined to fight back.

Inuyasha carried Kagome into Kaede's hut; she asked everyone to leave so she could tend to her wounds uninterrupted. Inuyasha sat outside praying she would be alright.

`Why did she do this? Just like the crazy woman to pull something like this, doesn't she have any regard for her safety, and for that matter, her life and those she would leave to grieve her passing? ` Inuyasha was beside himself. It was all he could do to stop himself from kicking the logs in the fire. He was angry at himself, and angry with Kagome; hell, he was just mad.

*^*

All Inuyasha could think about over the next few days was what Kagome had said before losing consciousness. She was still unconscious and to make matters worse; she had come down with a fever. Miroku and Sango had entered the well to inform Kagome's family of her condition. Kagome's mother emerged from the well on several occasions to assist Kaede. Kagome's mother had seen the torment in Inuyasha's eyes and tried to comfort him.

"Kagome is a strong woman; she will get through this just fine, Inuyasha … don't worry." She said reassuringly.

"She did all this because of me; it's my fault." He said in a self-effacing manner.

"No Inuyasha … it's not, Kagome has a mind of her own, and when she sets her mind to something, she sees it through … Be strong Inuyasha; she will need you when she regains consciousness." She said in a gentle tone as she stood up to check on her daughter.

Later, Inuyasha told everyone he needed some time to himself to sort out a few things in his head, and went for a long walk. He had to find a solution to his problems concerning his feelings for Kagome and Kikyo. He had found a soft patch of grass, and sat down and closed his eyes. He'd been there a while when suddenly he caught Kikyo's scent.

"Inuyasha, what are you doing out here, were you looking for me?" she asked looking down at him smiling.

"Oh no Kikyo I just wanted to be alone and think." He replied in a surprised tone.

"Oh! I was told of a young woman going up against Naraku; would that happen to be your companion, Kagome?" she asked as her eyes scanned their surroundings to make sure they were alone.

"Yes it was." he responded with a sad expression upon his face.

"Was she badly hurt?" she asked almost whispering.

"Yes." He replied.

"Well serves her right for thinking she could defeat him all by herself." She said casually.

"How dare you say that about her; she almost died trying to protect the jewel you were sworn to protect." He chided.

"I'm sorry Inuyasha, I didn't mean to upset you." She said feeling a little foolish and bowed her head.

"It's okay, I'm sorry I snapped at you, but since you are here … we need to talk." He coughed before continuing. "Kikyo, how do you really feel about us?" he asked knowing her answer.

"I'm not sure I understand your question." She said a little taken aback.

"I mean, how you really feel about our relationship … do you love me?" he asked not taking his eyes off hers for a minute.

"Of course I love you, how could you ask that question of me … I've always loved you, you know that." She said a little hurt and confused.

"Yes, you loved me then, but what about now … I mean, you've tried to kill me a few times, that's not exactly loving someone … even after you knew we were betrayed, you still tried to drag me into hell with you … I've tried hard to understand this was because you were hurt, but it doesn't make sense that you still seek revenge." He said staring into her eyes.

"I know you will never understand that Inuyasha, but it's what keeps me alive … If my need for revenge wasn't fulfilled, I most likely would not be alive right now. I don't know what more I can say to you Inuyasha … Why you are asking me these things anyway?" she said turning her back on him.

"I just needed to know something." He replied as an interminable gulf seemed to open up between them.

Kikyo began to walk away when Inuyasha climbed to his feet and grabbed her hand.
"I will always care for you Kikyo. I have done all I can to avenge your death, but I can no longer love you." He said trying to maintain his composure.

She turned to face him, tears brimming as she blinked rapidly and stepped into his open arms. They stood like that for what seemed an eternity. She felt as if her heart would explode, but she knew Inuyasha was right. He kissed Kikyo goodbye one last time before returning to the village. Kikyo stood there with a sad look upon her face, but she somehow had known this was coming.

"Be good to him Kagome, for I no longer can." She said softly looking at his retreating figure in the distance. She gathered her courage and prepared herself for the journey that lay ahead.

Inuyasha returned with a new sense of happiness, for he truly loved Kagome, but he had no idea how he was going to make her understand this.
"Hey everyone how's Kagome?" he asked enthusiastically.

"She's awake now … Why don't you come see her?" Kaede said smiling winking at the others surreptitiously.

Inuyasha felt something had shifted inside and the feelings were like nothing he'd ever experienced before. he didn't know what to say. he couldn't even look her in the eye.

"Hey Kagome, how are you feeling?" he asked pleased to see her sitting up.

"I'm okay, just a little sore, but I'll be fine." She said taking his hand in hers.

"I was really worried about you; please promise me you will never do anything like that again." He said with heartfelt emotion.

Kagome didn't say anything; she just stared at Inuyasha thunderstruck by his words. something had changed in him; she could see it in his eyes. Kagome picked up the despondency, but she also saw hope.

`This was going to be interesting, very interesting indeed.' she thought to herself.


PT.2


Since her recovery after the incident with Naraku, Inuyasha began to act very strangely around Kagome. Try as she might; she couldn't understand why. The group was on one of there typical treks, and this had given Inuyasha plenty of time to think.

"Inuyasha, what's wrong? You've been acting very weird lately … weirder than usual, if you ask me." Kagome commented with a puzzled look on her face.

"Well, I'm not asking for your opinion … so leave me alone woman." He said petulantly, and with that Inuyasha leapt into the trees.

`Boy, what's his problem?' thought Kagome

Their journey had eventually taken them to a land of disposed demons.

"What is this place?" asked Sango as she stood carefully surveying their surroundings.

"It's a place where all the demons end up," Miroku replied solemnly.

"Are all those demons we destroyed here too?" yelled Shippo.

"I suppose so" Kagome replied before Miroku could give an answer.

Without warning, a series of strange sounds caught their attention. These reverberations seemed to be coming from beneath their feet.

"Hey everybody, be on your guard! … Expect the unexpected!" Inuyasha warned as he pulled out the tetsusaiga. Sango produced her boomerang and called for Kirara to transform. Miroku stood ready with his wind tunnel while Kagome had her bow strung and ready to fire. Kagome sensed something nearby, and while she tried to pin point its location, she felt something touch her leg and let out an ear-piercing scream. Everyone turned to see what happened. Something, or someone had grabbed Kagome's leg and was pulling her underground.

"Hold on Kagome! … I'm coming!" Inuyasha shouted as he sprinted towards Kagome and grabbed her by the waist and pulled with everything he had, but it wasn't enough. Kagome was swallowed up by the undulating earth.

"No, not again … please Kagome, not again!" Inuyasha screamed heartbroken once again. He berated himself for being so careless, and putting her in danger once again.

"I will find you Kagome, I promise." He vowed turning to his friends who were equally distraught.

*^*

Kagome woke up in complete darkness; she found herself in an unfamiliar situation and had no idea how to deal with it and she was terrified.

"Where am I, and who, or what brought me here? … Inuyasha where are you? I need you." Kagome cried trying to get her bearings.

Kagome noticed a dim light ahead, so she carefully felt her way around in the darkness and began to walk slowly towards it.

*^*

"Hurry up Miroku; I've picked up Kagome's scent, but it's growing faint." Inuyasha urged.

Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Inuyasha all climbed on Kirara and followed Kagome's trail.

*^*

Kagome came across a strange cavern, it was dark and damp. In the distance she could hear a faint sound, and realized it was someone talking. She followed the sound until she had stumbled across Naraku. Kagome quietly observed Naraku, who seemed to be tending to his wounds.

`I must have really hurt him if he's still trying to heal his wounds, good … that's what he deserves. `She thought with a sense of satisfaction.

Kagome was a little surprised at the depth of her feelings. Usually she would be the last to wish anyone to suffer, but the anger and contempt she felt at that moment towards Naruku couldn't be assuaged. She believed it was entirely his own fault.

Suddenly, Naruku sensed another presence in the chamber with him, and turned to find Kagome glaring at him.

"You b***h … you did this to me!" he spat out with rage. Kagome was frightened, but stood her ground.

"What do you want you lifeless demon? … Why don't you just die?" Kagome screamed and charged at him with arrow trained on her target. She fired and Kagome's arrow hit him in the upper arm. He screamed in pain; he had lost too many Jewel shards and felt quite weak. Naraku managed to hit her just after she released her arrow. The force of the blow knocked her to the ground. Blood seeped from the corner of her mouth.

*^*

"Kagome!" Inuyasha screamed.

"What is it Inuyasha?" Miroku shouted.

"Kagome. I can smell her blood… we must be close!" he replied.

"Kirara, hurry!" Sango shouted.

*^*
Kagome was picking herself off the floor of the cavern when she sensed Inuyasha's presence.

`Huh, but that couldn't be! … How can I be sensing him? This was too weird!' she thought while dusting herself off. Then she heard his re-assuring voice.

"Naraku, get away from her!" Inuyasha demanded.

Kagome looked up and saw everyone upon Kirara's back.

`Thank god' Kagome thought as a sense of relief overtook her. Her previous display of recklessness had almost cost her life.

"Your not going to get away Naraku, I will kill you for sure this time. No one will ever hurt Kagome as long as I'm alive!" shouted Inuyasha.

Kagome looked at Inuyasha, there was a look of pure determination on his face.

`Does he really care that much for me?' she thought.

Inuyasha pulled out tetsusaiga and took aim.

"You will no longer cause us any further problems. You had destroyed my former lover, and now you're trying to destroy the woman I love now … I won't let you." Inuyasha declared.

Kagome wasn't sure if she heard him right, did Inuyasha just admit he loved her? She was stunned by his pronouncement, and immediately turned red. She now realized how much she truly loved him, but could he really return her feelings ?

"Inuyasha please be careful … when this is all over, we've a lot to discuss." She said with a mixture of warmth and concern for his well being. The expression upon Inuyasha's face at that moment was truly priceless she thought.

`Did she hear me just say that? … Oh dear!' Inuyasha thought to himself while also turning a bright shade of red.

"Enough, I will kill you all!" Naraku shouted angrily as he charged at them all, but he was stopped dead in his tracks by Inuyasha's tetsusaiga and Miroku's staff.

"You will never defeat us, not this time … You look a little weak there Naraku!" Miroku taunted. "Missing a few shards are we?" he mocked.

Naraku was getting really mad; he began another attack , but once again his advance was thwarted.

"Fine, let's see which of your women you will save first." Naraku laughed sneering at his enemies. He simultaneously directed a blast at Kagome and Sango. Both Inuyasha and Miroku jumped into action to save the women they loved. Luckily, they managed to intervene just in time.

"That's it?" yelled Inuyasha shaking his fist at Naraku. "You've ruined and taken the lives of too many people and enough is enough! ... I shall put an end to the misery you've caused … you've never looked more like a demon dog." He said menacingly while glaring at Naraku. Kagome was truly frightened; she had never seen him this angry before.

"Miroku, Kagome, bring me all the jewel shards right now." He demanded.

"… But, Inuyasha!" answered Kagome.

"Now!" he yelled. They did as he asked, but Inuyasha didn't place them in his own body. Instead, he fixed them to tetsusaiga.

"What is he doing, Kagome?" Miroku asked not sure what to make of Inuyasha's actions.

"I don't know Miroku, but he must have a plan." Kagome offered.

Something in Inuyasha snapped; he placed the shards upon his sword and they appeared to melt into the metal. Inuyasha's sword glowed brighter than it had ever done.

"I will never forgive you for all the horrible things you've done … you have forfeited your right to live … I will see to it!" Inuyasha declared.

Kagome had never seen him so serious, so angry and so determined. She knew this would be the end for Naraku. Inuyasha raised his sword just as Naraku was going to jump clear , but Shippo had used one of his illusions to hold Naraku at bay.

"What have you done to me dam it? … I can't move!" Naraku screamed.

"Die Naraku!" shouted Inuyasha. Everything Inuyasha believed in, every thing he fought for and everything he loved went into that devastating strike. Tetsusaiga was beautiful; it gleamed with such brilliance and radiated a strength that made it seem larger than it had ever been.

"I will see all of you in hell!" he shrieked.

These were his final words. Naraku was no more, the remaining shards landed upon the ground. Inuyasha's tetsusaiga returned to its normal state save the tendril of smoke that escaped its blade.

Kagome looked at Inuyasha; he stood there looking truly magnificent; she thought him beautiful as he stood before them in all his glory. Suddenly, Inuyasha collapsed into a state of unconsciousness. Everyone rushed to Inuyasha's side; Kagome knelt beside him placing his head in her lap.

"Oh! Inuyasha please be alright … I need you more than you know, please come back to me." She said while stroking his face. "The power within the sword must have drained him completely." She suggested.

"We better get back to the village." Shippo suggested touching Kagome's shoulder gently.

"Fine." said Miroku as he helped Kagome put Inuyasha upon Kirara's back as they made ready for the long journey home.


PT.3


Many days had passed, and all that time Inuyasha lay in a state of unconsciousness. Kagome had been so worried. She never left his side for a moment longer than was necessary. Sango returned to Kagome's world to let her mother know the latest news, and to bring Kagome some items that she needed. Kagome was fast asleep by his side. She found herself in a vivid dreamscape.

"Inuyasha, where are you?" she screamed, but there was nobody there. Suddenly, she could see a vague silhouette in the distance moving towards her.

"Who's there, Is it you Inuyasha?" she asked apprehensively. She realized it wasn't him . It was Kikyo. What was she doing in her dream?

"Go to him Kagome, he needs you." She urged.

`… but why would she be saying that, was this some kind of trick?' she asked herself frowning.

"Go to him now!" Kikyo insisted once more.

Kagome woke with a start and found Inuyasha still asleep.

'that was a weird dream!' she thought shaking off the unearthly feeling that came with it. She didn't wish to dwell on it. Kagome looked at Inuyasha; she couldn't believe how beautiful he really was. His features were magnificent. she began tracing his face with her fingertips. Kagome really loved him, but she knew he loved Kikyo.

"Why can't you love me the way you love her? … I love you so much Inuyasha, I can make you just as happy as she had. I want to be with you for the rest of my life … I want to have children and grow old with you. Did Kikyo ever say that to you? … I just want you to want me too." She said softly as tears escaped from the corners of her eyes.

Unbeknownst to Kagome; Inuyasha had finally emerged from his state of unconsciousness, but he chose to keep his eyes shut. He just lay there listening to Kagome while she poured out her heart to him. He knew he truly loved her, and only her. Inuyasha simply wanted to hold her, but he felt quite sore and couldn't move. Kagome's tears began to fall, and it broke Inuyasha's heart to see her this way and know he was the reason.

Kagome was about to stand up and go outside to get some air when he took her hand. Kagome was startled; she looked down to see Inuyasha's eyes open.

"How long have you been awake?" Kagome asked rather shakily.

"Not very long, but long enough." He replied in almost a whisper.

"Did you hear everything I said?" she asked shyly.

"Yes Kagome, I did, and we really need to talk." He said squeezing her hand.

"Oh. But you need to get your strength back first … let me tell the others you're awake." She said trying to make an excuse to leave.

"No … Kagome, wait!" she implored, but she had already opened the door and left his words hanging upon the emptiness left in her wake. He was too weak to move, and sighed as he closed his eyes.

"We will talk soon Kagome, very soon. He said to himself.

A week had gone by and Inuyasha was back to his old self again. Kagome had returned to her world for school. she felt really weird around Inuyasha knowing he knew her heart's innermost secrets. Kagome knew she had to talk to him eventually, but she just needed a little more time to figure out what she was going to say to him.

Kagome had sent word that she wasn't visiting this weekend, but she would the next. Inuyasha however, couldn't wait another week without talking to her, so he decided to visit her world that very night.

Kagome had just arrived home. She felt absolutely exhausted from the day's heavy schedule. She just wanted to take a long hot bath and relax. Later, Kagome's mother knocked upon her door.

"Kagome honey are you going through the well today?" she asked.

"No mom, I'm staying home this week, I really need to catch up on a lot of missed school work." She replied in a tired voice.

"Well, we've planned a trip for this weekend, would you like to join us?"

"No thanks, I just want to stay home, if that's Okay?" Kagome replied.

"Alright dear, that's fine if you're sure, we will be leaving after dinner." She replied hugging her daughter.

"Okay mom." She replied smiling. Kagome's mother nodded her ascent, before heading for the kitchen to prepare the evening meal and pack. It was just a little after seven when Kagome's family left for the weekend. The house was all hers; she was grateful for two days of peace and tranquility.
`Now I can relax and think about what to do concerning the situation with Inuyasha.' She thought as a picture of him appeared in her mind's eye.

Little did she realize; Inuyasha was in fact planning a trip of his own, to her house.

PT.4

Kagome stepped from the bath and wrapped a warm towel about her body; she felt so much better, but the tension still moved through her limbs. Kagome closed her eyes and sighed at the thought of a full body massage. She could sure use one right now. She turned off the bathroom light and went downstairs for a cup of coco.

Inuyasha had just entered Kagome's timeline. He was approaching her house when he noticed her family leaving. He let out a sigh of relief as his eyes informed him she hadn't gone with them, which meant she was staying behind. He sighed inwardly and waited for the right moment to leap onto the tree that stood guard outside her bedroom window. He moved nimbly from branch to branch until he stood upon her bedroom window's ledge. He looked inside, but unfortunately the room was empty and he decided to wait. Five minutes later, he was rewarded for his patients. Kagome entered the bedroom draped in only a fluffy white towel. He wanted to divert his eyes, but he was transfixed by the image of beauty that stood before him. she allowed the towel to fall to reveal her graceful naked body, and then put on her nightgown.

`You are truly beautiful Kagome!' he thought to himself, unable to forget her shapely contours.

Inuyasha hadn't seen a woman undressed before. He never knew her body looked like that. There were occasions where he'd been caught peeking, but even then; he'd never actually seen anything. Her nightgown covered her every curve. He had only ever seen her in that damn uniform. Inuyasha had been so caught up in Kagome's spellbinding beauty; he had no idea when Kagome had left the room. He made a snap decision. He slowly pushed up the window and climbed into her bedroom.
Kagome was in the middle of making coco when she heard a sound coming from upstairs. She grabbed her brother's baseball bat and headed towards the stairs.

"Who's there … answer me?" she called in a tone she hoped would scare off any unwanted guest.

Inuyasha hadn't heard her calling out. Suddenly, she heard a loud thump followed by a soft thump. She steeled herself with all the courage she could muster. She began to move very slowly up the stairs. When she reached the hall she crept ever so quietly towards her bedroom door with baseball bat raised. She moved her hand around the corner of her doorway and lunged at a shadowy figure that jumped back after she'd made contact. She quickly flicked on the lights, and was shocked to discover who her unlikely intruder was.

"What are you doing here Inuyasha? You scared me half to death … I thought you were a burglar, or worse!" she said testily while shaking her head and putting the baseball bat well out of harm's way, much to Inuyasha's relief.

"I wanted to see you," he said rubbing his head. "That hurt" he said still rubbing.

"Well, next time make yourself known … don't sneak up on people like that, especially inviting yourself in through their bedroom window, okay!" she shouted.

"I wasn't sneaking, I climbed the tree and you'd left the room so naturally I was curious to see where you went,"
He said now understanding how his actions, though well intended might upset her. Kagome shouted an expletive that knocked Inuyasha off his feet.

"What the hell did you do that for?" shouted Inuyasha.

"So you saw me changing… well, didn't you?" she asked scowling as Inuyasha's face turned a bright shade of red. He couldn't deny it.

"Why are you here anyway? I said I wasn't coming through the well this week." She asked now curious.

"I know, but I had to see you, we really need to talk." He said as her eyes softened and she smiled as he extended his hand and she took it. Inuyasha sat upon the floor while Kagome sat on the edge of her bed.

"Inuyasha, there's nothing to talk about." She said with an unreadable expression etched upon her pretty face.

"Yes there is… you need to hear this and I need to get it off my chest so please listen to me Kagome," he said as his expression took on a solemn heir.

"No Inuyasha … I never told you this, but I saw you kissing Kikyo, and know you want to be with her." she said as tears threatened to spill down her cheeks.

"Kagome you don't understand. Yes, she kissed me … I was confused, but not anymore … You see, I was told by Miroku that you had seen the kiss and heard my words … I decided to talk to Kikyo and sort out the situation while you were recovering from your injuries. We had a long talk. I realized at that moment it was you I wanted to be with. I guess I'm saying I love you Kagome. I think I've known it all along, but I felt I had to be there too for Kikyo. She has suffered a lot because of me and that Jewel. It's like I owed her my love since the time we died together still in love, yet still we felt betrayed. It's been many years, and I did love her then. When you came into my life that all changed. I truly feel my heart belongs with you; if you will have me." He said as he opened his heart to the woman he loved so deeply.

Kagome found herself in tears, she couldn't believe he was telling her all this. He really loved her and her alone.

"Can you say that you love me, Kagome, or am I too late?" he said as his eyes brimmed with tears of love and hope. Kagome didn't speak a single word; she jumped off the bed and into Inuyasha's lap, hugging him and crying. Inuyasha didn't know what to do, so he just held her tenderly in his arms.

"So does this mean you love me to?" he asked in an innocent tone.

"Yes you idiot! I love you, I've wanted you to tell me that for so long now, and finally … well." She said laughing and crying at the same time snuggling against his chest.

Then Kagome did something Inuyasha wasn't expecting; she pressed her lips against his and began kissing him. All he could do was kiss her back. Inuyasha loved the texture of her sweet lips upon his. He couldn't believe that he was at long last with the woman he truly loved. Finally, they came up for air.

"When should we tell the others?" she said stroking his face and kissing his eyelids, tip of his nose and brushing his lips with her own.

"Well Kagome, I had informed them I was planning to come here to try and win your heart. So I'm sure that after my extended absence they'll know I've succeeded." He smiled while massaging her shoulders.

"It's getting late, maybe you should stay here with me tonight; my folks will be away all weekend … so it's okay. But first you need a bath and something to wear." She said smiling.

Kagome drew Inuyasha a bath and found a pair of her grandpa's pajama pants for him. Kagome waited in her bedroom; Inuyasha returned looking quite attractive. Kagome had always admired Inuyasha's build, and he looked more magnificent in her eyes. His white hair was combed wet, and matted down his face; his chest glistened with water droplets.

`He's certainly well put together.' She thought licking her lips.

"So where will I be sleeping?" he asked Kagome innocently.

"Here with me in my bed, its okay … I trust you." she said smiling up at him.

He smiled and climbed in beside his love and they lay together in the warmth and security of her bed. Inuyasha lay on his back with Kagome enfolded in his arms with her head upon his shoulder. Inuyasha put an arm about her slim waist. He had never felt anything so soft; he was so used to sleeping on the ground, or in a tree. This felt so good. Inuyasha was starting to feel funny again, especially with Kagome practically atop his entire body. He felt wonderful sensations overwhelming him as his stomach performed what he described as flip flops. she was wondering what was going on for him at that moment, but things were also stirring within, beautiful things, things she wanted to share with Inuyasha and him alone. However, Kagome wasn't sure if she should make the first move. Without thinking about it; she dragged herself on top of Inuyasha and began kissing him.

"Kagome what are you doing?" he said in a gentle voice.

"I don't know, but it feels so right." Kagome began to trace small kisses along Inuyasha's neck. He suddenly felt himself shudder with pleasure.

"Kagome please, I might not be able to stop myself." He said teasingly.

"I don't want you to." She said in a soft playful voice.

Kagome continued working her way down his chest covering him with kisses. When she reached the cord of his pajama pants she paused for a moment. She thought his body was so strong and well proportioned.
"May I?" she asked in a seductive tone."

Inuyasha nodded, and helped Kagome remove his pants. Kagome's eyes lit up with delight.

`He really is well endowed!' She thought to herself, for an instant she was a little scared, but she looked into his eyes and saw love and understanding there and felt the tension leave her body.

"Can I touch you?" he nodded.

Kagome began to feel his manhood; it felt so soft, yet rock solid. Inuyasha moaned with pleasure and lost himself in her exciting touch. He was in heaven, and then an incredible sensation overwhelmed his senses as something wet and warm consumed him. Inuyasha looked down to see Kagome wrapping her lips around him. Inuyasha didn't know what to do; she was making him feel so good. Kagome began to engulf him; her head moving up, down and around as her tongue worked its magic. She looked at Inuyasha, and saw the pleasure upon his face. She was thrilled that this pleasurable experience was an expression of her love for him. Kagome continued pleasuring him. Inuyasha couldn't take it anymore he asked Kagome to "stop" quickly, she did as he asked and he released his seed.

"I have never felt anything like that before, Kagome… it was wonderful… thank you my love." He said, whilst enjoying the afterglow of release.

"Your welcome" she said smiling a bright smile.

"My turn" said Inuyasha.

He rolled her on her back, and he looked down into her sweet face, Inuyasha removed her nightgown and began kissing her. His eyes moved across her beautiful body; her full breasts felt so soft and warm in his hands. The sculptured splendor of her slim waist, hips, and the mystery of her sex aroused him in a way he couldn't explain. Kagome's thighs and magnificent long legs were exquisite. he then kissed her sensuously, and the kiss deepened as their tongues caressed one another in a dance of passion. The kissing moved from her face, eyes, ears, neck to the hollow of her throat. He kissed her breasts tracing her nipples with his tongue and suckling each until they were as hard as rubies. He pleasured her as if she were a musical instrument. He wanted to give her everything she had given him, and then some.
again, he took one of her breasts in his hands and began to caress it tenderly, while taking the other into his mouth sucking gently. Kagome moaned with the ecstatic sensations moving through her body like lightning. Inuyasha worked his way down, and began massaging her most intimate places. Inuyasha's fingertips worked their magic as he discovered her erotic centre. He stimulated her beautiful petals that opened to the flower of her sex, offering the nectar of her sexual ambrosia. His fingers gently moved inside her warm and wet well of love.

Kagome moved her hips to the rhythm of Inuyasha's attentive digits. Inuyasha began to kiss her inner thighs slowly. he worked his way to the top of her open flower, and touched the secret place sending explosions of light and pleasurable shudders throughout her body. Kagome never dreamt that anything like this was possible. He thrilled her more by caressing her sweet petals with his lips; he then found the gateway to her well of love and life. Inuyasha massaged her softness and drank of the nectar of her joy as a honeyeater takes pollen from a fragrant bloom. Inuyasha inhaled her scent. He knew her scent well, and wanted it . Kagome loved the sensation of his tongue inside her, and she lost it.

"Inuyasha!" she screamed and with that she reached orgasm. They both fell into a state of bliss and happiness, but they knew they wanted more.

Inuyasha began to slowly move his hands all over Kagome's soft skin massaging it tenderly. she sighed and moaned softly. Inuyasha pleasured her once more. he looked into her stunning eyes.

"Are you sure?" he asked as his heart thundered against his ribcage.

"Yes, I love you please love me." She said breathlessly.

Inuyasha began to slowly enter her. He reached her hymen, and then moved slowly within her until the pleasure and pain merged in a single thrust. she clung to him, and allowed the brief discomfort to slip away as Kagome let out a soft cry. Inuyasha kissed her to quiet her. They both began a steady rhythm, their bodies undulating like a sea of loving. Inuyasha and Kagome were enjoying the passion they'd waited so long for. This was the first time for them both, and they knew it was right. They climaxed while calling out one another's names.

Inuyasha was completely spent; he rolled onto his back and turned to Kagome and they lay in the afterglow in each other's arms happy and content together.

"How are you feeling Kagome my love?" Inuyasha asked stroking her hair.

"I feel wonderful, and what about you." She asked with a smile of satisfaction in her honey sweet voice.

"I've never been happier, or more satisfied in my life. I truly do love you Kagome, he said gently kissing her brow.

"You are my woman now, and I will never let you go." He declared sincerely.

"You will never have to worry about that, I will always be hear for you. I love you too." She replied in kind.

They kissed passionately; Kagome and Inuyasha knew they would be together forever. they soon fell into a deep and restful sleep.

It was a beautiful sun-splashed morning that greeted the new young lovers as Inuyasha and Kagome woke feeling refreshed and truly alive. They decided to take a shower, dress and then go downstairs for breakfast. Kagome wanted to take Inuyasha out for a walk. She found a hat that covered his ears and clothes for him to put on. Kagome took her new love all over town. After a couple of hours the two purchased food and stopped at a park with a beautiful lake. They sat down upon the grass to eat.

"Inuyasha, I wanted to tell you something that I had forgotten. When I was taking into that underground cavern, I knew you were coming for me some how. I felt your presence." She told him taking his hand in hers and resting it against the soft skin of her knees.

"Well I'm half demon, it should be no surprise to you, Kagome… you should have sensed me." He said by way of answer.

"It wasn't your demon half I sensed; it was you, just you … I felt your heart and need to find me." She said kneeling and leaning over to kiss him.
Inuyasha couldn't explain it; he simply put it down to the love that drew him to her, and she to him. Inuyasha and Kagome knew at that moment they were truly meant to be, and that made them happier. Inuyasha knew he had chosen the right woman, for he couldn't imagine life without Kagome as part of his life. Kagome also knew she was meant for Inuyasha, and vowed she would always love him and no other. They sat there holding each other while watching the sun set dreaming about there future together.

The End

Disclaimer


I don't own the characters in this story, so please don't sue me, K?
I hope you enjoyed my first try at writing a story. Oh and much thanks to all those who helped a great deal with editing for me love you all. If you liked it, email me with comments. Good or bad, I'd love to here it. Maybe I'll write a continuation to this story.

foreverlace@excite.com